Is Sunday must win?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have lost more games so far than we did all of last season. This will be a tough game, but should it be considered a must win?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. After a demoralizing screw job last week, this team's backs are definitely against the wall. How they show up this week will set the tone for the rest of the season, IMO.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that it's "must win" as far "if we don't win this game, we can't make the playoffs" or anything like that. But definitely "must win" as far as regaining their composure.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the fans: It is to rotor rooter out the bad taste from MNF and the scummy scab refs.
For the team: To move on and be motivated by a win for the rest of the season.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is more of a mental must wun than anything else. Not to mention I think that nust about every fan of football will be rooting for us to win.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely an important game but it is certainly not a must win situation at this point. Winning Sunday's game will of course make it easier on the team moving forward but this is a talented team that could go on a streak and overcome even a 1-3 record.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MUST WIN?

No.
We lost 6 of our first 14 games 2 seasons ago.
The only "must wins" came in weeks 16 & 17. Then the playoffs.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Should the Pack NOT win, that would the 3rd "conference" game they've lost. If by some freaky thing the Pack wouldn't win the division...there would be a lot of tie breakers going against them. So... yeah... I believe it is a MUST win. Problem is, that it is REALLY a "must" win for the Saints -- and they know it. So... an angry Packers team versus a determined AND angry Saints team...yeah, I'm not making any predictions this week.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Whenever the term "must win" comes up I wonder "must win or what?" “Must win” or they won't win the division? “Must win” or they won't make the playoffs? “Must win” or they won’t win a title? Obviously none of that is mathematically true of a 1-2 team going into game four of a sixteen game season.

But I agree with those who are asking what it means for the Packers if they lose to the Saints. It would mean being 1-3 in spite of playing three of their first four games at home. It could either mean the seemingly rejuvenated Packers D isn’t, or that the problems on offense are much worse than many think. Or both. The Saints are the highest scoring team the Packers have faced so far this year, so expecting the Packers to match their about 17 ppg surrendered this season is unrealistic. But if the D is legitimately improved we shouldn’t see the Saints go up and down the field like they did opening day of last season. And the Saints have gone from 13th in scoring D last season to tied for 30th this young season, giving up 34 ppg. The Saints also have given up almost 140 more passing yards per game than the Packers. And they’re really bad vs. the run giving about 60 yards more per game than the next worst team and about 80 more than the Packers. (I do realize three games of this season is a small sample set.) If the Packers’ O can’t get healthy against the Saints D…

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me I always think the pack is going to win,I was upset about the Monday game like everyone else,but on too the next,I think if o-line can get the run going and open up more plaqys for A-Rod and w.r.s it will give them the boost they need to get their game going witch will mesh with d-line and special teams then watch out this team will be hot Go Pack Go know they have it in them.:)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Jack, the term "must" win just adds a sense of urgency that none of us really understands. It means that our world will cave in and we'll all be looking for silos to jump off off. In reality, what it comes down to ... a loss in this game will just another degree of difficulty for this team to overcome toward the end of the season. Sort of like building their own personal 11th level of hell (apologies to Alighieri for bast*rdizing his work. ;) )

H

HardRightEdge

Only about 15% of 1-3 teams make the playoffs. It may not be "must win" but it's pretty close.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be called a must win....

But I truly think our D has come around and will be way better than last year..Our offense will come around..

I think if they do lose, it wont be horrible...

but that is about the only game they probably can afford to lose inside the conference..

Also depends on how other teams do..What if Niners lose too? Or the Bears??

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the offense can't perform against the putrid NO defense, I might start worrying. We've played the Bears, who always give us fits, the likely #1 overall D in SF, and Seahawks, which are probably Top 5, in a game where neither of our offensive tackles decided it would be a good idea if they came to play that night.

Members online

Latest posts