Is Carlos Rogers out for Sunday?????

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Because the 49ers offense isn't going against the Packers offense. The 49ers offense is going against the Packers defense-- which is just plain bad. Meanwhile, the Packers offense is playing the 49ers defense-- which is good.

Also, I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that the Packers running game is better than the 49ers. Just because you guys have a better running game this season than in years past, doesn't mean your running game is the top in the NFL.

I could seriously put up with all these visitors talking up a big game if they`d actually won the big one last year, hell, after you beat us in the playoffs I actually said I wished them luck in the Superbowl but now, I`d actually prefer the Bears or Vikings to win the damn thing, anybody but the 49ers.
We`ve been beaten several times this season, and not seen any other fans on the forum, but you lot are unbelievable.
I had the misfortune to see the 49ers play at Wembley a few years ago when Singletary was in charge and didn`t like them then, but now I hate them with a passion. WHEN you win a Superbowl, then and only then will I POSSIBLY change my opinion, although I wouldn`t bet on it.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the 49ers offense isn't going against the Packers offense. The 49ers offense is going against the Packers defense-- which is just plain bad. Meanwhile, the Packers offense is playing the 49ers defense-- which is good.

Also, I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that the Packers running game is better than the 49ers. Just because you guys have a better running
game this season than in years past, doesn't mean your running game is the top in the NFL.

He's saying that our running team is better now then yours now. It doesn't matter about the past it matters in the present. And our running game is better then yours this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

No, it's not.

Lacy has the benefit of playing terrible defenses in the NFC North. Gore had to face Arizona twice, Seattle twice, the Rams D twice...

And even after all that, they had the same numbers..

We played 9 games vs. run defenses ranked in the top half of the league.

BTW Detroit's run defense was better than the Rams and Seahawks in 2013.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could seriously put up with all these visitors talking up a big game if they`d actually won the big one last year, hell, after you beat us in the playoffs I actually said I wished them luck in the Superbowl but now, I`d actually prefer the Bears or Vikings to win the damn thing, anybody but the 49ers.
We`ve been beaten several times this season, and not seen any other fans on the forum, but you lot are unbelievable.
I had the misfortune to see the 49ers play at Wembley a few years ago when Singletary was in charge and didn`t like them then, but now I hate them with a passion. WHEN you win a Superbowl, then and only then will I POSSIBLY change my opinion, although I wouldn`t bet on it.
how was my post offensive?? it's common knowledge that the 49ers have a good D and the Packers don't-- especially with the injuries to Matthews and Jolly

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy also played less due to a concussion, and leaving with a hobbled ankle, and they still have the same stats.

Through weeks 2 to 13 I think it was.. Kaep had the worst QBR in the league, and has only thrown for over 200yds 5 times since the packers game. Anyone who has watched him play can see that something has changed in his game. I Just hope it stays that way.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We played 9 games vs. run defenses ranked in the top half of the league.

BTW Detroit's run defense was better than the Rams and Seahawks in 2013.
you are looking at pure yards. Detroit gave up 4.2 yards per attempt (ranking 20th in the league)

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im having a hard time understand how everyone is picking the pack to lose.. Well the so called "experts" are...Kaep has only thrown 4 more TDs then Rodgers, and he had a full season. Lacy has played better then Frank gore, and Jordy has out performed boldin. All I hear is about how the 49ers are a power running team. Our running game is better, our QB did in half a season what theirs took an entire season to do, and we have more offensive weapons... I know im biased and hungry for revenge, but those are the facts.

Nobody has ever said Kaepernick is comparable to Rodgers. But Kaepernick's numbers are actually very good when you consider the 49ers are a run first offense. Total yards and total TD's are largely a function of the number of attempts. Kaepernick is dead last in passing attempts per game, yet he's middle of the pack in total touchdowns, and he's 8th in the league in Yards Per Attempt. That's for the whole season. His passing has gotten much better since Crabtree came back.

last year 182 yards rushing (-1 victory kneel down), and this year over 400 yards and 3 TD passing.

Unfortunately I don't think Mike McCarthy dismisses Kaepernick the way you do.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Through weeks 2 to 13 I think it was.. Kaep had the worst QBR in the league, and has only thrown for over 200yds 5 times since the packers game. Anyone who has watched him play can see that something has changed in his game. I Just hope it stays that way.
that's just not true.
Kap had back-to-back 99 QBR performances in Week 7 and 8... the 1st QB to ever do so.. He finished 7th on the season (6th if you exclude McCown)

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody has ever said Kaepernick is comparable to Rodgers. But Kaepernick's numbers are actually very good when you consider the 49ers are a run first offense. Total yards and total TD's are largely a function of the number of attempts. Kaepernick is dead last in passing attempts per game, yet he's middle of the pack in total touchdowns, and he's 8th in the league in Yards Per Attempt. That's for the whole season. His passing has gotten much better since Crabtree came back.

last year 182 yards rushing (-1 victory kneel down), and this year over 400 yards and 3 TD passing.

Unfortunately I don't think Mike McCarthy dismisses Kaepernick the way you do.
---------------
For a run first team their numbers are BAD though. That's why I don't understand why the packers can't get any love. We run better AND throw better. Our run D was top 6 in the league for 2 months, and our CBs are starting to heat up.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
---------------
For a run first team their numbers are BAD though. That's why I don't understand why the packers can't get any love. We run better AND throw better. Our run D was top 6 in the league for 2 months, and our CBs are starting to heat up.
you are missing two key starters in the front 7.. that will hurt.

but, again, you're missing the point. its Packer's O vs. 49ers D 49ers O vs. Packers D

Rodgers and his WR corps can certainly put up yards and points, it will be up to him to score at least 24 points to even make this game interesting-- which he is obviously capable of doing

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obviously Rodgers outclasses Kap as a QB. Obviously the Packers have a more potent offense. But that doesn't mean anything. The 49ers match up better than the packers

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
---------------

In what way are the numbers bad? How on earth do you conclude the Packers' offense gets no love, especially with Aaron Rodgers back?

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to score to win a game. Yards matter. But the pack aren't nearly as pass happy as they once were. They are more dedicated to the run then they have ever been, but you just seem to want to ignore facts.

D

Deleted member 6794

you are looking at pure yards. Detroit gave up 4.2 yards per attempt (ranking 20th in the league)

Well, so let's a look at yards per attempt:

Outside of the division the Niners didn't face another top 10 defense this year, but five ranked lower than 22nd.

The Packers on the other hand played five top 9 run defenses.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to score to win a game. Yards matter. But the pack aren't nearly as pass happy as they once were. They are more dedicated to the run then they have ever been, but you just seem to want to ignore facts.
"you have to score to win a game" -- yeah Kaepernick won 12 games. he scored enough in 12 games.

i'm well aware of the resurgence of the run game in Green Bay. no one is ignoring the vaunted Packers O.

you are just cherrypicking stats to make it seem like the match up is favorable to the Packers. i am, along with most expert analysts, know that the 49ers are a deeper team than the Packers and odds are the 49ers will win Sunday

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because if they are a "dominant" run first offense, they shouldn't be anywhere near comparable to a pass first offense. I would consider that bad if you consider yourself a run first offense, and still have lower rushing numbers then a pass first offense.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, so let's a look at yards per attempt:

Outside of the division the Niners didn't face another top 10 defense this year, but five ranked lower than 22nd.

The Packers on the other hand played five top 9 run defenses.

First of all you're wrong, and why does it matter if they're outside of the division? They still had to play them.

Seattle #1 - twice
Carolina #2 - (outside the division)
New Orleans #4 (outside the division)
Arizona #6 twice
Houston #7 (outside the division)

That's 7 games against Top 10 defenses. 3 games against Top 2 defenses.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because if they are a "dominant" run first offense, they shouldn't be anywhere near comparable to a pass first offense. I would consider that bad if you consider yourself a run first offense, and still have lower rushing numbers then a pass first offense.
they don't have lower rushing numbers. the 49ers are 3rd in rushing yards while the Packers are 7th

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all you're wrong, and why does it matter if they're outside of the division? They still had to play them.

Seattle #1 - twice
Carolina #2 - (outside the division)
New Orleans #4 (outside the division)
Arizona #6 twice
Houston #7 (outside the division)

That's 7 games against Top 10 defenses. 3 games against Top 2 defenses.
he's looking at the rankings of defenses for rushing yards per attempt

either way, it is hilarious that he ignores the 49ers divisional opponents. the 49ers still faced more top ten teams in rushing yards defensed per attempt than the packers

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The 49ers are 3rd in the league in rushing yards. Or is it that you want to have it both ways, yards per attempt rushing, but total yards passing?

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers are 3rd in the league in rushing yards. Or is it that you want to have it both ways, yards per attempt rushing, but total yards passing?
the only reason this yards per attempt got brought up is because he was trying to say that the Lions are good rushing defense, which is a joke because teams get baited into throwing matches against Stafford and Calvin Johnson.. plus, the Lions secondary is awful so it would make sense to abandon the run and attack the top of the D

D

Deleted member 6794

either way, it is hilarious that he ignores the 49ers divisional opponents. the 49ers still faced more top ten teams in rushing yards defensed per attempt than the packers

I'm not ignoring the division opponents at all, so the Niners played 6 top 10 run defenses (YPC ) while the Packers faced 5.

On the other hand the Packers played against three teams in the bottom 10 in the league while the Niners played 4.

So I don't understand why anybody would think the Packers played worse run defenses than the Niners.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ignoring the division opponents at all, so the Niners played 6 top 10 run defenses (YPC ) while the Packers faced 5.

On the other hand the Packers played against three teams in the bottom 10 in the league while the Niners played 4.

So I don't understand why anybody would think the Packers played worse run defenses than the Niners.
that's fair. the Packer's run game is more impressive than I originally thought (now that I am looking closer at the stats). I still think it is hard to say that the 49ers running game is "worse."

Members online

Latest posts