Is Grady Jackson still a Packer?

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was a free agent, but when checking the Packers.com roster - which is updated to the point where we have our draft picks on there - he is listed on the roster. Also, a couple weeks ago, on NFL.com it listed Grady as a free agent(although it also lists him as a DE so they are inaccurate) but today lists him as a Packer. If we resigned him, I'd be thrilled. Did I miss something or are the websites just wrong?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think he's a free agent. I say that because he's visited the Rams and I don't recall the Packers 'giving permission' for a trade with him. :shrug:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grady Jackson is still a packer because no one else has signed him, so he remains as a packer but he isnt and wont be on our team in 06.

He is a free agent that no one wants. So right now he is really on nobodys team.

OP
OP
B

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a shame. I still think he'd be awesome clogging up the middle of the line and I would love it if they threw a veteran's minimum at him just to get him out there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Grady Jackson is still a packer because no one else has signed him, so he remains as a packer but he isnt and wont be on our team in 06.

He is a free agent that no one wants. So right now he is really on nobodys team.

If he's a free agent, he is still a Packer? I don't understand. I thought a free agent was the same as unemployed??

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed bt_impaler...I think he could be a great situational player...goal line, obvious running downs, etc.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is unemployed, and as it gets closer to the begining of the season he will be taking off of our roster, because we havent resigned him. the only reason he is still on our roster is because no one else has signed him.

its kind of confusing but the point is he wont be on the field for anyone in 06 as it stands right now.

just listen to matt

It is the same thing with Todd Franz who is still on our roster it and we havent resigned him and we wont.

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason they keep showing him on the packers is because that was the last team he was on. Until he signs with another team or the season starts and he is a free agent then he will stay on that list. He is not a packer so don't think you'll see him on the field next year. The only way that woud happen is if we sign him again which i doubt.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grady Jackson is listed on the Packer roster just recently published in the Green Bay Press-Gazette. He is a Free Agent and had not been offered a contract by the Green Bay Packers nor any other team. He is unemployed until he gets a contract by NFL team willing to offer him a contract. Will the Packers offer Grady a contract? probably not!!!

Ryan Pickett was signed in the off season to replace Jackson at DT.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
Grady Jackson is listed on the Packer roster just recently published in the Green Bay Press-Gazette. He is a Free Agent and had not been offered a contract by the Green Bay Packers nor any other team. He is unemployed until he gets a contract by NFL team willing to offer him a contract. Will the Packers offer Grady a contract? probably not!!!

Ryan Pickett was signed in the off season to replace Jackson at DT.

Thank you for clearing that up! :)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Just because the web guy has not updated a page does not mean anything other than he has not updated the page.

Please do not start a Franz thread.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack can get him at a cheap price I wouldn't mind him still being on the team to block the run every once in a while. But, for that limited time he'd have to be cheap and no way he he accepts a limited playing time/low money offer.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hello? He is out of shape and fat and the Rams didn't want to sign him, why the hell should we sign him? Also he has behavioural problems.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The replacement Pickett seems to be a better run stopper and he can play every down. He is a good upgrade.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams lost both starting DT's in free agency and are desperate for some talent there. They put him on the scale and said "No".

I read he was 385 lbs when the Rams weighed him. He can't make the team. He is too slow. He can't lose 60 lbs by training camp.
Who would you cut to keep him? You can at best have 5 DT's
Pickett
Jenkins
Williams
Cole
Allen

Do you forget Grady storming Thompson's office at the begining of training camp last year??

It is over.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The is a new head coach in town in Green Bay. DT Donnell Washington report to Packer mini out of shape and too heavy. Washington skipped the Packer's off season workouts. He is now in the "doghouse" of Packer's first year Head Coach Mike McCarthy. Washington was not allowed to practice at this 1st Mini Camp .

Mike McCarthy said:

"All I know is he was not ready to go to this camp, It"s disappointing and he needs to get that corrected."

You can imagine the reception Grady Jackson would get in Green Bay, if he stepped on scale at his present weight. No. I don't think he will be signed by Packers who are now coached 1st year Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy.

OP
OP
B

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell the bigger the better with Grady. He doesn't have to play every down; just sign him to a veteran's minimum and put him in there. I felt like over the past two years, when he was in there playing, we were a much better defense. Why not put Grady and Picket side by side? Imagine teams trying to run against that. Last year we had some really impressive goal line stances and he was the reason.

I know Grady wanted more money and had some problems there, but he was an impact player when on the field. Cut Donnel Washington, that guy is a bust. When we drafted him, I was excited just because of his size, but he doesn't ever play low enough and gets blown off the ball. Grady, no matter how big, plays with his pads low and is a mountain to move. Pickett and him could suck up two blockers a piece, collapse the pocket, and allow Hawk and Barnett to fly to the ball.

Other than him *****ing for more money, I don't know what the problem was. He showed up, he played, and when he was on the field he gave 100%. We got the money. Why not?

OP
OP
B

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know everyone's high on Pickett, and yeah he had the most tackles for a DT last year, but why not throw Grady in there.

Plus, look at these stats from last year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/D ... rt_col_1=7

St. Louis ranked five spots worse than us on yards per game AND allowed 4.7 yards per carry versus our 4.0 yards per carry. Also, teams ran against us a lot because we were always behind and they were trying to run out the clock. St. Louis had a better record than us, therefore teams didn't probably try running out the clock against them as much as they did against us and still they let up more yards. Basically, what I'm saying is I don't know if Pickett's an upgrade. Grady swallows blockers, and we should get him back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts