Is it more exciting to be a Packer fan in Wisconsin or someplace else in the world?

Where is it more exciting to be a Packer fan?

• In Wisconsin

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Someplace else in the World

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Wisconsin, seems like everyone is wearing Packer colors. You see someone in Packer colors and it's like, "ok that's all they own?"
Out here in California, when you see someone donning the colors, there usually is always some sort of "GO PACKERS" acknowledgement. So to me, it's more exciting. The downside is there are less Packer fans at work to talk about Packer football.
I was born in Green Bay, lived in Wisconsin for 21 years, so I have seen both sides.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Well I know what you are saying Guacamole, I have been waning off of wearing packer clothes, especially jerseys. but I would have to say living in WI is better for three reasons, you don't get asked about Favre, (its now an understanding), the state is in celebration when they are doing well, remember the capital being Green and Gold, and you don't get looked at oddly for hating the Bears or Vikings..

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say being a Packers fan outside of WI, it's enjoyable but I would rather enjoy the games w/ packers fans, instead of angered and disgruntled giants fans...GIANTS WOULDA WON IT ALL, BIG BLUE!!!, BLA BLA BLA BLA...it gets annoying

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't live in Wisconsin either, but as a Packers fan, I'd rather be in Wisconsin right now than any other place to celebrate my teams win. Oddly enough, I've started to notice more and more people crop up wearing Packers gear in and around Philly. Bandwagon fans or just fans who live here and can't help but show their Packers pride even in Philly. But, I'd still rather be in Wisconsin and be immersed in a sea of green and gold and be around fans who love this team as I do. It's like this, anybody remember that video for the Blind Melon song, "No Rain"? The one with the little dancing Bee Girl. Well, the beginning of the video is kind of like me in Philly (surrounding by Eagles fans), Wisconsin (GB) would be the place where I go and find out they are all Bees just like me (Packers fans)! Ya'll feelin me here?

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Yes, everyone here in Wisconsin is a cheesehead and we live & breathe Packer football. What is cool about it is it feels like one big family. It is an oddity to go into a bank, store, restaurant, etc. on game day & NOT see the staff in green & gold. Packer flags/banners are a common sight in windows, yards, hanging on cars - YEAR ROUND. You'll find a Packer party section in grocery stores; green & gold food of all types. We are all one here with OUR (meaning "community owned") Packers. <PRIDE>
On the other hand, I think that we are blessed to have a team that is so loved by fans around the world. I visit my kids in NYC & get absolutely giddy when I see someone adorning Packer apparel. This will warrant at least a high-5, if not a hug & extended conversation about the team. Often I will meet their NY friends & the first response with we be, "Ah...Packers". <PRIDE>
I get excited to see the locations of my PF friends. You are also my family. I hope each & every one of you gets the opportunity to experience Green Bay & Lambeau Field. You owe it to yourself. Let me know when you're coming to town & I'll buy you a brat & beer, maybe some cheese curds. THANK YOU for educating the world about the BEST team.
OK, now I feel emotionally drained. God, I love football. :hug:

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I think it's more exciting, for me personally, to be out of Green Bay. I love showing my colors in an non status quo environment. I love the chance to exchange conversation about who's team is better or friendly ( or non friendly) trash talk. Here in Saskatchewan there quite a few Pack fans but not all are as willing to express their colors as I do. Here when you wear your team colors mostly you friends or family will jaw but when we drove 17hrs to Green Bay this year everywhere we stopped someone had something to say about the Pack or NFL or just football in general ( good or bad) and I loved every minute of it.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I lived in Wisconsin until I was 21. Since then I have lived in Iowa and Indiana. Though my perspective has undoubtedly changed with age I would say to live in Wisconsin is better. I know some members here were excited to see the Pack hoist the Halas trophy in Chicago, but I believe that was because Green Bay was not an option. Given the choice of hoisting the Halas anywhere but Lambeau leaves Soldier Field as the only real choice, but Lambeau would still be first. That's because it is more fun to celebrate in your own "house." As a Packer fan, that is Wisconsin.
I must admit though, there is a certain satisfaction having bragging rights in the middle of Bear country.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's more exciting, for me personally, to be out of Green Bay. I love showing my colors in an non status quo environment. I love the chance to exchange conversation about who's team is better or friendly ( or non friendly) trash talk. Here in Saskatchewan there quite a few Pack fans but not all are as willing to express their colors as I do. Here when you wear your team colors mostly you friends or family will jaw but when we drove 17hrs to Green Bay this year everywhere we stopped someone had something to say about the Pack or NFL or just football in general ( good or bad) and I loved every minute of it.

Hey Munch, when you wear Packers gear in public, do people in Canada mistakenly think you're a fan of the Edminton Eskimos?

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I HATE being a Packer fan here in Florida. It's not that you have more fun in Wisconsin, it's just that everyone here doesn't give a rats *** about NFL football (or at least, not to the extent I'm used to). I'd have way more fun celebrating at home in Chicago where I can brag and rub it in friends' faces, or celebrate together with the Wisconsinites. I'm also brushed aside as a bandwagoner down here, wearing Packer paraphenalia and having eyes roll at me, "It's just because they won the Super Bowl that you like them." Can I slap some people, please?

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Munch
Hey Munch, when you wear Packers gear in public, do people in Canada mistakenly think you're a fan of the Edminton Eskimos?

All the time and it ****** me off. I am totally not a CFL fan so when 'ignant' CFLers say that the Pack copied the Eskimos I try not revert to violence. Also many Rider fans compare how their history is the same as the storied history of the Pack.
For those who don't know the Saskatchewan Roughriders have been around for 100 years and only won 3 championship ( yes that's a 3) and that's with 8 teams. Then they use the excuse that they are a small market team(1 million people in the whole province). Never stopped the Pack and never will.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think chicago would the best place to be a packer fan the past couple of months.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't know about exciting, but it can be more dangerous down near Chicago where I live.!:yahoo:

My son takes some classes in Chicago and he hasn't hesitated to dig at 'em down there. He doesn't even wear his Super Bowl hat or shirts ... he wears his NFC Championship gear. :chisux: His first class after the NFC Championship game, of course, wearing his stuff...one guy walks up to him and says "Hey...you have some **** smeared all over the front of your shirt and hat." :dirol: He said the guy's delivery was so good that he just about died laughing on the spot.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
My son takes some classes in Chicago and he hasn't hesitated to dig at 'em down there. He doesn't even wear his Super Bowl hat or shirts ... he wears his NFC Championship gear. :chisux: His first class after the NFC Championship game, of course, wearing his stuff...one guy walks up to him and says "Hey...you have some **** smeared all over the front of your shirt and hat." :dirol: He said the guy's delivery was so good that he just about died laughing on the spot.

Good job, Dad. I love that he wears the NFC as opposed to Super Bowl. :rotfl:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always grab my nfc championship stuff when Im headed to chicago. I think that must hurt them a little more.

Still wish it would have been against favre last season. That would have been epic.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather be in Wisconsin. There's pretty much no way I can afford to take a trip to Lambeau Field from Virginia, but if I lived in Wisconsin, I'd be able to make it to a game or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts