Is it Thompson or is it Wolf?

D

Deleted member 6794

My gut says the same, however that does not change the fact it is more difficult now than then.

I don't think that's true for the Packers at all. The introduction of the salary cap most likely assured Green Bay to be able to stay competitive against teams from way larger markets featuring owners with deep pockets.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The off season free agent pickups, signing Brooks at the 11th. hour, bringing in Dial in for a workout at the 12th. hour...all very uncharacteristic of Thompson.

I can't help but think Wolf is having a hand in this.

It might be time to recalibrate expectations going forward.
A Packer insider on wssp mentioned he hasn't seen or heard someone is influencing Ted.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

A Packer insider on wssp mentioned he hasn't seen or heard someone is influencing Ted.
By Packer "insider" do you mean a little man living inside Ted's head? A little introspection would tell you that "influence" is not a matter of "do this" with a response of "I'll do that".

A lack of enthusiasm for one idea while rallying around another constitutes influence. No man is an island. I think it is fair to assume that Ted does not sit on a throne surrounded by yes men on one knee.

64 year old zebras do not change their stripes without some kind of push.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
By Packer "insider" do you mean a little man living inside Ted's head? A little introspection would tell you that "influence" is not a matter of "do this" with a response of "I'll do that".

Poor Ted! I saw this play out in Animal House and it wasn't pretty!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disturbing news on this front.

Now I'm not saying I believe this, but I've heard this from multiple people who would know. The Packers are concerned with some management practices. Have you ever seen 'Weekend at Bernies'? Well...that's the current TT situation. It appears that he passed away some time ago, and desperately wanting control, Elliot Wolf has been making TT seem like he's alive so he doesn't have to take the chance of not getting the GM job.

That's not the scary part though. Ron Wolf has obviously been around...but acting really strange after a month long trip to Thailand. The thought is that he had major reconstructive surgery to make himself look like his son, Elliot. So Ron Wolf has managed to take the reigns of the Packers again. Now I'm not saying I believe this, but it's coming from people who would know.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Checked with my sources, turns out
TT is still the GM and making all the decisions.

However, Aaron Rodgers is no longer making the QB decisions. Hundley is communicating via the headset, telling AR what to do on every play. This has been going on since AR tanked mid last season and was making bad decisions. I think we all recognized a sudden improvement in his decision making, now we know why. Apparently AR immediately saw the benefit and that is when and why he stated they could now run the table.

Also, MM has relinquished some of his duties as well. Blocking fundementals have been turned over to several scientists at Johnson and Johnson. The improvement in pad level was obvious in the first game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, MM has relinquished some of his duties as well. Blocking fundementals have been turned over to several scientists at Johnson and Johnson. The improvement in pad level was obvious in the first game.
as long as they aren't putting baby powder in those pads, we should be good.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Disturbing news on this front.

Now I'm not saying I believe this, but I've heard this from multiple people who would know. The Packers are concerned with some management practices. Have you ever seen 'Weekend at Bernies'? Well...that's the current TT situation. It appears that he passed away some time ago, and desperately wanting control, Elliot Wolf has been making TT seem like he's alive so he doesn't have to take the chance of not getting the GM job.

That's not the scary part though. Ron Wolf has obviously been around...but acting really strange after a month long trip to Thailand. The thought is that he had major reconstructive surgery to make himself look like his son, Elliot. So Ron Wolf has managed to take the reigns of the Packers again. Now I'm not saying I believe this, but it's coming from people who would know.
You might be overthinking it. It's pretty clear Eliot Wolf trained in Bravos with the Faceless Men.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Checked with my sources, turns out
TT is still the GM and making all the decisions.
I don't doubt he puts his signature on everything and has the final say. That's his job.

That isn't the issue though, is it?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You're making my point.

His track record is virtually identical to Wolf's. Mediocre... Lol.
I understand that. My point is that Thompson's record with the Packers is basically identical to the Wolf/Favre era, which most fans consider to be quite successful. Between the two of them, they've had one of the longest runs of consistent success in recent history. That's not mediocrity.
In the past 25 years, the Packers have had 16 years where they won at least 10 games. There isn’t anything even remotely mediocre about that track record. I’ve seen more than one poster try to separate out Rodgers from Thompson’s body of work. I’ve never seen anyone separate Favre out of Wolf’s body of work nor should they.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the past 25 years, the Packers have had 16 years where they won at least 10 games. There isn’t anything even remotely mediocre about that track record. I’ve seen more than one poster try to separate out Rodgers from Thompson’s body of work. I’ve never seen anyone separate Favre out of Wolf’s body of work nor should they.
Favre isn't Rodgers. If we had a QB throwing 4 picks in games and hanging the defense out to dry while being unable to run the ball, we'd get crushed.

Latest posts