1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by whoartthou, Oct 9, 2011.

1. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    how many rushing tds does he have? of course they count.. why wudnt they

2. Pacal

Pacal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    A few years ago, Rodgers said the best advice he ever got was from Tom Brady.

Brady told him to work on one of your weaknesses every offseason.

3. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Sure there are many people (haters) that say this. They claim that rodgers success is mainly because of his stacked offensive squad. Take what you want out of that.

4. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    5 or 6 rings? Wow, thats a lot of hardware. I think he can reach 3-4... 5-6 might be pushing it.

I mean ****, if he wins even ONE MORE SB, he would already be one of the GOATS qbs (barring injury and that he continues compiling his insane stats)

5. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    i agree to most of this except the intelligence of peyton manning part. He is not quite there yet (i.e. he can improve in lots of areas). Imagine that... he can IMPROVE, how look how much of a force he is now

6. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    whose ahead of him in your list

7. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Hmm, thats quite strange. Some of my posts got double posted?

8. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    Hey, what the hell. It's easy to say 5 or 6, that way if it happens, I can go dig up this old thread and show everyone how smart I was.

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Right now, yes he is. He can do everything Tom Brady can do....with more athleticism.

• Like Like x 2
  10. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    haha , right on

11. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    A poster from PATSFAN put it like this:

"The excitement around rodgers is due to the fact that he appears to have the accuracy and intangibles of brady, the quick release of marino, and the agility and arm strength of elway. Whether he can produce over a long period of time is the only question mark. For one game, I would feel good about taking either one."

12. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I always tried to shy away from best QB debates or best ever. I just never ranked them either. I always favored Montana and Unitas overall though.

You can't usually change people's minds. Everyone has their personal favorites now and all time.

I will say though that with my team being a current disaster the Packers are pretty much giving me my football joy this year when it comes to good teams. I adore watching your team and your staff going back to last year.

Rodgers is a huge part of it too. He is a special player and QB and still so young. He is great for football. We needed a new start to emerge, a new face of the league. He is the most exciting QB for me to watch thats for sure.

13. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    The marketing people at NBC are dreaming of a Rodgers V Brady showdown in XLVI. Think that would break some viewing records.

14. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I actually think it might be the Ravens representing the AFC. Nobody has really shown that they can stop the Ravens from running the football and their defense is stout per usual. But if Flacco is forced to throw they
    are going to have problems.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bart

Bart Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Tom Brady have had an amazing career with 3 SB wins and lots of records, while Rodgers only have won 1 sb so far, but lets see when both careers are over, then we can see who was the best qb

But still its nearly impossible to tell who is best, since they dont have same team mates

16. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    IMO, the ravens vs packers would be one boring *** superbowl.

Packers vs patriots would be awesome because

1) two of the best qbs go head to head

2) high power offenses on both teams

And besides, i think the ravens will lose in the post season

17. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    I wonder why you do not enjoy watching the patriots.. :D

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Calling a winning QB a goat is a new term to me.
    I always thought it was applied to the loser. The one who blows it during the game.

19. Eric87

Eric87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    Lowercase goat is the one who blows it.

Uppercase GOAT is Greatest Of All Time. I think I first heard Jon Gruden use it that way, talking about Jerry Rice.

20. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    "Our Offense... Gooollly..." - Cullen Jenkins, 2010 playoffs vs ATL
    "Has this guy thrown a F@#$in incompletion?..." - Mike Smith, 2010 playoffs
    "Man, my boy Aaron is a beast" - BJ Raji, 2010 playoffs vs ATL

And he's been playing like pretty much all season so far.

21. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Gotchya. Thanx.

Seems like every other player is a GOAT to Mr. Gruden.

22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I don't have it here in front of me but you can add comments from the Broncos coach to your list.
    He had good and respectful things to say about our A-Rod after the Broncos game.

23. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Can we just get a thread going w/ a collection of Rodger's praise from coaches and teammates?

24. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Another thing i would like to point out is how much of a phenomenal "outdoor" quarterback tom brady is. I'd wager he might be the GOAT when it comes to excelling in every environment imagineable.

Now, i was curious, but how does aaron rodgers compare to brady in that aspect? I know AROD is a great dome player, but how does he perform in terrible weather (i.e. new england weather), etc etc? If you take a look at someone like manning, he has had a huge benefit playing domes most of his career... because his stats outside of domes are really bad compared to someone like brady.

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    He hasn't played in many of those, so it's hard to judge based on that.

His play obviously is not as good, he's not as accurate, particularly on longer throws.

I don't have his stats, but one of his best games came in december against the Giants last year. 408 yards, 4 tds, 0 int, 67.6% completion, 10.9 YPA. It wasn't slowing for certain, don't remember if it was particularly cold, but I don't remember it as such.

He hasn't played at home in the playoffs so far. Yet he's 4-1 with a rating of 112.6.

In Chicago last year he played a bad game, and the weather and the field were really bad (worst field in the league). 0 thrown TDs 1 rushing TD 2 picks, 55.4 rate, but he has "historically" (He played them only 7 games) struggled against the Bears. But that was his worst one. He started fast on that game, though, he wasn't having problems throwing the ball in the first and second quarter...