Is Our D-Line better than we think?

JWalkRulz84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have good depth on our D-Line and the latest says we are thinking about moving Hunt to power end. I personally like this move. He is about the same size as Vonnie. He came out of college as a D-End and just maybe we will get more out of Cledtius than we did before. Interior, we have a lot of promise in Donnell Washington, high hopes for Cullen Jenkins and a solid guys in Grady Jackson. Jim Bates also likes Corey Williams very much. He thinks Williams will compete for a starting position. Bates really believes we have a good D-Line. I also believe that D-End might be the last position we go after. I would expect us to get a linebacker, a couple safeties and some O-Line help before a D-End...What do you guys think?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I dont know if we know if we have a good D-Line. We haven't really had all the new guys healthy enough to make that statement. The D-Line fielded last year blew mutated monkey jewels.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sure haven't proven they are good. So until that time they are not good. They may have the potential, but that $5 wil get you a hamberger. And they have to do it, consistently.

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I dont know if we know if we have a good D-Line. We haven't really had all the new guys healthy enough to make that statement. The D-Line fielded last year blew mutated monkey jewels.

and thasts being very very nice about it

please , every team has injuries, the real truth is the d line last year was even worse than we think

94 padded his stats in a meaning less late season game against the bears, without that his niumbers were awful

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LOREN said:
SlickVision said:

please , every team has injuries, the real truth is the d line last year was even worse than we think

Please, many players stumble a year or two before shinning, name that comes to mine MIKE FLANNIGAN. Please.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see if Washington can develop into anything, or if he's just another body out there like Peterson has been so far.

It would be a pleasant surprise and a boost if a couple of the young D-lineman stepped up, but I don't think TT can count on it.

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
LOREN said:
SlickVision said:

Please, many players stumble a year or two before shinning, name that comes to mine MIKE FLANNIGAN. Please.

sorry but hunt and kgb were mia in most games last year

they are far from the need to be given time to develpoe

if an injury to grady makes the entire line fall apart, then they need about 6 new guys

its time to face up to the fact that this group is not the answer, some parts need to be scrapped and new parts installed

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I'm really curious to see if Washington can develop into anything, or if he's just another body out there like Peterson has been so far.

It would be a pleasant surprise and a boost if a couple of the young D-lineman stepped up, but I don't think TT can count on it.
Yeah - I'd agree with this line of thinking - of all the D Players out there, in fact for the entire post Holmgren, post Wolf Era.. almost all of them have had to take time to gel with the System. Remember, god rest his soul, Fritz Shurmur too the C Train to Seattle when Holmgren left.... and that really sucked to see him finish his career somewhere other than at Lambeau Field.

Is this an issue with the way Sherman runs the Show? Could be...
Mike favors the Offense - always has - When it comes to Defense, he usually just delegates authority... Donatell, I think, was left pretty much out there on Crusoe's Island. And, as we all know, Ed was pretty amazing; especially when it came down to the brass tack facts that Mr. Rossley (oh yea, I'm an OC :roll: ) had twice as many great Personnel to work with... Donatell still made things happen. If it hadn't been For Rossley (yea, I'm an OC :roll: get over it) calling that bonehead pass play in 2003 - Brett would have seen himself going up against the New England Patriots. It was a sure bet that Carolina had no chance, no chance against the Pack that year.... I just hope Rossley made a nice chunk o' change after the game - for THROWING THE DAMN THING!

So - I'll give these guys a good run for their money - they get one year - starting this year - since we now have a valid replacement for Ed Donatell. We'll just see who gels out (gellin' like a felon?) and who wimps out!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LOREN said:
SlickVision said:
LOREN said:
SlickVision said:

sorry but hunt and kgb were mia in most games last year

they are far from the need to be given time to develpoe

if an injury to grady makes the entire line fall apart, then they need about 6 new guys

its time to face up to the fact that this group is not the answer, some parts need to be scrapped and new parts installed

Would you alteast READ what you are replying to so you don't look so stupid? I never mentioned HUNT or KGB. I was speaking about the NEW GUYS. You know those people just dfrated in last two-three years who HAVE been INJURED not ON THE FIELD.
You mentioned the group needs to be scrapped. I'm saying I would like to see how the DL guys drafted in the last two-three years produce on the field. Of course they gotta stay healthy first, if the can't well yea as the book on how to state the obvious says, "scrap'em".

Members online

Latest posts