Is anyone actually afraid of the Vikings?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mad? Who's mad. Just pointing out that Cousins isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be in prime time games. Any QB that has a defense that gives up almost 31 ppg is in for a lot of losses. As a Packer fan over the last 10 years, you should have that figured out by now. It's not Rodgers and the Offense holding the Packers back, it's been their crappy defense. That's why players like Mahommes and Goff are coming down to earth. There is now enough film on them to see their tendencies and they have crappy defenses. But then, people still think that the Patriots have 6 rings solely because of Brady.
I agree with you on Cousins. When he is hot; he can beat anybody. And he has receivers and a running back or two. To say a player just is not good in big games...I don't buy it. Such a generalization. Backed up by stats that don't mean anything. e.g., he is 4 and 12 in Monday night games played in 40 degree weather or colder and he came off a bye week when the mean temperature in Illinois was 22 degrees and 3 sets of twins were delivered in Omaha the night before.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on Cousins. When he is hot; he can beat anybody. And he has receivers and a running back or two. To say a player just is not good in big games...I don't buy it. Such a generalization. Backed up by stats that don't mean anything. e.g., he is 4 and 12 in Monday night games played in 40 degree weather or colder and he came off a bye week when the mean temperature in Illinois was 22 degrees and 3 sets of twins were delivered in Omaha the night before.
You can say that again..

but I wish you wouldn’t.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was.... You just don't get that "feeling" like they're actually going to do anything lol

Same with the Twins....the Wild....the Wolves ....lol

At least (some) of the women are nice in that state bc the winters and food are also TERRIBLE

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little scared of the Vikings. I'm more scared of heights and circus clowns though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Afraid of the Vikes in Lambeau Field? No, and obviously our week 2 win shows they're incapable of winning here when Rodgers and the offense are hitting on all cylinders.

The Packers having beaten the Vikings at home in week 2 doesn't mean they would win in the playoffs at Lambeau as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well considering how bad Cousins is in big games and winless in his one playoff appearance, I'd take our odds big time.

While I would like the Packers chances to beat the Vikings in the playoffs at Lambeau you're fooling yourself if you don't consider them to be a tough matchup.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Kubiac can elevate cousins enough to consistently play well against good competition, yes. They clearly have the talent to shred Pettine's checkers defensive scheme

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to get a big 2 game lead on these suckers this Sunday. I can feel it!!

Homecoming at Lambeau and Aaron Jones is jumping up and down to go off on the Panthers

Kirk the choker Cousins never ever wins in Dallas, and on Sunday night football ohhh man he's going to get beaten around back there just like he was against KC. Vikes fans will call for him to get benched after this one.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to get a big 2 game lead on these suckers this Sunday. I can feel it!!

Homecoming at Lambeau and Aaron Jones is jumping up and down to go off on the Panthers

Kirk the choker Cousins never ever wins in Dallas, and on Sunday night football ohhh man he's going to get beaten around back there just like he was against KC. Vikes fans will call for him to get benched after this one.
never say never

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee you the Cowboys will be raining down fire on his head in D-TOWN this Sunday night
dallas has a very good D line. And getting Bennett only made it stronger. But minihaha is better than the Giants. Tough to root for dallas anytime. But better for us if mini loses.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
After watching the Pack on Sunday, with what they're capable of ... I'm scared of everyone.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I am not afraid of them. Cousins is not the kind of QB who can continue his hot streak indefinitely. He will revert to form soon.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Packers have nothing on the top 5 or 6 teams in the nfc...especially with the current scheme of the D. we've seen several games in a row that are concerning from that side of the ball. the O was looking much better but took a major step backwards after revisiting the 2016 playbook on sunday. fans should be afraid of the Packers playing any of them.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
the Packers have nothing on the top 5 or 6 teams in the nfc...especially with the current scheme of the D. we've seen several games in a row that are concerning from that side of the ball. the O was looking much better but took a major step backwards after revisiting the 2016 playbook on sunday. fans should be afraid of the Packers playing any of them.

The top 6 teams in the NFC, aside from the Packers are probably the Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Vikings, Cowboys, and Panthers.

The Packers have beaten two of these teams and have as good or better records than four of them.

So in other words, you're talking nonsense.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The top 6 teams in the NFC, aside from the Packers are probably the Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Vikings, Cowboys, and Panthers.

The Packers have beaten two of these teams and have as good or better records than four of them.

And the two teams we lost to made the playoffs last year.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

it's the any given sunday thing. the saints and 9'ers are in a notch above the others though. the teams in the second group are flawed. some trending up, some trending down. there's a lot of football yet to play.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
it's the any given sunday thing. the saints and 9'ers are in a notch above the others though. the teams in the second group are flawed. some trending up, some trending down. there's a lot of football yet to play.

Lol. It's "any given Sunday" and yet the Packers, who have beaten two of those teams on "given Sundays," "have nothing" on any of them.

This is remarkably incoherent. Let's just call a tantrum a tantrum and move on.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. It's "any given Sunday" and yet the Packers, who have beaten two of those teams on "given Sundays," "have nothing" on any of them.

This is remarkably incoherent. Let's just call a tantrum a tantrum and move on.
when i say "have nothing" on those teams i'm talking about talent, coaching, momentum, etc. not W's in the standings. they're all about the same (except sf and no). also wouldn't put the panthers in that group. rams before them...even phi. don't know what your tantrum thing is about and i'm sorry you're having comprehension issues this morning. ;)

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
when i say "have nothing" on those teams i'm talking about talent, coaching, momentum, etc. not W's in the standings. they're all about the same (except sf and no). also wouldn't put the panthers in that group. rams before them...even phi. don't know what your tantrum thing is about and i'm sorry you're having comprehension issues this morning. ;)

So they achieved a 7-2 record and have beaten two of those teams despite "having nothing" on their "talent" and "coaching?" That's quite the take.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So they achieved a 7-2 record and have beaten two of those teams despite "having nothing" on their "talent" and "coaching?" That's quite the take.
all totaled...no. the second tier teams (Packers, seahawks, cowboys, vikings, rams, eagles) are pretty much equals at this point. one could beat another on any given sunday. there's a lot of time for teams to make moves though. imo

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
all totaled...no. the second tier teams (Packers, seahawks, cowboys, vikings, rams, eagles) are pretty much equals at this point. one could beat another on any given sunday. there's a lot of time for teams to make moves though. imo

One could be another on any given Sunday and yet the Packers "have nothing" on any of them.

This is amazing analysis.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they are good enough to win the division, should the Packers stumble or suffer catastrophic injuries. I do not believe they are a threat to win it all. Kirk Cousins does not have a great record outdoors, or against winning football teams, and I can't really think of a good reason why that would suddenly change.

At this time, the Saints and the 49ers both look significantly superior, and the Packers are at worst the equal of the Purples. So, no, not this year.

Members online

Latest posts