Is Green Back ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I love this guy and he was fantastic to watch today as he carried the ball 18 times for 118 yards including that 70 yard TD run.

I am just not sure if we just got a brief glimpse of the past today. In a nutshell, I am asking you guys how you would rate him right now as our starting back. I am just not sure anymore and that is why I am asking !!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love ahman, have an ahman jersey, but i think this was just a fluke. I hope he proves me wrong though. age...fumbles...blah. prove me wrong, ahman!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would say its safe to say hes back because we played against a team that is good at stoping the run.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love ahman, have an ahman jersey, but i think this was just a fluke. I hope he proves me wrong though. age...fumbles...blah. prove me wrong, ahman!

This is my gut feeling to trom....and I also hope he proves me wrong, he is a great guy !!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say it's just one game - let's see if he can capitalize on that awesome TD run & start kickin *** again.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he is back do you guys think we can have a good chance of winning 3 or more games in a row?

if so how many do you guys think we will win?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I love this guy and he was fantastic to watch today as he carried the ball 18 times for 118 yards including that 70 yard TD run.

I am just not sure if we just got a brief glimpse of the past today. In a nutshell, I am asking you guys how you would rate him right now as our starting back. I am just not sure anymore and that is why I am asking !!!

I was one of those who thought that Green was washed up and I wondered why we didn't look for an RB to replace him in the draft. I thought in the beginning of the season we should have traded him for a draft pick.

I kept my mouth shut though, because I love Green and all he has contributed to the Packers.

After seeing that run, I've done a 180. He beat a guy half his size in a foot race to the end zone. He sprinted like a madman for the last 60 or so yards and there was nobody who was going to catch him. I haven't seen a burst of speed like that since '04 out of Green, and now I'm convinced he's the old Green we've come to love.

I'm very glad, and so I've cast my vote that says "Back to 100%, no need to worry." That run was no fluke. I'm a speedster myself, and recognize a burst of speed when I see it. That was a burst of speed, and a good one at that.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't personally think he "ever left" but I do think he's starting to see the holes better in this scheme. Althought most of the day he didn't have any holes. I notice he sometimes overruns the blocking.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green showed he can still break off a big run and go the distance. i thought it was great to see someone step up on offence and take some heat off of #4!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green showed he can still break off a big run and go the distance. i thought it was great to see someone step up on offence and take some heat off of #4!

Can we get an amen for this post? Perfect timing too considering the injuries at WR.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the 70 yard run was great, but I he's not back to the old Ahman. Not including his 70 yard td run he averaged 2.8 yards per carry, he didn't play taht great.

I was going to say something like that.

Take out the 70 yarder and he has 48 yards. Not exactly Pro Bowl numbers.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
green is a back that gets better as the game goes on. he also gets better as the season goes (when hes healthy) he'll cut down on the fumbles as the season progresses. he is solid when healthy, but may only be healthy for 7-8 games a year.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't question if Green still can get the job done but I'd be surprised if stays healthy for another 5 games. As much as he's needed I think they need to manage his carries and not use him like the work horse he used to be. I will admit I caused quit a scene when he broke that run today!

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen....ahman green never left. This guy has been contibuting day in and day out when he is healthy. And now he IS healthy. So i woulddnt be surprised if he has another 100 yard game agaist arizona. 100% back people!!!!!

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ahman played well. I'd say that when he fully heals he will be back to the old Ahman. That was never really the question for me. He will always be a big play running back. He has god given speed and he has more talent than any back we've ever had, at least for the last 20 years.

The problem is his fumbles. If he doesent fumble, he can play 3 - 5 more good years. But if he fumbles, and he allways does, he needs to be replaced. Im just so nervous every time he carries the ball. If Green can hold on to the ball, i believe we can still finish 8-8 or maybe even 9-7. If he cant and he costs us games, or if he cant and we have to replace him with a lesser talent back, i think its gonna be 6- 10 or 7-9.

Please Ahman.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had Green in Fantasy Football. I was praying on that run that his Hammy would not blow out before he got to the endzone.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will we ever see Ahman handling the ball 30-35 times a game anymore? Probably not, but if Morency and Herron can pick up the slack, I say Ahman will be able to flash the speed and power that he had two years ago before his injury. 100% back, I say yes, but I don't think we can expect him to carry the load.
One more note if the O-line can keep making the good blocks, then we will see more of Ahman breaking out into the open.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a hell of a stiff arm in the back field as well. They were running left, and either one of the DE's or LB's was there and he ran him over. I say Ahman is back. I think Morency looks quicker through the line though. Either way, I'm glad that we have both of them.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A week later I can now pretty much say that Green sure seems like he's back:

- 21 attempts for 106 yards and two TD's , Oh Yeah, I saw the bursts of speed at times too. Way to go Green !!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A week later I can now pretty much say that Green sure seems like he's back:

- 21 attempts for 106 yards and two TD's , Oh Yeah, I saw the bursts of speed at times too. Way to go Green !!!

Beautiful. I don't think it's a question any more. I thought after that 70 yard run last week, there was no question.

What's really cool is we have three backs that can get 100+ yards. I'm really starting to like this zone blocking thing. Now we're seeing it's paying off.

Members online

Latest posts