Is Everyone Injured??!!

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packer-fan in Viking-land....I read the papers every day and expect that most everything I read will be skewed toward the enemy....but what I read today scared the hell out of me...
---------------------
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_6942301?nclick_check=1
Packers' injuries mounting:

A whopping 13 Green Bay players missed all or part of practice Wednesday. That's a discouraging development for the 2-0 Packers, who will try to prove their quick start is for real on Sunday against San Diego.

Among the Packers who did not practice were tight end Bubba Franks (knee), cornerback Al Harris (back), wide receiver Greg Jennings (hamstring), defensive lineman Corey Williams (ankle) and cornerback Charles Woodson (hip).

The list of players limited in practice included left tackle Chad Clifton (ankle), defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins (wrist), defensive lineman Aaron Kampman (rib) and running back Vernand Morency (knee).

----------------

Is this worth being anxious about? Kampman?? Clifton?? Harris AND Woodson??!! And now I read from another post on here that Jones is hurt too?!?!?!?!

Is it just going to be Brett and the practice squad out there on Sunday??? Should I plan to be drinking Jim Beam right from the bottle before the Chargers game to calm my nerves??

...or am I over-reacting to an inflated injury report...?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all of the people except for Morency and Jennings are just little injuries and are nothing and will play this sunday. Morency and Jennings might even be back this week who knows.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, it's inflated.

MM's philosophy since he came in last year has been to give the older veterans some extra time off when they're bruised or banged up.

For instance, Chuckwood and Ahman Green missed just about every Wednesday practice last season, and they both ended up playing all 16 I believe.

From that list I would only guess that GJ and Mo would be the only ones to worry about. Pretty sure James Jones is fine, too.

OP
OP
H

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good to hear....

The Pioneer Press makes it sound like Packer doomsday.

But they had a good bunch of articles about how the Vikings blew it against the Lions and how much their QB sucks.....so that was fun to read at least :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good to hear....

The Pioneer Press makes it sound like Packer doomsday.

But they had a good bunch of articles about how the Vikings blew it against the Lions and how much their QB sucks.....so that was fun to read at least :)
First.....welcome to the site Homer!
I think all teams have the little nagging injuries, so i'm not overly worried.
Plus, the papers have to write about SOMETHING, right? So they will run with whatever they have, no matter how small it might really be.
Hold off on the "Beam".......or Monday you will regret it! :lol:

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
yes, it's inflated.

MM's philosophy since he came in last year has been to give the older veterans some extra time off when they're bruised or banged up.

For instance, Chuckwood and Ahman Green missed just about every Wednesday practice last season, and they both ended up playing all 16 I believe.

From that list I would only guess that GJ and Mo would be the only ones to worry about. Pretty sure James Jones is fine, too.

I think Ahman might have missed two games, because i think both morency and herron had 100 yard games in his absence.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right-forgot about that. But hey, it was pretty much a year ago....

Regardless, I think that it's a great technique on MM's part to give the older guys some extra rest, and to occasionally do half-pads or shells (or whatever the lighter practices are called) on Wednesdays.

Members online

Latest posts