Is Revis still available?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in the offseason, but let's be honest...

This secondary looks pathetic against any good to elite quarterback

could it hurt to bring someone in who "knows how" to play the position???

I mean we got a little lucky today on the interception that was a deflection, or maybe even a drop...
let's be honest I don't trust them against Matt Ryan again

Only way we win a game like that is if ARod puts up like 49 points

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our young secondary is playing good. But I would bring in Revis in a flat second if it was an option.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vet min plus incentives... maybe... if he works out well and they feel he can be a mentor

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously what is the obsession with big name players who aren't good enough to find a team?

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis is still good enough to play even at age 32 or whatever he is. The issue is he gets $6 million from the jets to do nothing. It’s an offset contract so a team would have to pay him above and beyond $6 million to get him to sign. So he’d probably need to get paid $10-12 million to justify an nfl seasons abuse and that’s just not going to happen.

I would guess he’ll be back on a team next year.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who else is available? Leon Hall? We need a bit more options than just Randall and Rollins.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He is available and has been since March..

Why is that? I think he is being paid by the jets still..

Chargers reached out and didn't pursue even tho they are thin..

I think most teams believe he is done

D

Deleted member 6794

Our young secondary is playing good. But I would bring in Revis in a flat second if it was an option.

The Packers' secondary isn't playing good by any means but there's no reason to bring up Revis once again.

Revis is still good enough to play even at age 32 or whatever he is. The issue is he gets $6 million from the jets to do nothing.

Revis allowed a passer rating of over 100 last season. While he would fit in perfectly with most of the Packers' secondary that's the reason he hasn't been signed by now as he doesn't present an upgrade over the players currently on the roster.

Who else is available? Leon Hall? We need a bit more options than just Randall and Rollins.

I don't consider any free agent cornerback currently being available as a significant improvement.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider any free agent cornerback currently being available as a significant improvement.

Maybe not. But there's no downside in trying them out. The only impact in benching Rollins/Randall could actually be on the positive side.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe not. But there's no downside in trying them out. The only impact in benching Rollins/Randall could actually be on the positive side.

The Packers would have to release a player currently on the roster to make room for a veteran not being considered a significant improvement. No, thanks.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But is this guy a wash up or another Charles Woodson? Lets see....can he look confused and let wrs release to no one? If the answer is yes, then get him on the field...Capers can get him all discombobulated by his schemes and he will fit in fine.:eek:

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry to bump this but....

I swear if this secondary makes Keenum look like a Pro Bowler today it's gonna be pretty indictive of more problems to come

I've got some buddies in Minnesota who will admit this shouldn't even be close... ESPECIALLY with Diggs out, you would just need to focus on Thielen mostly

Let's see if there's any improvement

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People claiming Revis went from 18 mil a year allpro cb to not worthy of roster spot. Need to jump off the negative band wagon .

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we got Randall, Hawkins and Rollins starting today... don't hold your breath lol

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean I'm just being honest...

Keenum, a THIRD STRING quarterback, on a DEFENSIVE minded team who does NOT HAVE his starting RB or starting WR

No Dalvin Cook
No Stefan Diggs

Looked pretty good today

If our D was pretty good I would have expected them to hold them to 17-20 points