• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Should we just dump Rodgers even with the horrible cap issues?

He hasn't (he is the consistent Player) in last 11 years

Is it time?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think the Packers finally have justification for doing so. They were never going to do it off of the MVP seasons. Now, moving on is much more socially acceptable and they won't get a ton of push back.

Feels to me like this is it. Not sure how, but it feels that way.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to say without knowing more about Jordan Love. He'll be entering his fourth year next season. I suspect MLF and the Packers brass have an idea of who Love is. If they believe Love truly is the real deal, a franchise QB, then maybe it is time to move on. If not, then perhaps we stay with Rodgers. My understanding is that it would be hard to keep both Rodgers and Love next year with the cap being what it is.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My understanding is that it would be hard to keep both Rodgers and Love next year with the cap being what it is.

Love being a QB in the NFL who wants his chance probably has more to do with next year than the cap. I know if I was in his situation, I sure wouldn't want to be a backup for another year.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's hard to say without knowing more about Jordan Love. He'll be entering his fourth year next season. I suspect MLF and the Packers brass have an idea of who Love is. If they believe Love truly is the real deal, a franchise QB, then maybe it is time to move on. If not, then perhaps we stay with Rodgers. My understanding is that it would be hard to keep both Rodgers and Love next year with the cap being what it is.
I said for 2 years he gets the 5th yr option

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Should we just dump Rodgers even with the horrible cap issues?

He hasn't (he is the consistent Player) in last 11 years

Is it time?
What do we get for him? And what’s our plan B Rodgers replacement plan? Some how what ever is decided management will screw this up

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers finally have justification for doing so. They were never going to do it off of the MVP seasons. Now, moving on is much more socially acceptable and they won't get a ton of push back.

Feels to me like this is it. Not sure how, but it feels that way.
Moving on would be great but who's gonna want him now at his age and salary?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why cut him when we can get at least a 1st back for him, considering we would be paying a ton of his money (dead cap) for the new team already. Deal with the Raiders again.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Umm

You are aware there is a qb named love?
Yes but I think they may trade him before we find out how good or bad he is, my 3cents is tonight he might have made a difference because the Lions have been weak on the run this season and having a running QB Ins a plus for the Packers

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t know if he will be back or not but not sure why cut/release is looped in with trade as it in particular is not remotely realistic.

Last I checked a cut was either 99m dead cap in ‘23 or 31m in ‘23 and 68m in ‘24.

They would trade him for a can of pringles before doing that.

Gut says he retires though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They said a few weeks ago that they have seen enough from Love to make a decision on his 5th year option. All reports have been that he has made tremendous strides this year and the one quarter he was allowed to play this year showed that. My dollar says they're ready to go with him. I'd like to see MLF's offense as he wants to run it without the compromises Rodgers has demanded.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a zero percent chance that Rodgers gets cut.

The cap hit isn't doable.
So you think they continue grossly overpaying him? I think the only way he stays is if he's willing to take a major restructuring to his contract. But that's not congruent with his personality.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why cut him when we can get at least a 1st back for him, considering we would be paying a ton of his money (dead cap) for the new team already. Deal with the Raiders again.
Nobody is giving a 1st for him at this point. Maybe a second and third.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is giving a 1st for him at this point. Maybe a second and third.
We'd be eating a ton of his salary for the new team. The Jets, Patriots, Colts (maybe not their top 5 pick), Titans, and Commanders would sign up for that right away. The Raiders, Saints, Panthers, and other teams would look into it.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did they ink Rodgers to that monster deal to get one crappy year out of him. Stupid should be painful and it will be. Im looking forward to 2025

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be that guy. He back next year? Want him back? Why? Why not?

I personally think he will be. Cap reasons he has to. He ****** us. He ain’t getting traded. We ain’t gonna get **** for him to thread the needle besides, I also believe next year that’s it. He won’t play his 3rd year. He’ll retire a Packer. He wants to. I feel the Packers are going to give Jordan Love a contract and roll with him. He has every right to ***** and demand a trade. Then what? We aren’t bad enough to get another rookie prospect and don’t have the money for a filler. They will contend. I just don’t see the front office eating crow on a 1st round pick which they traded up for who has showed, I wouldn't say leaps and bounds, but positive steps and just let him walk or would trade him for less than his draft round. He won’t sniff a 2nd rounder back.

Aaron Rodgers shouldn’t have even been a Packer. Let’s call it like it is. He fell to us during a time when we had another egotistical QB who held this franchise hostage. Not many franchises that can say they had back to back 1st ballot HOFers. 49ers come to mind right away. A shame we wasted his career with inept defenses, coaching gaffes and special teams letdowns. 2014 comes to mind to me thinking that was another ring.

Whether we agree or disagree with his personality, the man he is, the leader, teammate or God forbid his ****ing haircut, he gave all of us hope every week of his career when healthy, which was most of the time. Get ready for the swan song season next year. It just makes sense all around.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'd be eating a ton of his salary for the new team. The Jets, Patriots, Colts (maybe not their top 5 pick), Titans, and Commanders would sign up for that right away. The Raiders, Saints, Panthers, and other teams would look into it.
After having 17 games of film on him from this season? I think you're dreaming if you think they'd give a high first round pick for him.

Reaction score
Honestly I don’t think it’s as much about Aaron as it is about Jordan. Next year could be that 1 year that we get a good look at him while he’s on a Rookie contract. Either way, you’d pay Rodgers his guaranteed next season if he plays or not. However we’re losing another year of growing Jordan as our starter.

It’s reasonable to consider a trade offer for Aaron. I’m no longer afraid of #12 retiring, put Jordan Love in and force Aaron to retire today if he won’t accept a trade
Eat his $ this 2023 season and move on, we’ll be in much better shape in 2024 on a 5th year option at QB. If we know don’t know what to expect from #12 by now? Double shame on us going forward.

Last edited:

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will retire if not for other reason then he is well aware that if he doesn't he will hurt this team and hold JLO back or make it near impossible to keep him.

Onother possibility is he will want to return for 1 more season and will agree to an substantial pay cut and contract restructuring which will allove to us to keep JLO if they think he is the QB of the future. If that happens they will talk to JLO and ask him to sit behind AR for 1 more season and promiss him the starting job in 24.

Rodgers may want to come back on a 20-25mil deal because he may not want to retire after such a terrible run.

If he does I expect that will he will work very hard in the off-season to get himself in the best shape possible and we will be on fire for his final hurray .

Members online

Latest posts