1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Kobe done in LA?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by longtimefan, Oct 17, 2007.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Kobe Bryant acknowledged being "caught off guard" by comments made last week by Lakers owner Jerry Buss, but said he would "strap it up" and play if he is still on the Lakers' roster when the regular season rolls around Oct. 30.

Bryant granted a brief interview Tuesday afternoon to a small gathering of reporters awaiting him near his Bentley in the players' parking lot of the Lakers' training facility in El Segundo.

Bryant sat out practice for a third consecutive day -- by mutual agreement, Coach Phil Jackson said -- and provided 98 seconds' worth of insight afterward, six days after Buss said he "would certainly listen" to trade offers for the nine-time All-Star.

Bryant became upset that Buss had openly revealed details of their meeting after Bryant's initial trade demand at the end of May. Bryant said they had agreed to keep their inner dealings to themselves.

Bryant, when asked Tuesday if he had played his final game in a Lakers uniform, was non-committal

"I don't know," he said. "Talk to Mitch [Kupchak] and Mr. Buss about that. .
    I'm just getting ready. If I'm here, I'm ready to strap it up. My job is to play the game and get ready to play the game, and that's what I'm doing.

link

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So much for keeping it private, hey?

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    LOL yeah seem very private

4. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Both sides are behaving like idiots. I must admit I'd like to see Kobe in Phoenix or Detroit. Him and Nash would be awesome. The problem with any trade is getting equal value.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    wow Nash and Kobe what a team they would be

6. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There was talk of sending him to Dallas for Jason Terry and Josh Howard, but I REALLY hope that doesn't happen. Terry needs to stay in Dallas.

7. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That interview today definitely showed the same Kobe we saw earlier in the summer. The trade me now Kobe I would say.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477