Is it just me?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me? Somehow this season is a little easier to take due to the Viking collapse. All the NFL Talking heads at the begining of the season praising their draft and how good they will be with Free Agent signings.

Could you imagine how obnoxious Vike fans would be if they had one loss right now?

Now I am not talking about Daunte's injury. I wish injury on no football player. Just the fact they have imploded makes it a little easier to take.

At least the Packers beat the spread yesterday.

Now I need to get a Voo-doo doll fro the Bronco's

RP

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might take a little voodoo to stop the Broncos right now..they're playing pretty good football.

Anyway, it is a little easier when the Vikes have a lousy season. Wouldn't it suck if the Packers sat at 1-6 and the Vikings were 6-1 or so? It's never fun to have a season like this, but at least the Vikings will have the same fate.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that the Vikings have imploded makes it a LOT easier to take. We would be in hell right now if the Vikings were having a good season. Well, actually if the Vikes were doing well we would just be waiting for their inevitable collapse. But considering that the Red Sox and White Sox have won the last two World Series, I would still be pretty uneasy about it. I'm glad they are burying themselves early.

Too bad about Culpepper. I still like him, and I still think he's a good QB.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The expectations for the Packers wasn't as high before the season started as it was for the Vikings by the national media, so in that way it's a little easier to take. I'd hate to have to listen to Sharper brag how great he has it over there.

What makes it hard for me to take is having to see Favre suffer through this. It would be easier for me to take if we were losing with a rookie QB who was going through the normal growing pains. I hate to see Favre have to go through this losing streak with all the injuries and lack of depth at certain positions.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season is hell. The Packers have lost every close game thusfar and it sucks!

I don't agree with the crap that another team doing poorly makes things easier seeing GB lose. Right now the Bears are winning the division and they are our biggest rival!

The hardest part is that this is actually a good team. Even with the injuries, the Packers are a good enough team to be unbeaten right now! We easily could have won any of the 3 points or less games on 1 play, the biggest losses have been against Detroit and Cinncy. If our offense played average against Detroit, we would have won. If Favre's pass to Driver toward the endzone was over his right shoulder instead of inside, then TD GB instead of another INT.

I thought losing to Minny in the playoffs last year was crappy, but being the worst team in the NFL right now really sucks! Maybe we're losing because of our inexperience, but that just leads to another excuse. I've had it with more excuses, time to step up and win a few games!! Playing for draft choices is a load of BS. You play the game to win.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby...you must not have a lot of close friends who are Vikings fans :D

At least for me, it makes it a LOT easier so I don't have to listen to crap from them...their 15-1 season was HELL prior to the infamous NFC champ game.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not Just You my friend. This season sure is a tough one to say the least but I am not seeing all those pre season Viking fans that were in here now gloating about the Viqueens right now. Gee, I wonder why ? I still want that revenge game for last years playoff loss though and I for one am looking forward to it. ( And No, I can't let it go, the nightmares still won't go away )

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have friends that are Bear fans. They are not rubbing in this Packer season. They are not gloating. They are gracious winners.

The reason may be that the Bears have won it all before.

I know very few Viking fans that will not kick a Packer fan when he is down. It is the nature of the Viking fans that I know.

The reason may be that the Vikings have NEVER won it all.

As a Packer fan I would much rather the Bears win than the Vikings. All I am saying is that it makes it easier not to have to listen to Viking fans. They simply do not know how to act gracious when things are going well.

Perhaps that is why the football god's always knock them down when things are going well.

RP

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Viking fans are bad loosers but they are even worst winners.

Anyway I fell that other peoples misery will only be a comfort of mediocre people.

I feell bad for this season, I cant understand why we keep loosing close games, I cant understand why when we had the chance to go for the yugular of the queenies we didnt, no, no, no, maybe having the queenis have this miserable season makes it more bearable to us to have an even more miserable season, remember we lost AGAINST them AFTER we HAD a BIG ADVANTAGE on the SCORE thanks SPECIALLY to Mr. Sherman and Mr Rossley and their great clock managment and play calling.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
This season is hell. The Packers have lost every close game thusfar and it sucks!

I don't agree with the crap that another team doing poorly makes things easier seeing GB lose. Right now the Bears are winning the division and they are our biggest rival!

The hardest part is that this is actually a good team. Even with the injuries, the Packers are a good enough team to be unbeaten right now! We easily could have won any of the 3 points or less games on 1 play, the biggest losses have been against Detroit and Cinncy. If our offense played average against Detroit, we would have won. If Favre's pass to Driver toward the endzone was over his right shoulder instead of inside, then TD GB instead of another INT.

I thought losing to Minny in the playoffs last year was crappy, but being the worst team in the NFL right now really sucks! Maybe we're losing because of our inexperience, but that just leads to another excuse. I've had it with more excuses, time to step up and win a few games!! Playing for draft choices is a load of BS. You play the game to win.

come on man. with all the injuries, the talent to be undefeated just isn't there. i get what you're saying that those close games could have been a win with just one more play, but you can't get into the "if the ball had been placed better to driver then" stuff. if the lions had not done anything at all on offense and let us score a couple of tds, we would have won in week one. :roll:

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings may have imploded but they still have a better record than the Packers. It still gives those purple fans something to brag about.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Not Just You my friend. This season sure is a tough one to say the least but I am not seeing all those pre season Viking fans that were in here now gloating about the Viqueens right now. Gee, I wonder why ? I still want that revenge game for last years playoff loss though and I for one am looking forward to it. ( And No, I can't let it go, the nightmares still won't go away )
VIKINGS ARE NO. 1, BABY!

ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL WITH BRAD JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!

IT AIN'T OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!............or until she's done testifying in that little boat incident, but I digress...

PACKERS ARE IN LAST PLACE!!!! HA HA !!!!!

Now I wait to see who takes this seriously..........PackerChick?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes 1-6 more tolerable....let's all be honest.....is that 30 packs are still around the price of 5 gallons of gas.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
It might take a little voodoo to stop the Broncos right now..they're playing pretty good football.

Anyway, it is a little easier when the Vikes have a lousy season. Wouldn't it suck if the Packers sat at 1-6 and the Vikings were 6-1 or so? It's never fun to have a season like this, but at least the Vikings will have the same fate.

This way, there are no bragging rights between us.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
VIKINGS ARE NO. 1, BABY!

ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER BOWL WITH BRAD JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!

IT AIN'T OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!............or until she's done testifying in that little boat incident, but I digress...

PACKERS ARE IN LAST PLACE!!!! HA HA !!!!!

Now I wait to see who takes this seriously..........PackerChick?

Not quite Vikefan. We have no bragging rights between us. :p

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
haha :D

Mike Tice hits jackpot in his move to get the 1st overall draft pick!

Culpepper injured :(
Now we won't get it...

Don't be so sure. The Vikings have had a hard time turning in their draft card in on time during some of the previous drafts and ended up losing their spot because of it. :D

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha...very true AZpack..why we don't rib the vike fans on this board more for that...well, I just don't know!

Sef0r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it isn't so much that the Vikings are having a bad season but the fact that we will still win some games. We may not win the division (or we might) but I like the fact that all the players that would have been stuck as backups are getting game experience, rookies are getting game experience....almost everyone is getting game experience.

I feel like crap after a loss, but unlike last year it doesn't last all week. I get over it because they are actually competing, just imagine what next year will be like, with Favre I hope.

When the season finishes the Packers will be a better team, and I feel good about next year. Does that mean I've given up on this year? Nope, still love watching them play, watching the defence anxious to see what the younger players are going to do. Love watching Favre and seeing what he can do with what the media call replacement players....I don't care what they say, Chatman is a good player. A lot of the players on this squad are good players, some are bad, few are great, but just like any other team in the NFL it comes down to any given Sunday...and I look forward to every game the Packers play regardless of their record, win or loose...

Members online

Latest posts