Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady plays for a team that cheats. He benefited from cheating and maybe, just maybe, still does.
(Once a cheater, always a cheater.)
What else can explain those Super Bowl wins?
The almost flawless season?

Anyway, the Packers don't cheat. Aaron Rodgers is using just good ol' fashioned skill and strategy. Something that Tom Brady has yet to do 100% of all of his playing career.
Aaron Rodgers has never cheated to win.
Tom Brady has.

So Aaron Rodgers is way way way way way way way way way better than Tom Brady.
Fact, not opinion.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Tony Dungy picked Rodgers over any QB in the league before your season opener. I remember Rodney challenging him too. He said over a healthy Manning and Tony said yes. He said over Brady and Tony said yes.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean that Skyp Bayless is, by far, the worst "analyst" there is or ever was. Including Emmitt Smith.

The guy is just awful and everything he does is to get ratings.
yea but... brady's old news.. rodgers is the new flavor.

So if you really want ratings, bayless should pick rodgers, no?

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady plays for a team that cheats. He benefited from cheating and maybe, just maybe, still does.
(Once a cheater, always a cheater.)
What else can explain those Super Bowl wins?
The almost flawless season?

Anyway, the Packers don't cheat. Aaron Rodgers is using just good ol' fashioned skill and strategy. Something that Tom Brady has yet to do 100% of all of his playing career.
Aaron Rodgers has never cheated to win.
Tom Brady has.

So Aaron Rodgers is way way way way way way way way way better than Tom Brady.
Fact, not opinion.
you can't be serious? That was already debunked...

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I'm a Patriots fan thru and thru so I'll get that out of the way right now. I'm also a huge fan of aaron Rodgers and think he is the only QB i've seen not named Brady and Manning to be in their class. He still needs to keep it up for a long time in order to truly enter that debate, however as packers fans you guys should just be thankful that your entering the age of Rodgers standing alone, as Brady and Manning start to enter the twilight of their careers.

Now, onto the topic. This season Rodgers and Brady seem all but unbeatable. I know the Bills knocked off the Pats, but as someone who has seen every game Brady ever played live I can tell you that even with 4 ints (which we can agree happens once every 4 or 5 years with Brady) Brady looked as ice cold as I've ever seen him. Its been a few years since Brady has looked like this. Never mind the stats, Brady has been lit up a lot this year, and unlike the last two seasons after his knee injury he isn't going into gun-shy mode. He stands up and he gets fired up like he did pre-2008. He drove us down the field and tied it, but a bone headed tackle made by our D kept the ball from being back in his hands for the win.

That said, Rodgers is also ice cold. I get the feeling every time he drops back that he is going to complete the ball. He is scary good. It is early in the year, but I have this strange feeling that we are going to get to see these two guys go head to head this year...if you know what I mean.

I'm anxious to see how your team responds when it gets slowed down. i got a feeling you won't lose but maybe 1 or 2 games this year...and I'm really curios to see a game when your team struggles as a whole and finds itself down a Td late. As of now, I don't see a lot of trouble on your schedule.

It is sad that this becomes the debate though, cause I love to watch Manning play...but unfortunately all anyone wants to talk about is who is better between him and Brady. Instead of just enjoying two of the best ever in their primes. Now it looks like Manning has fallen out of that discussion and Rodgers has stepped in...I have no doubt you will all become tired of this debate within a few years as I became of the Manning v Brady debate. it's a shame because you will probably be driven to hate Brady after hearing this argument over and over and over. My opinion is that you guys have the guy who will take over the torch, and in many ways already has...but right now your splitting hairs. If I'm going against either of these guys I wouldn't want to ball in their hands with 2 mins left and only needing a TD to win.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From espn:

Mangini,Jon Ritchie and Skip Bayless were asked who would they chose to play QB for their team as of today BRADY or RODGERS?

Mangini picked Brady
Jon Ritchie picked Rodgers
Skip picked Brady

STATS:
Brady 16 TD 8 INT
Rodgers 17 TD 3 INT

brady leads 2-1

2 words in and I saw all I needed to see.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I'm a Patriots fan thru and thru so I'll get that out of the way right now. I'm also a huge fan of aaron Rodgers and think he is the only QB i've seen not named Brady and Manning to be in their class. He still needs to keep it up for a long time in order to truly enter that debate, however as packers fans you guys should just be thankful that your entering the age of Rodgers standing alone, as Brady and Manning start to enter the twilight of their careers.

Now, onto the topic. This season Rodgers and Brady seem all but unbeatable. I know the Bills knocked off the Pats, but as someone who has seen every game Brady ever played live I can tell you that even with 4 ints (which we can agree happens once every 4 or 5 years with Brady) Brady looked as ice cold as I've ever seen him. Its been a few years since Brady has looked like this. Never mind the stats, Brady has been lit up a lot this year, and unlike the last two seasons after his knee injury he isn't going into gun-shy mode. He stands up and he gets fired up like he did pre-2008. He drove us down the field and tied it, but a bone headed tackle made by our D kept the ball from being back in his hands for the win.

That said, Rodgers is also ice cold. I get the feeling every time he drops back that he is going to complete the ball. He is scary good. It is early in the year, but I have this strange feeling that we are going to get to see these two guys go head to head this year...if you know what I mean.

I'm anxious to see how your team responds when it gets slowed down. i got a feeling you won't lose but maybe 1 or 2 games this year...and I'm really curios to see a game when your team struggles as a whole and finds itself down a Td late. As of now, I don't see a lot of trouble on your schedule.

It is sad that this becomes the debate though, cause I love to watch Manning play...but unfortunately all anyone wants to talk about is who is better between him and Brady. Instead of just enjoying two of the best ever in their primes. Now it looks like Manning has fallen out of that discussion and Rodgers has stepped in...I have no doubt you will all become tired of this debate within a few years as I became of the Manning v Brady debate. it's a shame because you will probably be driven to hate Brady after hearing this argument over and over and over. My opinion is that you guys have the guy who will take over the torch, and in many ways already has...but right now your splitting hairs. If I'm going against either of these guys I wouldn't want to ball in their hands with 2 mins left and only needing a TD to win.

Pats fans seem to want to make this a historical debate instead of a current one. Yes Brady has more titles. Its also been a few years or so since he won one. Last season Brady was MVP, Rodgers won a title. So lets focus just on this season. Rodgers is unquestionably one of the top 3 players in the league right now. I havent seen an argument yet that convinced me that Brady is having a better season so far. Until I do im just going to go by the numbers and what I have seen so far and say its Rodgers.

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I wasn't saying one way or the other. If you want to measure seasons though...numbers are with Rodgers but the Pack has had an easier schedule by far. Other than the Saints, you've been unchallenged. I also like to see team building moments...so far the Pack has cruised. Rodgers will likely win an MVP this year. But Watching the Pats rive back on the Cowboys (who were playing out of their minds on D) was more impressive than watching Rodgers dismantle the horrid Rams. I'm not saying Rodgers can't do what Brady did, I'm saying I haven't seen it this season yet. All I've seen is the Pack just cruising. Even the Saints game, did any of you really ever feel the game was in jeopardy? I certainly didn't. I felt you had it in hand.

If you just want to do numbers, then to this point Rodgers is having the best year in the NFL. But stats don't tell the whole story. If you watched the Cowboys game, There was a moment on the last drive where Brady got absolutely crushed, but he stepped into his throw and hit Gronk for the first. That was the most impressive throw I've seen him make all year. He stepped into the blitzer, and ate that hit to get 5 yards.

Again, to me your splitting hairs, both guys are playing out of their minds right now. I'm anxious to see what the Pack looks like on thanksgiving. I think you'll win, because I think your the best team in the league right now. But I am anxious to see it nonetheless.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Honestly the age difference might be too great. Rodgers is still 27 and Brady is 34. Manning vs. Brady was a classic and they are a year apart. The league is missing that this season.

It's too bad we can't point to another QB in each conference closer in age to truly get a good rivalry going with QBs right now but we really can't.

It's like Kobe vs. Lebron. Lebron was always too young to me to truly compare to Kobe.

Rodgers vs. Big Ben was pretty hot going into last years SB. The age difference was closer. Brees is a bit too old as well.

Not really a great QB rivalry going on this season.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I wasn't saying one way or the other. If you want to measure seasons though...numbers are with Rodgers but the Pack has had an easier schedule by far. Other than the Saints, you've been unchallenged. I also like to see team building moments...so far the Pack has cruised. Rodgers will likely win an MVP this year. But Watching the Pats rive back on the Cowboys (who were playing out of their minds on D) was more impressive than watching Rodgers dismantle the horrid Rams. I'm not saying Rodgers can't do what Brady did, I'm saying I haven't seen it this season yet. All I've seen is the Pack just cruising. Even the Saints game, did any of you really ever feel the game was in jeopardy? I certainly didn't. I felt you had it in hand.

If you just want to do numbers, then to this point Rodgers is having the best year in the NFL. But stats don't tell the whole story. If you watched the Cowboys game, There was a moment on the last drive where Brady got absolutely crushed, but he stepped into his throw and hit Gronk for the first. That was the most impressive throw I've seen him make all year. He stepped into the blitzer, and ate that hit to get 5 yards.

Again, to me your splitting hairs, both guys are playing out of their minds right now. I'm anxious to see what the Pack looks like on thanksgiving. I think you'll win, because I think your the best team in the league right now. But I am anxious to see it nonetheless.
very well put.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly the age difference might be too great. Rodgers is still 27 and Brady is 34. Manning vs. Brady was a classic and they are a year apart. The league is missing that this season.

It's too bad we can't point to another QB in each conference closer in age to truly get a good rivalry going with QBs right now but we really can't.

It's like Kobe vs. Lebron. Lebron was always too young to me to truly compare to Kobe.

Rodgers vs. Big Ben was pretty hot going into last years SB. The age difference was closer. Brees is a bit too old as well.

Rivers. cept they rarely play each other. But its the closest comp he has close to his age.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea but... brady's old news.. rodgers is the new flavor.

So if you really want ratings, bayless should pick rodgers, no?
No, because a lot of Packers fans get riled up and comment/listen to him when he says Brady is better.

Exactly because Brady is "old news", Patriots fans won't jump their seats...

He does it because it's controversy. It's the same with him defending Tony Romo. Bayless always takes the opposing side...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They tried with Cutler going to the Bears in 09. There were people saying that Cutler was a better QB than Rodgers.

Don't know why it didn't stick...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with cutler i can certainly see the talent though.
Talent to throw the ball. But Jeff George was extraordinaire at that, maybe the best thrower ever, it was just natural to him, he could place it anywhere even unbalanced.

I never saw the mental aspect of his game, and the mental aspect is the most important part of being a QB. It's extremely rare for a human being to be as intelligent as Brady, Manning Rodgers... Not to mention the work ethic necessary to thrive in this position, the single hardest position to play in all sports.

He had it really easy in Denver, he basically threw out of bootlegs, and when he was pressured, all he had to do was lobby it to Brandon Marshall. He didn't have to make too many reads, he didn't have to audible at the line (he doesn't do it now, Mike Martz' offense has no audibles)...

One thing I got to say, though. After the Lions game, I have a newfound respect for Cutler. He was getting hit every single dropback yet he never panicked, kept his poise and did the best he could.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler - poor mans brett favre... wait jeff george is a poor mans brett favre, so is cutler a poor mans jeff george?

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The following thread was created at patsfan, asking if aaron rodgers better than tom brady. Here is the link:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...6421-aaron-rodgers-better-than-tom-brady.html

Just wanted to post this and see what you guys thought about this dicussion so far (the thread got started after the falcons game today)

Judging by the stats so far this season Aaron Rodgers is indeed better than Tom Brady at the moment, in terms of clutch moments and just all around good play its a tough call they're both really good at what they do

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Judging by the stats so far this season Aaron Rodgers is indeed better than Tom Brady at the moment, in terms of clutch moments and just all around good play its a tough call they're both really good at what they do

I've posted a lot earlier in this thread, but to this I'll just go to one of the things I was speaking about and that's schedule. To this point the Packers have only played 1 team with a winning record. The Pats have played the Chargers and the Bills with winning records. Then you have to put in the Cowboys who have a very strong defense even if their O can't find the endzone.

It not an indictment of the Packers, who I believe are the best team in the league right now, its simply stating that the quality of wins matters as much as stats. Brady's game winning drive against the Cowboys is more impressive than Rodgers dismantling the horrid Rams. I'd wager Rodgers will win the MVP this year as the Packers schedule is littered with weak teams. I only see a few games which remain as potential stumbling blocks to the Packers, and Rodgers stats.

Members online

Latest posts