Is Dujuan Harris flying under the radar as a huge running threat?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Will Harris emerge as a “huge running threat”? That’s unlikely and unnecessary. Partially unlikely because, as AmishMafia noted, if Thompson, McCarthy and their staffs thought so, they certainly wouldn’t have spent valuable picks on two RBs. I don’t think Harris is too small to be the workhorse, but my guess is that job is likely Lacy’s to lose. Unnecessary because they just need the credible threat of a consistent running game (along with McCarthy’s determination to use it when Ds “dare” him to).

I agree judgments shouldn’t be made about players based solely upon his height and weight but as others have mentioned, the analogy to Sanders is completely misplaced. Sanders’ style and talent was unique and it is no knock on Harris to say it was wholly unlike that of Harris. But Oshkoshpackfan his cut backs weren’t literally ‘ankle breakers’ or ankles would have been broken. ;)

BTW, before the disastrous 1989 draft, I remember being mostly upset the Packers won a meaningless game at the end of the season to lose the “Aikman bowl” – I was really hoping they’d fill the need for a QB. But it wasn’t only Sanders they passed on by taking the steroid king. Along with Aikman before the Packers picked second in that draft, three hall-of-famers were selected in succession: Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Deion Sanders.

Why spend a ton on talented backs? Because of the adjustments Ds around the league made from 2011 to 2012. Ds resolved to take the deep ball away and saw no need to bring a safety up to support their run D. Why spend on talented backs? Because if they are truly talented they help make the offense and the passing game even more prolific.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
TJV, lol....I made mention of sanders ankle breaking cut skills only because I do remember reading in a long ago issue of sports illustrated that he did make a defender miss and the guy came up with a serious "sprain"...lol...not a break, but damn close imo...

I don't think that TT or MM drafted 2 damn fine college RB's with the idea that they don't have faith in Harris. Remember how bad our injury bug has been in the recent past. The two drafted guys may just be an insurance policy of sorts. Plus I think that with Harris, Lacy, Franklin now in the mix of things we may just be getting ready to lighten the load of RB's by dropping starks and green....??...maybe??

Members online

Latest posts