Is Carlos Rogers out for Sunday?????

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the NFL injury god may be shining some favor on us for once. Our receivers' jobs may have just gotten a little bit easier.

EDIT: supposed to be a question mark at end of topic

Weadoption

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers has been the weak link past 2 games to be honest.
Like all games really, this one comes down to protecting the football and the ground game .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rogers has been the weak link past 2 games to be honest.
Like all games really, this one comes down to protecting the football and the ground game .

Last game he had one int that didnt led to points..

He threw 3 tds however

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly would like to see MM turn Rodgers loose and come out in 4 wr sets to start the game and make San Francisco defend on the backend. They have looked suspect the past couple of weeks vs the pass. With them missing a starting corner this works in our favor because you have two backups trying to defend Cobb and Boykin. We need to take advantage of EVERY weakspot in their defense to help our defense by maintaining drives and scoring points.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I honestly would like to see MM turn Rodgers loose and come out in 4 wr sets to start the game and make San Francisco defend on the backend. They have looked suspect the past couple of weeks vs the pass. With them missing a starting corner this works in our favor because you have two backups trying to defend Cobb and Boykin. We need to take advantage of EVERY weakspot in their defense to help our defense by maintaining drives and scoring points.
Boykin over Quarles? Or Quarles over Lacey with Cobb out of the backfield?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boykin over Quarles? Or Quarles over Lacey with Cobb out of the backfield?

Either of those ways work. Now if you come out 4 wide i'd prefer Cobb, Nelson, Jones, and Boykin however. Quarless has been solid but Boykin is better. You can leave Lacy or Starks in the backfield and run some draw plays to at least keep them honest in the run game..or you could throw in sme of those smoke screens to the wr's to substitute as some sorta run game as our wr's do a good job picking up YAC. You also have extra db's on the field trying to tackle Lacy or Starks as well even if you do run the ball.

MM can't let Fangio and Harbaugh dictate what we do on offense. MM has to be agressive and creative in his playcalling and take the fight to them in OUR place. If it aint broke don't fix it..but if it's broke don't keep running it. He falls in love with the same plays sometimes even when it's not working. For instance, he called that toss sweep about 9 times last game... I think it worked maybe three times. You don't call a toss sweep on third and 2 when it's failed the previous couple times you tried to run it. Be creative. If you are going to call the toss sweep a dozen times you have a dynamic player in Cobb who is very capable of gaining yards on that play so mix it up. Now you have db's creeping up and with Cobb being a former qb maybe Nelson or Jones gets behind coverage and you have the option for Cobb to throw the ball for a touchdown or big gainer. Simple. It's not a gadget play, it's making the defense respect the fact that they have to defend..EVERYTHING. What happened to the middle screen to Starks? havn't seen MM run that since the Dallas game where it went for a touchdown. With an aggressive defense like San francisco theres a difference between coaching smart and then being conservative. If you coach scared tho you are going to get beat plain and simple. You have the best qb in football so cut that m'fer loose!

D

Deleted member 6794

I think the Niners will be able to replace Rogers on the outside with Tarell Brown and Tramaine Brock without missing a beat.

Different story in the slot though as I would like to see what Cobb can do being covered by Eric Wright.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Niners will be able to replace Rogers on the outside with Tarell Brown and Tramaine Brock without missing a beat.

Different story in the slot though as I would like to see what Cobb can do being covered by Eric Wright.

You must be kidding me if you think Eric Wright can handle the versatile Randall Cobb. Wright might be able to cover but he won't be able to cover Cobb. If he does cover Cobb don't forget we still have Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarret Boykin, and Andrew Quarless so you won't be able to handle our offense. Oh yeah don't forget we have our one two punch combo in the backfield with Eddie Lacy and James Starks and we have arguably the best QB in the league. So the packers will dominate and show wassup.

D

Deleted member 6794

You must be kidding me if you think Eric Wright can handle the versatile Randall Cobb. Wright might be able to cover but he won't be able to cover Cobb. If he does cover Cobb don't forget we still have Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jarret Boykin, and Andrew Quarless so you won't be able to handle our offense. Oh yeah don't forget we have our one two punch combo in the backfield with Eddie Lacy and James Starks and we have arguably the best QB in the league. So the packers will dominate and show wassup.

Relax!!! First of all I'm a Packers fan as well, that doesn't mean I know nothing about our opponents.

Furthermore you should better read my post. I said I'm looking forward to what Cobb will be able to do if he's covered by Wright.

But just because you don't have any idea about the Niners secondary that doesn't mean they'll have a problem because one of their CBs won't be able to play as they have two other pretty good corners.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if hes not out, their secondary isnt strong enough to stop all of our weapons at this point. I'd rather him not be there, but if he is, that's just fine :)

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im having a hard time understand how everyone is picking the pack to lose.. Well the so called "experts" are...Kaep has only thrown 4 more TDs then Rodgers, and he had a full season. Lacy has played better then Frank gore, and Jordy has out performed boldin. All I hear is about how the 49ers are a power running team. Our running game is better, our QB did in half a season what theirs took an entire season to do, and we have more offensive weapons... I know im biased and hungry for revenge, but those are the facts.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im having a hard time understand how everyone is picking the pack to lose.. Well the so called "experts" are...Kaep has only thrown 4 more TDs then Rodgers, and he had a full season. Lacy has played better then Frank gore, and Jordy has out performed boldin. All I hear is about how the 49ers are a power running team. Our running game is better, our QB did in half a season what theirs took an entire season to do, and we have more offensive weapons... I know im biased and hungry for revenge, but those are the facts.
Because the 49ers offense isn't going against the Packers offense. The 49ers offense is going against the Packers defense-- which is just plain bad. Meanwhile, the Packers offense is playing the 49ers defense-- which is good.

Also, I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that the Packers running game is better than the 49ers. Just because you guys have a better running game this season than in years past, doesn't mean your running game is the top in the NFL.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're forgetting about the defense though. While the Niners have one of the best in the league the Packers have had troubles stopping anybody.

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy has out performed Gore this year, that's pretty cut and dry. And our running game does rank near the top of the NFL....

PackFANforlife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the defense comparison, but we have never had a problem putting up points against that D. I think alshon jeffry and brandon marshall are harder to defend then boldin / vernon davis will be.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I feel you brother i do but heres another fact. Kap threw for 412 yds and 3 tds the first game and had a QBR of 129.4 (outplayed Rodgers which is hard to do). The playoff game he ran for over 200 yds on us...a QB did that. MM is 0-3 against Harbaugh...so i can understand why we are the underdogs even at home. The Packers need to take this game as pesonal as they did the Bears game because frankly the niners have owned us. Defense has got to show up, theres really no other way to put it.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy has out performed Gore this year, that's pretty cut and dry. And our running game does rank near the top of the NFL....
No, it's not.

Lacy has the benefit of playing terrible defenses in the NFC North. Gore had to face Arizona twice, Seattle twice, the Rams D twice...

And even after all that, they had the same numbers..

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the defense comparison, but we have never had a problem putting up points against that D. I think alshon jeffry and brandon marshall are harder to defend then boldin / vernon davis will be.
it's Boldin/Crabtree/Vernon Davis... that's 3 #1 targets