1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by whoartthou, Oct 9, 2011.

1. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    yes exactly how i feel. We should NOT have lost to the jets or giants. But **** happens.

Another loss that i am still a little upset over is the 2006 loss to your colts. We had a huge lead in that game and our defense blew it. It was unbelievable.... crredit to manning for pulling a come-back, but that game was ours to win. I think we would have won the SB against the bears that year too.

IMO, that loss you guys had to the saints in 2009 was a fair loss. Both teams were evenly matched with a slight advant. to you guys since you have the better qb. I don't think your coach (caldwell) was THAT outcoached in that sb, i would say it was close.

Would have loved to see manning lead a comeback in the superbowl... too bad he had to throw that pick 6.

2. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Oh man, that game almost killed me I swear. I felt whoever won the AFC that year wins the SB against the Bears. The AFC was strong that year for sure. Ravens and Chargers were both so good and Colts/Pats beat them. Hats off to the Pats though for beating SD lol. I am not sure we take them out there based on how much trouble they give us. I was rooting for NE so we get the home game. And I felt if the Colts were to do it finally, they had to get by the Patriots. It was the right way to get done.

BTW you notice a trend at times with the Pats? Whats with blowing the big leads at times? Like even when you guys are up big ever since that title game I never felt you had the game in the bag outside of your 07 team.

And with the Saints SB it was odd to me. I felt like we should have won but after the onside kick (horrible) I started to feel a bit sick at times. It just felt like the Saints night. They started to get the breaks their way. And even if we scored on that final drive to tie it up I was looking at the clock a lot. There was still too much time left. Our D was hurt. I would have ran the ball more in the second half. We were getting yards on the ground finally that season. I read after the SB that Jeff Fisher told Payton before the game to let us run since we don't feel comfortable with it and will go back to the pass anyway. Dead last running the ball all year and in that game we could run and we don't stick with it? Pathetic.

Actually this year in general is crazy to me with comebacks and blown leads.

3. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    our defense sucks plain and simple. brady and co give us a great lead but we always blow it..

Yea, the chargers would probably have beaten you guys.

I think that 06 patriots team was TBH a team of scrubs... no idea how we were even in the championship game.

4. Castle Of Cheese

Castle Of Cheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    In Rodgers' defence, it was also very windy that day. Neither team could really do anything through the air.

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I do think Manning is one of the all time greats, but 0-5 does NOT speak of Manning.

All it does is speak of Curtis Painter. Put him on the Packers and lets see how good they do.

The Colts are built for Manning, or rather, for a QB. Of course a team like that without a QB will flop.

It doesn't mean Brady or Rodgers wouldn't be succeeding with this team...

6. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Did I say Cassel was better than Brady? No. My point is if you put another good to elite QB in the position Brady is in, they would have excelled as well. All I know is that ever since SpyGate happened, the Patriots have not won a meaningful game since. Yeah, he threw for over 500 yards earlier this year but it was against the Dolphins. I fail to see the hype when it comes to Brady and many old time football fans whom I have talked to who watched Unitas and Namath in their prime as well as Marino, Montana, Elway, etc. also fail to see what's so special about New England's QB.

7. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I would be more then willing to see Rodgers take charge of our offense. ;) I can dream. He could do some wonderful things with Wayne, Clark and Collie. :)

8. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +484
    Yes!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

9. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    namath? you lost credibility IMO by mentioning him...

10. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    I know you didn't say Cassel is better than Brady. I'm turning your logic around to discredit it. You can't just say that one guy replaced another, and compare how many games they won, and use it as an argument. Brady replaced Cassel and the team won less games.

11. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I think it's time to finally put Rodgers vs Brady to rest after today.

Those watching Dallas and New England know what I am talking about.

Rodgers is playing much better than Tom this year.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Agreed, 2/3 of Rodger's INTs were off tips, and if that doesn't describe great accuracy I don't know what does.

Tom ain't looking too hot.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    And with that Tom Brady has another perfect 4th quarter comeback drive...

That's just to say it's closer than people think, Tom Brady is a HoF in his prime.

But I agree, what Rodgers is doing right now is on another level. He has 3 ints for the season and 2 of them were tipped passes that were perfectly thrown and the other one is an amazing athletic play by Brian Urlacher.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Another set of numbers to show how well Rodgers is playing.

He currently lead the league in:

TDs
    Completion %
    YPA
    40+ yard plays
    QB rating
    Longest pass completion

He's #3 in passing yards, #3 amongst starting QBs in Ints not thrown, #3 in first downs, and #2 on 20+ yard plays.

15. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    Can you imagine how out of this world Aroge's numbers would be if he had the time to stand back there that Brady does.

16. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    hehe, you sure about that man? Did you watch brady's 4th quarter come-back? It is a lot closer than you think...

And beside, the cowboys are a much better team than the rams, don't you think?

I agree however that aaron rodgers is playing on an INSANE level right now. I don't know the packers schedule, but are they playing any really difficult defenses the next 11 games?

Would love to see how he does against them.

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Lions', Chargers', Bears' (always gives us fits), Raiders'...

Not a lot of though defenses... With Brady already throwing 8 ints for the season, I think Rodgers will run with the MVP trophy... His numbers are staggering, he is putting highlight plays all around, and the team will probably be #1 in the league.

Still only regular season... What I want is the SB MVP for him again. Matching Starr with back-to-back SB MVPs.

18. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    tough call, Rodgers has been fantastic this season, but Brady has stood the test of time. Been so good for so many seasons.

19. Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express SKOL VIKINGS!

Ratings:
    +65
    Brady is one of the finest quarterbacks to play the game of football. Aaron Rodgers is still early in his career. Rodgers has played spectacularly since he started, but I would have to give the nod to Brady simply because he has been playing longer. Rodgers though, 8 years down the road and health permitting, will more than likely be considered one of the greats to step on to the gridiron.

20. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    If Aroge could stand back there for the time Brady has right now. Rodgers would be putting up surreal numbers.

21. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    i think that argument is a little overplayed (the brady having a ton of time)

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    And you hear the same thing about what QBs around the league could do with the Packers WRs and TEs.

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    If this continues its a top 3 season all time for a QB.

24. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    From espn:

Mangini,Jon Ritchie and Skip Bayless were asked who would they chose to play QB for their team as of today BRADY or RODGERS?

Mangini picked Brady
    Jon Ritchie picked Rodgers
    Skip picked Brady

STATS:
    Brady 16 TD 8 INT
    Rodgers 17 TD 3 INT

brady leads 2-1

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    So it's set.

If Bayless is picking Brady, we all know it's Rodgers without a doubt.