Is Aaron Rodgers the best Packer QB of all time ?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers would have played with a great defense and HOF coach his record in playoff games would likely have matched Starr. As great as Rodgers is, he can't play defense.
People cite the bad or average games he's had, but part of being surrounded by a good team is having the defense win some games in spite of a bad day by the offense. The game against the Bears is the only time this has ever happened. They either folded late (SF, Seattle, Arizona), or didn't show up at all (SF, Arizona, Giants). There are the 6 losses right there.

His QB rating (just by averaging the overall rating, not calculating by overall stats) for his 6 losses is just over 87.0. Brady's overall rating in the playoffs is 88.0. That tells you what you need to know.

D

Deleted member 6794

People cite the bad or average games he's had, but part of being surrounded by a good team is having the defense win some games in spite of a bad day by the offense. The game against the Bears is the only time this has ever happened. They either folded late (SF, Seattle, Arizona), or didn't show up at all (SF, Arizona, Giants). There are the 6 losses right there.

The defense played pretty well vs. the Eagles in the wild card round in 2010 as well.

Reaction score

His QB rating (just by averaging the overall rating, not calculating by overall stats) for his 6 losses is just over 87.0. Brady's overall rating in the playoffs is 88.0. That tells you what you need to know.
In the playoff losses the opponents have scored 51, 37, 45, 23, 28, 26. It's not a blame game, but when you have to score at least 23 points to have a chance to win it can be tough, especially when you're going against the likes of the Seahawks, 49ers, Giants and Cardinals. Those were Super Bowl caliber defenses.

In playoff games where the opponents score 21 points or fewer we're 6-0 in the Rodgers era. In ones where we allow over that were 1-6, with the 1 being the Super Bowl. He just hasn't had the luxury of winning 10-9 or 16-13 games like Russell Wilson or Tom Brady had in his early years. As long as that trend continues, you're probably only going to see us win games where he plays out of his mind

D

Deleted member 6794

In the playoff losses the opponents have scored 51, 37, 45, 23, 28, 26. It's not a blame game, but when you have to score at least 23 points to have a chance to win it can be tough, especially when you're going against the likes of the Seahawks, 49ers, Giants and Cardinals. Those were Super Bowl caliber defenses.

In playoff games where the opponents score 21 points or fewer we're 6-0 in the Rodgers era. In ones where we allow over that were 1-6, with the 1 being the Super Bowl. He just hasn't had the luxury of winning 10-9 or 16-13 games like Russell Wilson or Tom Brady had in his early years. As long as that trend continues, you're probably only going to see us win games where he plays out of his mind

This is a league wide trend though as teams are 55-12 in playoff games when allowed 21 or less points as well as 22-65 once giving up more than that since 2009.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers averages 26.33 points per game in losses. Brady averages 17.77 in losses.

Rodgers defense gives up an average of 35.00 in losses. Brady's gives up 26.44

So Rodgers performs better in losses in terms of point production than Brady, and also gets significantly less help from his defense than Brady gets from his.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers averages 26.33 points per game in losses. Brady averages 17.77 in losses.

Rodgers defense gives up an average of 35.00 in losses. Brady's gives up 26.44

So Rodgers performs better in losses in terms of point production than Brady, and also gets significantly less help from his defense than Brady gets from his.
:p
What a perfect example of why stats suck and are worthless in proving anything.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a once in a generation QB in Green Bay. People can debate Rodgers against Shady Brady, Farse, Montanan, Young, Marino or whoever you can think of all they want. But one thing we all KNOW to be true is #12 is the Most COMPLETE qb of all time. The Best passer or thrower of the football in NFL history.

I honestly believe I'll never see another like him in my lifetime. I'm a young man saying that. I also believe in my heart that he will get another SB...in fact, I say at least 2 more. Now is it going to be this year? Next year? Maybe in 4 yrs he goes back to back? Ha idk..but it would be a travesty if this franchise has 1 HOF QB succeed a former HOF QB and only has two rings to show for it. I'd rather see him win them somewhere else is that's the case.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the best I have ever seen. I don't know what happened last year and early this year where he went 14 straight games without a QB rating over 100, but he has returned with a vengeance.

Most will take Brady. Newsflash - Brady has never and I mean NEVER made plays like Rodgers made on the TD throws to Allison and the first TD to Adams on Sunday night. I always encourage people to watch a Patriots game and watch the open receivers Brady throws to all game long. He might make 1 tough throw a game.

The elephant in the room though is the lack of championships. He'll win 1 this year and maybe a couple more down the line. Once he gets to 4 there will be no debate who is the best of all time.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Rodgers is the most talented QB GB has ever had.

2. Brett was the gunslinger. Won us a lot of games but lost a lot of games also.

3. Bart was a good QB but not as talented as either Brett or Aaron. Sure he was a winner in the playoffs but He played with the greatest coach in NFL history along with a team full of Hall of Fame players. I've never been one to give the QB all the credit. Teams win championships not 1 player!

Just nice to be able to talk about 3 HOF QB's. Detroit, Chicago & Minnesota sure are jealous!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He is the best I have ever seen. I don't know what happened last year and early this year where he went 14 straight games without a QB rating over 100, but he has returned with a vengeance.

Most will take Brady. Newsflash - Brady has never and I mean NEVER made plays like Rodgers made on the TD throws to Allison and the first TD to Adams on Sunday night. I always encourage people to watch a Patriots game and watch the open receivers Brady throws to all game long. He might make 1 tough throw a game.

The elephant in the room though is the lack of championships. He'll win 1 this year and maybe a couple more down the line. Once he gets to 4 there will be no debate who is the best of all time.
He was hurt last year from ram game on.. Torn meniscus, just wasn't reported so other teams wouldn't tee off on it.

That's why surgery right away after season

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:p
What a perfect example of why stats suck and are worthless in proving anything.
More like giving credit and blame for team efforts and achievements to an individual player is worthless. Those stats are really eye-opening. Mike and Mike would have you believe that Brady parted the Red Sea for his team to win games, when it seems like they won games for him many occasions, and how he failed (along with the offense) to win games when the defense put them in position to.

I think if it weren't so unpopular to go for anyone other than Brady, players and coaches would easily give the nod to Rodgers. I remember Urlacher saying he couldn't even compare to the other QBs he's faced or seen, he was on a completely different level .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LT ... ... I've NEVER said Rodgers isn't a Leader ... just that I dont think him to be a Leader on the same level as Starr or Favre ... But then again you seem to do that when ppl dont agree with you ...?

Just picking this quote from you to make you see this quote..

Brandon Marshall on Inside the NFL.

When you win everything is good.. Brady tosses his helmet, curses at Eldaman couple weeks ago, and that's great.. He is a great leader cuz they are winning... Do that if your loosing, and it's a problem.

Not sure, but you said Brady is a great leader or no? I think you have, so I apologize if you haven't.

So if you did say that, then when Rodgers does this, you think it doesn't make him a great leader?

I believe you have said those things, so how can one do it, and it's fine, but Rodgers does it, and it's no good

Last edited:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth. This is a once in a generation type QB. I'm convinced that even if he never wins another SB by the time he's done he will be widely regard as the greatest QB of all time. Even over Shady Brady. I heard an argument on a talk show yesterday saying that if you took Brady off the Patriots? and replaced him with Rodgers that the Patriots would be even better.

For one, Rodgers wouldn't be able to play under Belichick ... Belichick would never have accepted Rodgers behaviour like McLardy has ...

Two, I've always had the opinion that its Belichick who is the largest reason for NE's success and to a lesser extent Brady. However I am not so sure Rodgers would make NE that much better though ...

That may be true, yet Brady still gets the job done on many occassions ... However this is a team game and it seems to me that QBs most often gets Way more credit (when winning) and in some QBs case less of the critique when losing despite having played poorly ...

Just picking this quote from you to make you see this quote..

Brandon Marshall on Inside the NFL.

Not sure, but you said Brady is a great leader or no? I think you have, so I apologize if you haven't.

So if you did say that, then when Rodgers does this, you think it doesn't make him a great leader?

I believe you have said those things, so how can one do it, and it's fine, but Rodgers does it, and it's no good

Yes, I believe Brady to be a better Leader than Rodgers - Like Rodgers Brady is a perfectionist, but their attitude and demeanor on the field are like Night and Day ... Brady in more instances seem to be able to light a fire under his team better than Rodgers can (currently).

Yes Brady is more "in your face" than Rodgers, but you seldom see Brady ignore his receivers because of a "grudge" like Rodgers some time has ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
First, If you are going to quote an interview atleast relay it entirely and not just some snips ...

Second, That wasn't exactly throwing Javon under the proverbial bus, but I think you know that ... and are just arguing for the sake of arguing ... ;)

I came here asking what quotes from you show Rodgers tosses players under the bus?

Then I recalled the Javon quote.

If you want the entire article posted? Rules state only a few paragraphs of an article.

Sometimes your definition, or criteria makes no sense. Maybe you just like to argue?

This article even calls it throwing Javon under the bus.

http://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-worst-receivers-brett-favre-has-ever-had/

So why not give us your Rodgers examples and try to admit that Brett did thrown him under the bus in this instance?

There is another quote from the 4th and 26 game where he threw javon under the bus..

On an interception he blamed javon.. ,this is not word for word, but this is the jist of it. I'll try to find it..

"We ran that play a few times and javon always ran it a certain way. Not sure why he did it different."

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Ha idk..but it would be a travesty if this franchise has 1 HOF QB succeed a former HOF QB and only has two rings to show for it. I'd rather see him win them somewhere else is that's the case.

I agree that it would be extremely disappointed not winning another Super Bowl with Rodgers as the starting quarterback but I for sure don´t want him to win another with a different team.

Yes Brady is more "in your face" than Rodgers, but you seldom see Brady ignore his receivers because of a "grudge" like Rodgers some time has ...

Rodgers doesn´t ignore receivers because he holds a grudge against them but for a lack of trust in them.

deathlock77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's maybe the most talented quarterback the league has ever seen as far as arm strength, accuracy, football IQ, leg talent, etc are concerned. Got a lot of winning to do to catch Bart as the best Packers QB though.

Starr, Favre, Rodgers...Hasn't been a bad existence.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here Here!!
Honestly... we have the big 3... and I don't plan to order them.... and after that in no real order we have Lynn ****ey... Magic.... and I'll let someone else dig up all the old timers they feel belong on the list lol.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts