• Nah..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time will tell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has had over 100 yards before halftime TWICE. Also, that o-line blows. you have whitticker committing a penalty every other play, and guys missing assignments...ugh.. its amazing he could get 70.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so but I'm not willing to put all my eggs in that basket yet. I hope his fumbles are just a part of his inexperience, because fumblitis has ruined many a promising career for RBs.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like him in a "2-headed backfeild", much like the the steelers have. As to that combo, I don't know who would be best with him. Green, Davenport, A draft pick?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think davenport has another year with us. We can use him (or trade him if someone wants his injury prone ***) in a committee style backfield. Gado & Najeh isn't a bad duo.

Just fix that line so they can do something

GreenNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see...Gado breaks John Brockington's rookie record by rushing over 150 yards for the game....Gado finished with 170....Lets see....Brockington's record stood for 30 years....Gado's record should last at least that long...okay...how many fumbles have been lost...One....that is it...We recovered the rest....So....where is the problem...This guy will be the feature back for along time...I just hope the packers realize it!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol vikefan.....something tells me you will be his biggest fan on Christmas day when you desperately need the Pack to knock off the bears.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the fumbling can be corrected. Think about the competition he has played against up until this year, the fact that he runs as hard as he does proves to me that he is tough.
Hammer

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
lol vikefan.....something tells me you will be his biggest fan on Christmas day when you desperately need the Pack to knock off the bears.
I will be wearing a Gado jersey....if one can be found. :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gado is a SHORT term answer. I noticed as the game wears on, he fatigues and becomes less effective.

Gado might be good trade bait for the Pack but I think seriously not too much more.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB drafted him in the 3rd round everyone would be saying that he is the real deal. By picking him up as a street FA I think it is fair to say that he needs to do this for the rest of the yr and again next season and then we will consider him the real deal. After all he doesn't even have a great collage career to point to.
Sometimes fairy tale dreams end all too soon

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Real Deal? Not sure. He does have talent and can improve on his ball handling and perhaps train to build stanima and endurance.

I would still draft a RB high.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's so raw - with his attitude one would think his work ethic would be good so that he developes into a very good, possibly even pro bowl type player. Playing 3rd string at a small college with that level of coaching there should be a tremendeous upside. Keeping my fingers crossed this is so because it would be like someone giving us an extra top draft pick.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Gado is a SHORT term answer. I noticed as the game wears on, he fatigues and becomes less effective.

Gado might be good trade bait for the Pack but I think seriously not too much more.

He's a rookie. If he trains hard in the offseason that shouldn't be a problem next year. I think he's worth more than you give him credit for.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the fact that Gado fights for yardage. He doesn't always get it, but the effort is always there. Down here in Arizona, high 2nd round pick J.J. Arrington for the Cardinals had a 4th and 2 yesterday that could have helped win the game if he converted, and he was falling to the ground even before he was about to get hit by Sean Taylor of the Redskins because he wanted to avoid the contact. What a wimp.

I'd rather have the undrafted free agent in Gado who at least has some heart and toughness, even though he might not have the speed and talent of Arrington who has attempted to avoid contact a few times this year during his rookie season.

I don't know if Gado is good enough to take the pounding of a featured back for a season. If he is great. If not, I'd still be very happy having him as a #2 RB if TT drafts a RB.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Samkon is the answer to the RB problem. He has improved so much these past few weeks that he looks like a different player. Last night, there were times that I actually thought "Oh my God, was that Ahman Green? :shock:". Physically, he has everything you want in a RB. Mentally, he is a very smart guy and is learning how to play well in the NFL at an incredible rate. His attitude and work ethic will make him a great player. Sure, he has a bit of a fumbling problem, but I believe he will fix that. He has a great coach to teach him. I have seen him and Edgar Bennett discussing things on the sidelines many times during the games. Edgar will mold Samkon into a great RB.

In short.... yeah, he's the real deal.

I think we should draft either Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk in the 1st round of next year's draft because I don't believe that we need a RB in the 1st round.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

Considering he is a rookie with not much actual football playing time stamina can be worked on in the offseason and as hard as he tries to accel he will come around I think. Every running back wears down but tend not to wear down as fast as the Defense and I thought he was alot more solid in the second half than the first anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts