Is Simms in our plans, if the Bucs cut him?

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would not be a bad backup judging from what Brohm and Flynn have shown so far.

Opinions

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I would love to see Simms or someone LIKE Simms in Green Bay, at least for a season.

People say that if our starting quarterback goes down, our season is over. Well, I disagree. If Rodger's goes down for a week or two and we have a reliable backup who can come in, run our offense, and at least win 1 out of 2 games that Rodger's may be out, we would be right back in the playoff hunt.

Of course, if he goes down for the whole year, that's a different story, but that's also pretty unlikely. A good backup that could fill in for a couple of weeks, and also considering the bye week, would be a good option in my opinion.

Although, so far I have been impressed with Flynn. I think it won't take him too long to be able to run our offense effectively. Hopefully we don't let him go.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Simms in Green Bay. I like tough QB's and he fits the bill. I would like to know before hand what is happening with Brohm or Flynn first though.

does anyone else get the feeling from Brohm that he doesnt wanna be here.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Packnic said:
I would love to see Simms in Green Bay. I like tough QB's and he fits the bill. I would like to know before hand what is happening with Brohm or Flynn first though.

I don't get that feeling. I just think he's overwhelmed at the moment, and needs to relax a bit.

Things obviously are moving far too fast for him.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
Packnic said:

I don't get that feeling. I just think he's overwhelmed at the moment, and needs to relax a bit.

Things obviously are moving far too fast for him.

i agree ^^^ i think he just has to get used to the speed of the game ....

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

i think Simms is damaged goods. it seemed to me that Tampa wasn't at all concerned about losing him from the jump, so apparently he's worse than Luke McCown and Josh Johnson?

Members online

Latest posts