Is it just me

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or do alot of fans on this forum suck. i mean come on stop talking sh** about your team and live with it. one week you want to bench brett and the next week your praising him. just shut up

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
not just you... i was gonna post about it too but figured im no mediator so i didnt.

Basically the Packers are going through a rough year, so what. We need to get over it and be thankful we even have a damn team. How many states don't even HAVE team to cheer for? Quite a few. Maybe I'm too easily thankful for having a team such as the Packers to cheer for, I dunno.

The Packers have some problems, but so does every team. That doesnt mean we as fans should turn against one another or our team.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly. we minnesota residents aren't lucky enough to have a team therefore i must cheer for the packers.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
or do alot of fans on this forum suck. i mean come on stop talking sh** about your team and live with it. one week you want to bench brett and the next week your praising him. just shut up

there's a fine line between talking (poo) and stating facts...if you talk about what happened in 8 games this season, you're gonna sound negative, like me, that doesn't mean i am...

but yeah anyone who is as against brett as i've seen on this forum...is not a true packer fan, i'm sorry

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
not just you... i was gonna post about it too but figured im no mediator so i didnt.

Basically the Packers are going through a rough year, so what. We need to get over it and be thankful we even have a damn team. How many states don't even HAVE team to cheer for? Quite a few. Maybe I'm too easily thankful for having a team such as the Packers to cheer for, I dunno.

The Packers have some problems, but so does every team. That doesnt mean we as fans should turn against one another or our team.

Brilliant Point ZERO! The most wise post since the loss on Monday night.

Always ask the question: "Compared to what?"

How bad is the 2-8 Packer season for Packer Fans compared to the football fans in Los Angeses.

There are 10 Million people in Los Angeles County that do not have a team to cheer for, or heretofore ***** about. Now lets just say just 10% of those people are NFL Football fans, that means there are one million fans who have no team they can say: "This is my team, I can drive and go see them live, this is my team, that I can go and experience a Game Day Tail Gate Party.

When I had my season tickets to the Raiders in Los Angeles for many years, I can tell you there were many real loyal young football fans from the poor areas around the historic venue who would be there every weekend in the parking lot, enjoying the tail gate party and then they would listen to the game on the radio in the parking lot becuase it was blacked out on T.V. and they did not have the money to get a ticket. But it was at least their team.

Now this does not make a Packer Fan in Moose Jaw, Toronto, Boise, Oklahoma City, Vancouver, or Palm Springs any less of a Packer Fan.

I think Zero has made a great point. Thank God there is a team with the history good or bad that one can cling to regardless of where you live.

Los Angeles and the Ten Million People or One Million Football Fans do not have that. The Rams are in St. Louis, and the Raiders won them a Super Bowl, but are back in Oakland.

RP

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, sixone. What do you mean MN doesn't have a team? Don't you know that they do have a team which is going to win the division and go to the Super Bowl. I hear that all the time. Of course, I hope you know that this is a tongue in cheek comment. The vicekings are just plain lucky as far as I am concerned. And you are right. MN doesn't really have a team. This is from one resident of MN to another resident of MN.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I talk about sh#t about your team and my team, so at least I'm fair. Both teams suck this year regardless of great individual efforts by some of the players. The only difference is we've been rebuilding for 47 years and counting, you guys are just starting to rebuild. I wonder how many packer fans (who have been blessed with a great team for many years) will be around if the rebuild takes a long time. It's easy to root for a team that wins.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey big3...most of the folks on this board have endured the 1970s and 1980s and we will endure this. Sadly, that past experience allows us to look at the current situation and detect eerie similarities to the Lindy Infante era. Tired cliches and all.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Hey big3...most of the folks on this board have endured the 1970s and 1980s and we will endure this. Sadly, that past experience allows us to look at the current situation and detect eerie similarities to the Lindy Infante era. Tired cliches and all.

Man, I heard that...... Can anyone say FORREST GREGG?

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
I talk about sh#t about your team and my team, so at least I'm fair. Both teams suck this year regardless of great individual efforts by some of the players. The only difference is we've been rebuilding for 47 years and counting, you guys are just starting to rebuild. I wonder how many packer fans (who have been blessed with a great team for many years) will be around if the rebuild takes a long time. It's easy to root for a team that wins.
"It's easy to root for a team that wins."

How true! It's also harder to be a fan of a team that chokes big time.

But I've been a fan of the Vikes since before the days of Eller, Marshall , Page and Tarkenton and I will never give up on them.

However, I do admire the hell out of the Packer org. and most fans.

Go Vikes!

OP
OP
T

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look at what wolf said, you dumb people that say brett should be benched, and thats excatly why hes not

One move Wolf said would make no sense would be sitting down Favre to see if rookie Aaron Rodgers can play. Wolf said if Favre can't win games with the talent currently around him, what good would it do for Rodgers to go in and fail.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Long time Packer fans started went through many tough years in the 70s and 80s. We haven't had to face those times since Favre has been the QB, so this season is a tough pill to swallow.

What we're seeing right now is similar to the reactions I've seen from those who became fans during the 60s success. It's where any sign of failure means the team stinks and it's time to find out who's at fault -- usually the coach is the first to blame.

I never had the opportunity to be a Packer fan during the 60s success, so I grew up a fan of a team that sucked. I don't enjoy losing at all, but at least I know that this team will turn it around. During the down years, coaching and player evaluation were rather pathetic. That isn't the case right now. There's obvious problems in coaching, but these guys are well experienced professional coaches. There are mistakes in player evaluation, but TT and staff are working hard to find good players.

These elements are key and they are how Wolf turned this franchise around. That is why I know that GB will chalk up this crappy season as gained experience and come out a better team. We'll be fine as long as we're not looking at Frankie Winters or Brett Favre to be the next HCs (in reference to our past with Forest Gregg and Bart Star.)

Members online

Latest posts