1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Is it just me

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by JbShell, Feb 3, 2006.

1. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Or is Superbowl XL just underhyped this year. I would think it would be on every news outlet but it is actually missing

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I thought it was me and that I wasn't watching a lot of TV but I agree Jb. Seems like a lack of hype.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    theres nothing to talk about.

you can only talk about jerome bettis so many times.

even this joey porter nonsense is boring me.

it is a very boring superbowl.

4. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I agree. There should be no off week between the conferance title games and the Super Bowl. Just too much time to yak yak yak about nothing.
    They should start the games at 3:00 as well. That way you avoid a 10 hour pre-game show.

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    it's at 3 on the west coast baby!

i think it'll be an interesting game though...Seattle's D should get tested at least once a season, it's only fitting that it comes on the biggest stage of all :lol:

6. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    You dog!

7. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I think the Super Bowl is overhyped. Way too much analysis and all that. Just play the game and get it over with.

8. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course you know...all here except Phil wouldn't be saying this if the Pack was in it...!!

I think people are under-rating Seattle...and they are going to win it!!

(It is just another game though and they should approach it like the did in the 60's...)

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with Phil!!! (Did i just SAY that!?!?)LOLOL!!! :lol:
    The game SHOULD start earlier, and 2 weeks between is TOO long for me! The only reason they do it, is so they have more time to sell AFC and NFC championship gear to the fans. And the LOOOOOONG pregame.......i don't even watch that. Even when the Packers were in it, i didn't watch it.
    And you guys are right.......it seemed to me they hyped XL alot more during the season then after. Of course, this year it's on ABC, and they don't seem to hype it as much as FOX. (In my opinion.)

10. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to me like there's plenty of hype, but maybe that's because I just got expanded cable TV this week.

As for the game itself, it's a great matchup. Both teams are solid on both sides of the ball, they are well-coached, with good QB's and some superstar players. I'm looking forward to the game.