Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many ways to look at it. Over a career its Tom Brady. Super Bowls, MVP's, records. But the thing with Rodgers is he is probably the most versatile QB, maybe player in the NFL. For better player, if your saying right now you might have to go Rodgers. Dilfer said that Rodgers is a combo of pretty much every great QB that has played since Elway. Strong arm, quick release, good speed running, super accurate.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
And the comparing wars begin. Oh the humanity, I really hate this.

Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL.

Enough said.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many ways to look at it. Over a career its Tom Brady. Super Bowls, MVP's, records. But the thing with Rodgers is he is probably the most versatile QB, maybe player in the NFL. For better player, if your saying right now you might have to go Rodgers. Dilfer said that Rodgers is a combo of pretty much every great QB that has played since Elway. Strong arm, quick release, good speed running, super accurate.
really? Do you happen to have a quote about this from dilfer? i thought dilfer hates rodgers haha

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is by far the best player in the NFL right now. Brady has the much better resume, but it isn't Rodgers fault he had to sit behind Brett and is not as old as Brady. I would take Rodgers over Brady in a heartbeat.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
really? Do you happen to have a quote about this from dilfer? i thought dilfer hates rodgers haha

Dilfer definatley does not hate rodgers. in fact its quite the opposite. Hes been in love with him for about the past year and a half. I think his man love for rodgers really began around the Atlanta game last year though. It even makes me a little annoyed the way dilfer talks of rodgers, cause sometimes he talks a little too highly of him. Dont get me wrong I love A-rod and I think hes the best qb/player in the NFL and will be for quite some time, but I hate when any player gets that man-love stuff like madden had for favre, for example.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is by far the best player in the NFL right now. Brady has the much better resume, but it isn't Rodgers fault he had to sit behind Brett and is not as old as Brady. I would take Rodgers over Brady in a heartbeat.
did rodgers really lose a ton of time sitting behind favre?

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dilfer definatley does not hate rodgers. in fact its quite the opposite. Hes been in love with him for about the past year and a half. I think his man love for rodgers really began around the Atlanta game last year though. It even makes me a little annoyed the way dilfer talks of rodgers, cause sometimes he talks a little too highly of him. Dont get me wrong I love A-rod and I think hes the best qb/player in the NFL and will be for quite some time, but I hate when any player gets that man-love stuff like madden had for favre, for example.
haahaha i know what you mean about madden for favre... that was sickening.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is kind of random... but, has rodgers ever faced a rex ryan led defense (particularly the jets of the past few years)?
If so, how did he perform?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's your answer in the form of a question of which one is better.
This year, who did the Pats lose to?
Who did the Packers lose to?
Who has the higher passing rating?
Who has thrown more picks?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Here's your answer in the form of a question of which one is better.
This year, who did the Pats lose to?
Who did the Packers lose to?
Who has the higher passing rating?
Who has thrown more picks?

And that is where Rodgers is truly the best player in the NFL.

Take any quarterback right now, and they cannot match to these numbers right here.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and for the record, let's compare Aaron right now to Brady

Only edge is yards, and that don't matter.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that is where Rodgers is truly the best player in the NFL.

Take any quarterback right now, and they cannot match to these numbers right here.

and for the record, let's compare Aaron right now to Brady

Only edge is yards, and that don't matter.

good post. To be fair in this analysis, however, brady threw FOUR pick in one game. That is more of an aberration (i.e. rarely ever happens to him). So for the sake of that... if brady did not have that 4 int game, and followed his "typical" standard game, him and rodgers would be tied this year imo. What do you guys think about that?

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? If Brady doesn't throw four picks they would be tied? I guess you are right. If Bert doesn't throw a pick in overtime, the Packers beat the Patriots in the Superbowl.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit that Brady is better overall with more wins, stats and all that other stuff.
At the moment, Rodgers is better.
He won the SB MVP as well as the SB.
And their winning streak continues from last year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good post. To be fair in this analysis, however, brady threw FOUR pick in one game. That is more of an aberration (i.e. rarely ever happens to him). So for the sake of that... if brady did not have that 4 int game, and followed his "typical" standard game, him and rodgers would be tied this year imo. What do you guys think about that?
They would be tied on paper though.
With Brady's one loss and Rodgers not having any, Rodgers would be better in that way.

There is always a way to say this is better than that because it's all opinion based on one's perspective and bias.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just a bad game by rodgers, or was it more due to the jets defense?
I'm becoming such an Aaron Rodgers fan that I wouldn't think of him having a bad game if he can get Mason within field goal range three times for the win.
Sanchez didn't get close enough for 'em to make even one.
In any case, if you're a Pat's fan, you should be very happy about that.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Rodgers 2011 > Brady 2011. The biggest argument I can find with this is the Patriots have the better O-Line, Packers have better receivers. I think Rodgers is having a great year so far, and does that TD's count for his rushing TD's? Something that gives him a huge nudge over Brady.

Members online