Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a Brady fan but he is a very good q.b he knows how to win games,but A-rod I think besides knowing how to win games is tougher than Brady he is not afarid to run for a few yards or to get a t.d A-rod has the edge well for me he is the best becuse he is our q.b

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course right now Rodgers is playing at a higher level than Brady.
But in all liklihood Brady is now past his prime. Rodgers is likely just entering his prime years.
There are some pundits who feel Brady has been overrated in his career, even after his SB successes. Can't think of anyone who would seriously attempt to make a coherent argument that Rodgers is overrated.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently the better player is Aaron Rodgers. But in terms of careers thus far, I'd have to give that nod to Brady. Keep in mind Brady has been in the NFL a lot longer than Rodgers has and that influenced my decision on that. I think once in a future far far away, Rodgers will eventually surpass Brady in rankings. Rodgers is still young, he already has a SB under his title belt with the promise of more. As for this season, only time will tell. I think the best QBs will be Rodgers and Brady at the end of the season, the SB winner taking the MVP.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone else has said it so I might as well pile on. Right now 2011 best player in the entire NFL is Aaron Rodgers. If the NFL ended today who would make the HOF? Brady. plain and simple. But time is the only factor keeping Rodgers out. If he stays healthy he is very much on pace to join Canton.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not even close. Before the season started I said neck and neck. Since the season started there hasnt been a better player in the NFL

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laugh that Pats fans try and turn it into a career thing instead of just talking about now. They just dont want to admit the truth.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laugh that Pats fans try and turn it into a career thing instead of just talking about now. They just dont want to admit the truth.

The career thing is all they really have to go on right now. They don't have an argument to refute the comparison currently because there really isn't an argument. I will concede them the career, but only because Brady has been in the NFL longer. But right now, I don't even think Packer haters can deny that Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL right now. Brady is second best, though.

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the analysts should be comparing rodgers and brees because brees has undoubtedly put up better stats than brady throughout the years.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
the analysts should be comparing rodgers and brees because brees has undoubtedly put up better stats than brady throughout the years.

Stafford, of your Lions, isn't doing too bad himself. I wouldn't call him elite, but certainly his name should come up in a discussion of top QBs around the league.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, Rodgers is the best PLAYER in the league.

Brady has 3 rings and tons of postseason performances, though. Even though in projection Rodgers appears better, it's still not real.

Nobody in this century has achieved what Brady has.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
At this moment is time, Rodgers is playing better than Brady. If Aroge had Bradys line and could stand back there all day his numbers would be off the charts. IF Aroge continues this level of play for the duration that Brady has played, at the end of it I believe we may be talking about the one of the greatest quarterbacks ever. and hopefully he will have five or six rings in the end. But time will tell.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt I don't think the NFL has ever seen a QB like Aaron. I mean honestly, this kid throws the ball better than anybody in the NFL, he has great footwork, he extends plays with his feet and makes plays with his feet, extremely accurate, and he can throw the ball on the run extremely well.

This kid is an amazing player. Name me one person who can do that in the NFL. He's a combination of all great QBs:
+He has the confidence of Tom Brady
+Intelligence of Peyton Manning
+Accuracy of Drew Brees
+Is mobile although not a Vick, he can make plays with his feet

This kid is the real deal.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really? Do you happen to have a quote about this from dilfer? i thought dilfer hates rodgers haha

Actually, Rodgers and Dilfer are good friends -- they are both Jeff Tedford QBs, so Rodgers has known Dilfer for probably almost a decade now.

Watch this video:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line, is that both players have EXCEPTIONAL accuracy, but Rodgers can extend plays with his legs and Brady can't. So based off that fact right there, I give the edge to Rodgers.

Reaction score
Seriously? What is up with that one guy in the forum saying that Rodgers doesn't have as good of awareness in the pocket compared to Brady? That is what Rodgers is best at. Pocket awareness, making the guy miss, scramble out, throw on the run, and complete the pass.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Don't you think this is a conversation better answered when both QBs are finished with their respective careers? Only then can one get a baseline from which to start a comparison. Rodgers is really good, the total package. Brady is really good, the total package. Only time will tell who kept it together the best.

Besides, they both date mega hot women.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady was the unanimous regular season MVP last year. He had probably his best regular season ever. So you can't just laugh Brady out of the discussion. Rodgers has been the best in football since returning from the concussion last year, and Brady flopped in the playoffs the last two years, but still... Brady had 36 TDs to 4 INTs in the regular season last year, and won 14 games without a true deep threat. I take Rodgers right now, but I have Brady ranked as the #7 greatest QB of all time.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe there's 13 pages... you guys are REAL into it! And I like the respect I see from a lot of Pats fans on there. Thumbs up.

Reaction score
Don't you think this is a conversation better answered when both QBs are finished with their respective careers? Only then can one get a baseline from which to start a comparison. Rodgers is really good, the total package. Brady is really good, the total package. Only time will tell who kept it together the best.

Besides, they both date mega hot women.
Who does Rodgers date? Or do you mean when they date, they date hot women? lol

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yes and I would even place Aaron ahead of Manning if he was playing. Unless Manning was having one of his lights out seasons but even then it's tough.

Aaron is mobile AND can throw as well as or if better then Brady or any other QB.

Aaron has shown A LOT more in the playoffs the last few years over Brady too.

The Pats offense does not excite me nearly as much as the Packers offense.

And hate to go down the road but Aaron is still 27. You would be foolish not to take him in his prime over a 34 year old. Brady is still at the top but there is a new guy in town. Eventually the era dominated by Brady/Manning for QBs was going to slowly diminish.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? What is up with that one guy in the forum saying that Rodgers doesn't have as good of awareness in the pocket compared to Brady? That is what Rodgers is best at. Pocket awareness, making the guy miss, scramble out, throw on the run, and complete the pass.
Past perception.

Rodgers used to hold onto the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks. He still does it periodically, but, like everything in Rodgers, he worked ******* it and it's now one of his strenghts.

That's Rodgers' greatest ability: self-scouting.

The guy is amazing. He had troubles with 2 minute offense, now he's a master of it. He used to struggle with checkdowns, now just look at last game. He used to be predictable with the snapcount, now he regularly drives defenses offsides... Everything you see Rodgers doing is a result of perfectionism. Manning is another guy that is like that, but Manning is more of a maniac that will bark at others if they aren't as methodical as he is. Rodgers has that part more in control, though he has gotten into his teammates' faces a few times, and even him acknowledges he cannot do that in front of a crowd.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Nobody should read Patsfans.com. Unless they can help it. Really, save yourself the pain of reading that thread. I read like two posts and quickly exited.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt I don't think the NFL has ever seen a QB like Aaron. I mean honestly, this kid throws the ball better than anybody in the NFL, he has great footwork, he extends plays with his feet and makes plays with his feet, extremely accurate, and he can throw the ball on the run extremely well.

This kid is an amazing player. Name me one person who can do that in the NFL. He's a combination of all great QBs:
+He has the confidence of Tom Brady
+Intelligence of Peyton Manning
+Accuracy of Drew Brees
+Is mobile although not a Vick, he can make plays with his feet

This kid is the real deal.
And he's able to make comebacks and keep the Packers in the game like Joe Cool Montana.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody should read Patsfans.com. Unless they can help it. Really, save yourself the pain of reading that thread. I read like two posts and quickly exited.
I just see some posters say such nonsenses and omit some stats.

They talk about Brady's 2TDs games, like that is some measure of greatness... I could say that Rodgers has NEVER IN HIS CAREER thrown 3 picks.

They talk about Brady having more 20+ yards. But why not 40+ yards? Rodgers has 6 such plays (best in the league), Brady has 3.

And they say if it wasn't for the 4 ints... Why would they pretend it didn't happen?

Why they don't mention completion percentage? 71.7 (all-time record, if sustained) to 67.9 in favor of Rodgers.

They say that Brady is on pace to break Marino's record, so is Rodgers.

They talk about how Brady had never thrown a redzone pick at home before last game. Rodgers has only thrown 2 picks in the redzone ANYWHERE.

And the talk about how Rodgers doesn't do as much as Brady in the LOS is just nonsense. I don't think he's as good as Brady in it, but to say he's not even close is ludicrous. Rodgers has full control of the offense to change plays anytime he wants, and alter any route he wants.

Like I said, I do think Rodgers is playing better right now, specially if you consider skill set, but I don't see a problem with people saying that Brady is playing better, because Brady is one heck of a QB and he is playing incredibly.

But to omit stats to make a point is just petty.

Members online

Latest posts