Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I've posted a lot earlier in this thread, but to this I'll just go to one of the things I was speaking about and that's schedule. To this point the Packers have only played 1 team with a winning record. The Pats have played the Chargers and the Bills with winning records. Then you have to put in the Cowboys who have a very strong defense even if their O can't find the endzone.

It not an indictment of the Packers, who I believe are the best team in the league right now, its simply stating that the quality of wins matters as much as stats. Brady's game winning drive against the Cowboys is more impressive than Rodgers dismantling the horrid Rams. I'd wager Rodgers will win the MVP this year as the Packers schedule is littered with weak teams. I only see a few games which remain as potential stumbling blocks to the Packers, and Rodgers stats.

This is hilarious to me. The NFC North overall might be the best division in football since last season and the Packers have faced a real elite QB in Brees which is something the Pats have yet to do unless you want to get high on Rivers who has pretty much been average this year. I am not going to get too excited over the Bills just yet and the Chargers are yearly paper tigers. The Bills were down 21-0 to the Pats and managed to come back in the game too.

The Cowboys are the biggest chokers in football and Brady has one game winning drive over them and now we get to throw a parade.

You play who is on your schedule. For many years the AFC East was horrible and the Pats won the division before the year even started. It's just the last few years with the Jets becoming pesky that the Pats have suddenly started to get a real challenger again. This year it might be the Bills too but thats hardly anything to me to get excited over until I see more.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I've posted a lot earlier in this thread, but to this I'll just go to one of the things I was speaking about and that's schedule. To this point the Packers have only played 1 team with a winning record. The Pats have played the Chargers and the Bills with winning records. Then you have to put in the Cowboys who have a very strong defense even if their O can't find the endzone.

It not an indictment of the Packers, who I believe are the best team in the league right now, its simply stating that the quality of wins matters as much as stats. Brady's game winning drive against the Cowboys is more impressive than Rodgers dismantling the horrid Rams. I'd wager Rodgers will win the MVP this year as the Packers schedule is littered with weak teams. I only see a few games which remain as potential stumbling blocks to the Packers, and Rodgers stats.

see but you can't always blame the quality of the teams they play because you still have to go out there and play a good game and make good throws, which by the way Aaron Rodgers has been doing, I don't care what quality the team is your playing it is very impressive to see a quarter throw for 300+ yards in 3 straight games. i'm not saying Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback because frankly I think that Tom Brady is in fact a better quarterback but on the other hand Aaron is having a much better season, Tom Brady no doubt is amazing he threw for 50 touchdowns in one season but as of right now he can't match Aaron Rodgers and his hot streak. bottom line they are both great quarterbacks in the NFL doing what they need to do winning games so I give them both credit where it's due.

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is hilarious to me. The NFC North overall might be the best division in football since last season and the Packers have faced a real elite QB in Brees which is something the Pats have yet to do unless you want to get high on Rivers who has pretty much been average this year. I am not going to get too excited over the Bills just yet and the Chargers are yearly paper tigers. The Bills were down 21-0 to the Pats and managed to come back in the game too.

The Cowboys are the biggest chokers in football and Brady has one game winning drive over them and now we get to throw a parade.

You play who is on your schedule. For many years the AFC East was horrible and the Pats won the division before the year even started. It's just the last few years with the Jets becoming pesky that the Pats have suddenly started to get a real challenger again. This year it might be the Bills too but thats hardly anything to me to get excited over until I see more.

I agree with the division, but the Pack hasn't played the Lions yet. I want to see that game. I think the pack will win, however we need to see that game. As for the Pats division, the east was horrible, but the Pats played the Steelers / Colts / Chargers annually do to winning that garbage division. I'm not blaming the schedule, I'm simply saying that stats aren't the only thing that determines whats what. I expect Rodgers to crush teams like the Rams, because Rodgers is awesome and that's what elite QB's do. I want to see him put against the wall, having a bad game against a good D and coming up big when it matters most.

Also the Chargers are Paper tigers to the Pats, but they beat the Colts almost every time they play. It's one of those things where they just don't match up well against the Pats and that may have cost them a few shots a SB rings. This year they have a winning record, and that's the stat that matters most to me. Wins.

This year the Pack has rolled everyone, because they are the best team in the league. But every year a game comes up that a team isn't anticipating to be so hard, and becomes a dogfight. Bash the Cowboys all you want...I frequently do. However, that game they came to play on D. They were physical, they were great, and they had a bye week to prepare. That final drive by Brady and Co. was by far more impressive than dismantling the Rams. But Rodgers clearly had better stats on the day...It's just where I stand.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I agree with the division, but the Pack hasn't played the Lions yet. I want to see that game. I think the pack will win, however we need to see that game. As for the Pats division, the east was horrible, but the Pats played the Steelers / Colts / Chargers annually do to winning that garbage division. I'm not blaming the schedule, I'm simply saying that stats aren't the only thing that determines whats what. I expect Rodgers to crush teams like the Rams, because Rodgers is awesome and that's what elite QB's do. I want to see him put against the wall, having a bad game against a good D and coming up big when it matters most.

This year the Pack has rolled everyone, because they are the best team in the league. But every year a game comes up that a team isn't anticipating to be so hard, and becomes a dogfight. Bash the Cowboys all you want...I frequently do. However, that game they came to play on D. They were physical, they were great, and they had a bye week to prepare. That final drive by Brady and Co. was by far more impressive than dismantling the Rams. But Rodgers clearly had better stats on the day...It's just where I stand.

Packers at Panthers? Coming off the SB opener and letting the Panthers get off to a 13-0 lead on the road? Looked like a trap game early on for the Pack.

Even if the Pack lose to the Lions once this year I don't think that will make me think less of Rodgers. TBH a lot of this is ironic to me. I don't mean you but in general. All I heard about for years when it came to QB debates was how all that mattered was the playoffs. All that mattered was what have you done for me lately.Right now Rodgers is at the top of that mountain being the last SB MVP.

Right now IMO what Rodgers and the Pack have done since week 16 last season is quite impressive.The Packers won a SB by beating 3 quality opponents on the road and a team in the SB who had more experience then them in big games. They have not lost since thrashing the Giants.

A signature win this year for the Packers would be in Atlanta. I still think the Falcons may be better then their record. Going into a dome and being down 14-0 against a team who wants revenge after you plastered them in the playoffs is not easy. Falcons still have a lot of weapons on offense. Matt Ryan is almost perfect at home unless he is facing the Packers now.

Really when I think about it I still think NE is still a bit of a poor road team. The Packers seem scary on the road or at home to me. The Pats let the Bills beat them when they had a 21-0 lead early on. I am not sure I could see GB doing the same if they had that sort of lead right now.

I know we are both in agreement that GB is the best in the league, but behind them I think it's up for debate right now with some teams. I don't necessarily feel that just because the Pats have Brady that they are the #2 team in the league I fear the most.

And yes the Cowboys have a good D at times. Rob Ryan is a good coach and they have legit talent there. Too bad on offense they always screw things up for them.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers havent trailed in the 4th Quarter for the past 14 games. 2nd longest streak in history. Not a whole lot of opportunity for comebacks.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys coaching did them in against the pats. Cant rely on your D to stop Brady with 2 minutes left. The conservative playcalling (run run run) was just sad.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Packers havent trailed in the 4th Quarter for the past 14 games. 2nd longest streak in history. Not a whole lot of opportunity for comebacks.

I read that and it's pretty amazing. There is an obsession with come from behind 4th quarter victories though and it makes for good media material. I am sure if needed Rodgers could do it.

The Colts have made a living off of comeback wins over the years at times and I don't always feel it's the best formula. Once in a while okay but after a while you start to play with fire. It's nice to show up for the whole game and finish it off without giving your fans a heart attack.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I read that and it's pretty amazing. There is an obsession with come from behind 4th quarter victories though and it makes for good media material. I am sure if needed Rodgers could do it.

The Colts have made a living off of comeback wins over the years at times and I don't always feel it's the best formula. Once in a while okay but after a while you start to play with fire. It's nice to show up for the whole game and finish it off without giving your fans a heart attack.

Those are really good numbers! shows the Packers know how to close a game every week when they step onto the field

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. The good teams don't trail very often. More than 'comebacks', I think what is important is showcasing the teams resolve in tough games. You don't necessarily have to trail in the 4th quarter to do this. If a team keeps coming back, and keeps the game close, within a td or FG, and yet your team still hold strong and finishes off with a victory, that is what shows a teams strength IMO.

I don't mean to say this just at you jules...cause I know your a colts fan, but I'll reference the 03 goal line stand in the Pats / Colts game. That was a moment where the Pats were ahead, and an opponent that was capable of defeating them was held off for a victory. Those are the kind of moments that build great teams. No one is going to win every game comfortably, so it's the trials and tribulations that matter most IMO. I think the Packers will have a few throughout this year, and I expect a team of their caliber to hold strong and pull them out. But until then, we haven't really seen that moment this season.

And most will agree the Saints game never felt like it was close. Maybe to Packers fans, but when I watched it looked like the Saints were always a step or two behind in that game and I didn't feel for a second the Pack was in danger of losing.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Agreed. The good teams don't trail very often. More than 'comebacks', I think what is important is showcasing the teams resolve in tough games. You don't necessarily have to trail in the 4th quarter to do this. If a team keeps coming back, and keeps the game close, within a td or FG, and yet your team still hold strong and finishes off with a victory, that is what shows a teams strength IMO.

I don't mean to say this just at you jules...cause I know your a colts fan, but I'll reference the 03 goal line stand in the Pats / Colts game. That was a moment where the Pats were ahead, and an opponent of capable of defeating them was held for a victory. Those are the kind of moments that build great teams. No one is going to win every games comfortably, so it's the trials and tribulations that matter most IMO. I think the Packers will have a few throughout this year, and I expect a team of their caliber to hold strong and pull them out. But until then, we haven't really seen that moment this season. And most will agree the Saints game never felt like it was close. Maybe to Packers fans, but when I watched it looked like the Saints were always a step or two behind in that game and I didn't feel for a second the Pack was in danger of losing.

Right along with what you were saying the Packers have the ability to close a game they showed us that all throughout the playoffs last season and that's why they are Superbowl champs.

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right along with what you were saying the Packers have the ability to close a game they showed us that all throughout the playoffs last season and that's why they are Superbowl champs.

Again, agreed. The Packers are the Champs. Until I see otherwise I will believe they are the best team in football. But...and I don't think the packers will fall victim to this, sometimes even the best need to be tested again or they can begin to believe they are unbeatable. Last years Packers were hungry, they didn't win the division, they had to go on the road and tough out victories to achieve a championship. This years packers have to feel a lot like...well I hate to be this cheesy, but Rocky III lol. Won the belt, then had a bunch of easy victories, and suddenly you lose the eye of the tiger. When a real contender steps up and punches you back like you haven't been punched in some time...well thats what I'm waiting to see this season.

I can't stress enough that I fully have faith that this Packers team will respond the right way when put into that situation this year...but it is still a very important thing that needs to be seen.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Again, agreed. The Packers are the Champs. Until I see otherwise I will believe they are the best team in football. But...and I don't think the packers will fall victim to this, sometimes even the best need to be tested again or they can begin to believe they are unbeatable. Last years Packers were hungry, they didn't win the division, they had to go on the road and tough out victories to achieve a championship. This years packers have to feel a lot like...well I hate to be this cheesy, but Rocky III lol. Won the belt, then had a bunch of easy victories, and suddenly you lose the eye of the tiger. When a real contender steps up and punches you back like you haven't been punched in some time...well thats what I'm waiting to see this season.

I can't stress enough that I fully have faith that this Packers team will respond the right way when put into that situation this year...but it is still a very important thing that needs to be seen.

Yea the Packers definitely need to be tested this year its sad to say that they really haven't been but I have faith as well that if they get put in that situation they will have the hunger and determination to win the ball game.
all I have to say is as long as the Packers stay hungry and don't get cocky and start thinking they're the best they will have a repeat this season.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yea the Packers definitely need to be tested this year its sad to say that they really haven't been but I have faith as well that if they get put in that situation they will have the hunger and determination to win the ball game.
all I have to say is as long as the Packers stay hungry and don't get cocky and start thinking they're the best they will have a repeat this season.

Packers will get more tests this regular season for sure. It's football.

But, I still maintain that the Falcons game was a big test. They had revenge on their minds after the playoff loss. They were home again at night in a place where Matt Ryan hardly has lost. They had the lead early and the Packers looked lost. The Packers adjusted, never panicked and won. It was more to me what the Pack did right then what the Falcons did wrong too. I still think Atlanta is a solid team.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. What's wrong with having confidence? I want every team I cheer for to think they are unbeatable. You honestly want a team to step on the field thinking "ok, if everything works perfect this team is going to beat us by 35"

2. How is beating New Orleans, Atlanta in Atlanta and Chicago in Chicago easy victories?

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
clearly your
1. What's wrong with having confidence? I want every team I cheer for to think they are unbeatable. You honestly want a team to step on the field thinking "ok, if everything works perfect this team is going to beat us by 35"

2. How is beating New Orleans, Atlanta in Atlanta and Chicago in Chicago easy victories?

Clearly your passion for your team isn't allowing you to grasp what I'm saying. They were easy victories because the Packers beat the snot out of them. If you watched those games and truly thought that the Packers weren't just beating them down then I apologize to you, we just saw two different things when we watched. I saw teams that were afraid to make mistakes against the Packers because of how dominant the Packers are / have been. That fear showed plainly as they were trounced. I don't know how you took what I said and turned it into me saying something is wrong with having confidence. Of course the Pack wants to beat every team they play and believes they can. I'm pretty certain I made it absolutely clear that I thought the Pack was the best team in the league. I'm talking about resting on your laurels and under preforming as opposed to staying hungry and striving to be better. If your not moving forward your going backwards.

But if watching football all my life has told me anything it's that no team rolls over everyone all year. Sooner or later someone is going to go toe to toe with the Pack this season. Not like Carolina, but a full 60 minutes of no quit football. It's going to happen. It may not be a team anyone sees coming. It may be a team with a losing record. When that happens, how the Packers perform will be more telling about their character than any of the wins they've had this season. I'm also certain I mentioned that I fully expect the Packers to play up to the occasion and pull those games out. But just because we all expect them to, doesn't mean they will. It needs to be seen.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Packers will get more tests this regular season for sure. It's football.

But, I still maintain that the Falcons game was a big test. They had revenge on their minds after the playoff loss. They were home again at night in a place where Matt Ryan hardly has lost. They had the lead early and the Packers looked lost. The Packers adjusted, never panicked and won. It was more to me what the Pack did right what the Falcons did wrong too. I still think Atlanta is a solid team.

Very very true the Falcons are a very solid team that definitely showcased our composure and ability to stay calm under pressure

Reaction score
The Pack has a tough schedule coming up. They gotta go to San Diego and San Diego also has an elite quarterback on their team in Rivers. Good thing for the Packers, they have a bye week before that game because Rivers is no joke. They also have to play at New York against the Giants. Not an easy task. They also have to play against the Bucs and the Raiders and those aren't easy football games to play as well as the Lions at Detroit on Thanksgiving. Those games will test the mettle of this team and Rodgers.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
clearly your

Clearly your passion for your team isn't allowing you to grasp what I'm saying. They were easy victories because the Packers beat the snot out of them. If you watched those games and truly thought that the Packers weren't just beating them down then I apologize to you, we just saw two different things when we watched. I saw teams that were afraid to make mistakes against the Packers because of how dominant the Packers are / have been. That fear showed plainly as they were trounced. I don't know how you took what I said and turned it into me saying something is wrong with having confidence. Of course the Pack wants to beat every team they play and believes they can. I'm pretty certain I made it absolutely clear that I thought the Pack was the best team in the league. I'm talking about resting on your laurels and under preforming as opposed to staying hungry and striving to be better. If your not moving forward your going backwards.

But if watching football all my life has told me anything it's that no team rolls over everyone all year. Sooner or later someone is going to go toe to toe with the Pack this season. Not like Carolina, but a full 60 minutes of no quit football. It's going to happen. It may not be a team anyone sees coming. It may be a team with a losing record. When that happens, how the Packers perform will be more telling about their character than any of the wins they've had this season. I'm also certain I mentioned that I fully expect the Packers to play up to the occasion and pull those games out. But just because we all expect them to, doesn't mean they will. It needs to be seen.

I wouldn't call some of our victories "rolling over people", we obviously just have different ways of communicating ideas or thoughts and have different views...nothing against ya bro.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Patriots record without Tom Brady- 14-6
Packers record without Aaron Rodgers- 3-10

Members online

Latest posts