Is Carlos Rogers out for Sunday?????

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ignoring the division opponents at all, so the Niners played 6 top 10 run defenses (YPC ) while the Packers faced 5.

On the other hand the Packers played against three teams in the bottom 10 in the league while the Niners played 4.

So I don't understand why anybody would think the Packers played worse run defenses than the Niners.
that's fair. the Packer's run game is more impressive than I originally thought (now that I am looking closer at the stats). I still think it is hard to say that the 49ers running game is "worse."

I will also add that, while I haven't watched a lot of Packers games this year I would imagine teams tend to scheme against the pass, where as against the 49ers they've stacked the box all year long. Hell, the Packers sold out to the run completely and that's why Kaepernick threw for 400 against them.

With that said, we can't dismiss their run defense completely. Clay Matthews and Jolly are both very stout threats in the trenches.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will also add that, while I haven't watched a lot of Packers games this year I would imagine teams tend to scheme against the pass, where as against the 49ers they've stacked the box all year long. Hell, the Packers sold out to the run completely and that's why Kaepernick threw for 400 against them.

With that said, we can't dismiss their run defense completely. Clay Matthews and Jolly are both very stout threats in the trenches.
i imagine they saw a lot of 8 man fronts when Rodgers was out....

D

Deleted member 6794

I will also add that, while I haven't watched a lot of Packers games this year I would imagine teams tend to scheme against the pass, where as against the 49ers they've stacked the box all year long.

Do you realize Rodgers was out for half the season??? Defenses stacked the box vs. the Packers as well once they had Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn at QB.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very true we did face a stacked box for the majority of the season as the run game was really our only weapon, had no qb for seven games, and came out with only 80 less rushing yards, and over 1000 more passing yards...here is an interesting stat for the people preaching defense.. GB has 6 more sacks then 49ers on the year.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the 49ers are the clearly better team on a neutral field. But I think the cold weather will prove decisive. Rodgers is an experienced and effective cold weather quarterback while we don't know how Kaep will perform. I expect the 49ers to be forced to play a one dimensional game on Offense, while the Packers will manage a much more balanced attack. Green Bay 24-14.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im having a hard time understand how everyone is picking the pack to lose.. Well the so called "experts" are...Kaep has only thrown 4 more TDs then Rodgers, and he had a full season. Lacy has played better then Frank gore, and Jordy has out performed boldin. All I hear is about how the 49ers are a power running team. Our running game is better, our QB did in half a season what theirs took an entire season to do, and we have more offensive weapons... I know im biased and hungry for revenge, but those are the facts.

Curious how the GB rush attack was better than the 49ers when the 49ers had more yards, more yards per game and more touchdowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curious how the GB rush attack was better than the 49ers when the 49ers had more yards, more yards per game and more touchdowns.

your stats are wrong. GB had 46 TDs, with a hobbled team, to the niners 44...GB had 80 less rushing yards..and over 1000 more passing yards without the best QB in the league for SEVEN games...

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your stats are wrong. GB had 46 TDs, with a hobbled team, to the niners 44...GB had 80 less rushing yards..and over 1000 more passing yards without the best QB in the league for SEVEN games...
49ers had more rushing TDs is what he was saying...

regarding this whole "more sacks" thing... the 49ers send 5 or more pass rushers the least amount of any team. They rarely blitz. So, the 49ers are actually more successful and getting to the QB

this article was released today to detail this:
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3913/will-49ers-continue-to-blitz-rodgers

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that just stretching to make yourself feel better lol..whatever it takes.
how is a team that only sends 4 pass rushers not a valid stat when analyzing # of sacks? also, if you want to say Matthews was out 4 games, the 49ers can say the same about Aldon Smith..

Look, the 49ers are the 11th overall most efficient defense.. Packers are 29th

49ers are the 14th most efficient pass rushing defense... the Packers are 30th.. end of story

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can look at those stats all you want, but it doesn't change the truth of the fact that you played seattle twice who doesn't throw the ball and has no real wide receivers, arizona twice who throws as many INTs as completions, and the rams who arent even sure what a football is. The defensive stats arent too far off from each other when you look at them on paper, along with GB being way more of an offensive threat it's not anywhere near as cocky as the average 49er fan makes it out to be. You can look at individual stats here and not some random site.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=sf
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=gb

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can look at those stats all you want, but it doesn't change the truth of the fact that you played seattle twice who doesn't throw the ball and has no real wide receivers, arizona twice who throws as many INTs as completions, and the rams who arent even sure what a football is. The defensive stats arent too far off from each other when you look at them on paper, along with GB being way more of an offensive threat it's not anywhere near as cocky as the average 49er fan makes it out to be. You can look at individual stats here and not some random site.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=sf
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=gb
some random site? you've never heard of football outsiders?? that site I am using takes the opponent's stats and efficiency into consideration-- so apparently the 49ers faced tougher opponents than the Packers this season... you play in the NFC North, don't try and downplay the NFC West, you look ignorant

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not down playing it. Those are facts. Seattle does not throw much nor do they have a real WR on their team besides Harvin. Carson Palmer throws a TON of interceptions, and the rams are the rams. That's called being informed... The opposite of ignorant.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to NFL.com packers rushed for 2136 yards with 17 touchdowns. 49ers ran for 2201 yards 18 touchdowns. So you're sayig nfl.com is wrong

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
According to NFL.com packers rushed for 2136 yards with 17 touchdowns. 49ers ran for 2201 yards 18 touchdowns. So you're sayig nfl.com is wrong

Your stats are what I have for rushing

Packers 6th place in Passing 4268- -25 tds
Niners 30th place in passing 2979 --21 tds

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing in my post was wrong... Are you talking about the 80 less rushing yards? That was a guess.. its actaully 65.

Members online

Latest posts