Is Eli the best road QB in the NFL?

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know A-rod is good and won on the road last year but it seems Eli just takes it to another level away from home...he is ruthless.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Good D's also travel well in the playoffs. This is a fact. It's why teams like the Ravens/Jets/Steelers often can win in the playoffs on the road. Last years Packers......the D was a huge part of the wins in Philly and Chicago. That was a strong D last year that for some reason was a shell of itself this season.

The Giants D travels well when it's clicking. They are a load to handle if you are a pass heavy offense.

I'll say this though. Don't underestimate the Niners. It will possibly be raining and raining hard Sunday. It is supposed to start raining Thursday. The field might be crap. The Giants will have to run the ball a bit more in this one maybe and that has been an inconsistency for the Giants at times. Eli is good in the elements though.

It also might be drizzly and dreary in NE Sunday.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good D's also travel well in the playoffs. This is a fact. It's why teams like the Ravens/Jets/Steelers often can win in the playoffs on the road. Last years Packers......the D was a huge part of the wins in Philly and Chicago. That was a strong D last year that for some reason was a shell of itself this season.

The Giants D travels well when it's clicking. They are a load to handle if you are a pass heavy offense.

I'll say this though. Don't underestimate the Niners. It will possibly be raining and raining hard Sunday. It is supposed to start raining Thursday. The field might be crap. The Giants will have to run the ball a bit more in this one maybe and that has been an inconsistency for the Giants at times. Eli is good in the elements though.

It also might be drizzly and dreary in NE Sunday.

no way the giants can underestimate the niners...the giants are playing a much more physical football team, and to be honest a much more well rounded team sunday then the packers...not to mention better coached...this niner team is tough....giants will not have their way with that defense like they did the packers and to be honest the niners pose issues on offense too..they are not as predictable as the packers imo.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli has beaten Brady, Favre and Rodgers in Away games. His playoff history is looking better than his brother's at this point i think..

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
no way the giants can underestimate the niners...the giants are playing a much more physical football team, and to be honest a much more well rounded team sunday then the packers...not to mention better coached...this niner team is tough....giants will not have their way with that defense like they did the packers and to be honest the niners pose issues on offense too..they are not as predictable as the packers imo.

Honestly it's the Giants SB to lose and you and I both know this right now. They can play ugly or pretty. Thats dangerous. When you can win ugly or pretty you are tough to beat.. They might have to win ugly in SF though.

The Giants remind me a bit of the 2006 Colts in some ways. The D is gelling at the right time due to health and the offense has the weapons AND can run the ball if needed.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly it's the Giants SB to lose and you and I both know this right now. They can play ugly or pretty. Thats dangerous. When you can win ugly or pretty you are tough to beat.. They might have to win ugly in SF though.

The Giants remind me a bit of the 2006 Colts in some ways. The D is gelling at the right time due to health and the offense has the weapons AND can run the ball if needed.
i wish i was as confident as you lol..but the niners are just a miserable team who can play ugly too..it will be a physcial game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Eli has beaten Brady, Favre and Rodgers in Away games. His playoff history is looking better than his brother's at this point i think..

Sad but true. It is. However the Colts were always too soft in so many years. It was not just on Peyton. The one year the Colts became a team who could win both ugly and pretty they won a title.

Peyton really has one win over an elite QB in the playoffs and it's Brady in a title game. But, that might be the best game I ever saw in my life.

Peyton said once years ago I think that Eli was underrated and may end up with several SB titles. I laughed at the time but now I am not laughing. Peyton is 100% supportive of Eli.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also do not want to see brady again...giants have their number lately that doesnt boad well.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
i wish i was as confident as you lol..but the niners are just a miserable team who can play ugly too..it will be a physcial game.

Not like I am going to put money on any games left or anything lol. You are right though, the Niners can play ugly too.

Suggs said the other day the Pats were pretty and the Ravens were not. He is trying to hype up the pretty vs. ugly scenario I think for the title game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
i also do not want to see brady again...giants have their number lately that doesnt boad well.

Worry about this weekend first. The Giants are a matchup nightmare for NE though it always seems. Like the Chargers are for the Colts.

It would be a great SB if it's Pats/Giants. I have no clue on the other SB scenarios.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to laugh when the Giants lose to San Francisco and the whole "myth of Eli Manning" finally ends.
that last post just showed how ignorant of a football fan you are....please stick to all things packers...leave the football talk to people who watch other games besides the packers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how often do both road teams win in the title games?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that last post just showed how ignorant of a football fan you are....please stick to all things packers...leave the football talk to people who watch other games besides the packers.

HAHAHAHAHA... If Eli Manning is so great why doesn't come up on list of top quarterbacks or get any type of hype outside of New York? Why do his teams constantly go 9-7? Why is his coach always on the hot seat?

Why don't you stick to your fantasy world where Eli Manning a great quarterback.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go to ESPN and read any Bill Simmons article or John Clayton article. People who forgot more about football than you'll ever know roast Eli Manning weekly.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go to ESPN and read any Bill Simmons article or John Clayton article. People who forgot more about football than you'll ever know roast Eli Manning weekly.
sorry i form my own opinions on players..you should try the same...go quote some more ESPN people..what a joke

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA... If Eli Manning is so great why doesn't come up on list of top quarterbacks or get any type of hype outside of New York? Why do his teams constantly go 9-7? Why is his coach always on the hot seat?

Why don't you stick to your fantasy world where Eli Manning a great quarterback.
I think there was no doubt who the better qb sunday was..lol

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry i form my own opinions on players..you should try the same...go quote some more ESPN people..what a joke

I'm sure your opinion is worth more than people who follow and write about football for a living.

I'd also like to point out that I did state m own opinion in the first post. My opinion is that Eli Manning is an average quarterback. I stated my opinion and you attacked me.

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure your opinion is worth more than people who follow and write about football for a living.

I'd also like to point out that I did state m own opinion in the first post. My opinion is that Eli Manning is an average quarterback. I stated my opinion and you attacked me.
also would like to add the reason TC is always on the hot seat and Eli at times is because NY expects a lot form their athletes...NY is a pressure cooker...We saw how favre did in NY..Id love to see MR Rodgers would fair after playing like he did sunday if he played in a real city...............lmao

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also would like to add the reason TC is always on the hot seat and Eli at times is because NY expects a lot form their athletes...NY is a pressure cooker...We saw how favre did in NY..Id love to see MR Rodgers would fair after playing like he did sunday if he played in a real city...............lmao

So Eli is better because he gets criticized by the New York media? If that's the case, Mark Sanchez is the MVP!.... *****

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts