Is James Jones okay?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was clear that the dirtbag rookie on Dallas was trying to re-injure Jones' sprained knee after his TD and they showed him limping slightly on the sideline afterward but I didn't hear anything more about it.

That POS should be fined because the play was over.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I can't believe there wasn't a flag on that play... that was beyond ridiculous...:cautious:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That play was right in front of me, and you know I LOVE James Jones. I was pissed too, but I don't think the hit was THAT bad or that late..... he actually tackled him, not dove into the knee like what was done to Cobb and Gronk and Keller and Peterson and Shipley, etc.

I watched Jones closely after that play......

Here Jones is the first guy walking into the locker room celebrating.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think that was a ****head move. He was already in the endzone and he did a 360 twist of his lower leg. luckily JJ rolled with his leg and avoided serious injury. I think that was frustration making him finish like that. He knew he was in.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That play was right in front of me, and you know I LOVE James Jones. I was pissed too, but I don't think the hit was THAT bad or that late..... he actually tackled him, not dove into the knee like what was done to Cobb and Gronk and Keller and Peterson and Shipley, etc.

I really don't understand your logic at times. For someone who is so focused specifically on ACL injuries (not PCL, MCL or LCL injuries), you of all people should be appalled at what that kid tried to do. Most ACL injuries are caused by twisting action. It was a TD before the kid even touched him. The whistle was blown immediately. He grabbed him by the ankle and rolled him. Then when Jones was on the ground he kept twisting for another two seconds in a clear attempt to re-injure his knee. It was almost like an MMA submission attempt. It was the low-brow kind of thing you would expect from a Jim Schwartz-coached player.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't understand your logic at times. For someone who is so focused specifically on ACL injuries (not PCL, MCL or LCL injuries), you of all people should be appalled at what that kid tried to do. Most ACL injuries are caused by twisting action. It was a TD before the kid even touched him. The whistle was blown immediately. He grabbed him by the ankle and rolled him. Then when Jones was on the ground he kept twisting for another two seconds in a clear attempt to re-injure his knee. It was almost like an MMA submission attempt. It was the low-brow kind of thing you would expect from a Jim Schwartz-coached player.
I didn't see the tv view, just saw it live right in front of me.
I was mad about it, and worried about JJ.

But it's nothing like the cheap hits put on Cobb, Gronk, Keller, etc.

Still, I wanted an OL to come up to defend Jones and accidentally knee Wilcox in his junk.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
IMO, the NFL is run by a bunch of wealthy businessmen who'd rather fine a DE who can't stop himself in mid-air from touching the QB than a punk who is clearly trying to cause a serious injury on a receiver.

Bottom line is that it's all about the bottom line. QBs bring in revenue. Dont put them at risk. Receivers are dime a dozen. They are fair game.

/rant

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see the tv view, just saw it live right in front of me.
I was mad about it, and worried about JJ.

But it's nothing like the cheap hits put on Cobb, Gronk, Keller, etc.

Those were partly caused by the rules the NFL has put in place. They were legal tackles and simply part of the risks of playing football. OTOH, this was a blatant attempt to injure.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
why is it teams seem to find the need to be extra dirty to the packers? We don't do blatantly dirty moves, hits, low blows....yet teams find it nessesary to push our buttons. Remember last year when richard sherman knocked jennings to the ground after the play was over? what the hell did that prove or solve? and they didnt even flag his punk *** for it. We get ripped off on this constantly.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This play will be prob be sent to the league for a review per Mike Clemens nfl packer insider

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the refs perspective in real time, I bet that it looks like an aggressive end to the play but probably not flag worthy. As a Packer fan, I was mad and so obviously was Jones. The player made the initial tackle inside the endzone and continued taking Jones down to the ground and twisting after he had pushed Jones outside of the endzone. Certainly it was overzealous and dripped with desperation anger, and I hope that the league imposes a fine.

I understand why the refs may have declined to throw the flag, but in a game where temper tantrums were mounting on the Cowboys side, a well-deserved flag would have demonstrated to the players that this behavior would not be tolerated as the game continued.

Hopefully karma gets back to that DB (and that isn't an acronym for defensive back)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just rewatched it and hard to tell..

It may have been the DB said something to JJ on the ground, or Jj said something to the guy that led to the little issue after the play

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that if a guy twisted my legs like that, I'd be up in his grill in an instant. There absolutely is a fine line between hard play and dirty play. This one was on the line, which is why I think that the ref held his flag, but it's really all in the eye of the beholder, or most aptly in Jones' eye.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a photo of the play.
This was not a cheap shot at all.
Maybe not smart, but not cheap like dives INTO knees of defenseless receivers.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!