Is 5-11 good enough for this year

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we can still have a good season remember 2004? 1-4 for 1st five weeks ended 10-6

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steveGB said:
we can still have a good season remember 2004? 1-4 for 1st five weeks ended 10-6

i would like to agree with you, but its just not gonna happen.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earth to Packer fans... Earth to Packer fans...
How can anyone actually believe that the Packers can go 9-7 is beyond me.
They are 1-4 with their only win a 7 pointer over the sorry Lions.
They have been outscored 138-87 so stop with this nonsense about how close they are.
After going to Miami and then having Arizona at home, their next 4 games are against Buffalo, Minnesota, New England and Seattle. All 4 are better teams than the Packers and 3 of those games are on the road.
You have an exhalent chance of being 2-9 going into December and would still have to play the Vikings and then the Bears at Soldier Field.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i agree wit hyou for the most part but they are going to win the next 2 games.

I am not talking smack. I just don't see them doing a lot this year. Next year will be a better indicator of what direction they are going. With or without Favre.

They can win the next two games but Arizona has a lot of weapons on offense and the Packers D is giving up points by the bunch. Miami is a better team than they have shown but Culpepper was rushed back because of high expectations. He can not move around because of the leg and that is when he is at his best.
Splitting those two games is probally more realistic.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I am not talking smack. I just don't see them doing a lot this year. Next year will be a better indicator of what direction they are going. With or without Favre.

You summed it up nicely. I agree all the way. Next year is the year where we say what this team is going to do in the future. This year is just apart of the process.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
4packgirl said:
5-11 was my prediction from the beginning of the season. good enough? no way!! realistic? i think so. if we win 9 games, i'll take off my G's!!! :D

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

please win nine games, please win nine games, please win nine games, please win nine games, please win nine games, please please win nine games, win nine games, please win nine games, please please win nine games,win nine games! :lol:

LOL - i was wondering if anyone would catch that!! ;) :lol:

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-14 for the season. If that's what they do, then I win the "office" pool at a local watering establishment that is a Packer hangout. The prize is a $200 gift certificate to Home Depot. Com'on Packers....Bob needs a new Laser Mitre Saw. :D

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Earth to Packer fans... Earth to Packer fans...
How can anyone actually believe that the Packers can go 9-7 is beyond me.
They are 1-4 with their only win a 7 pointer over the sorry Lions.
They have been outscored 138-87 so stop with this nonsense about how close they are.
After going to Miami and then having Arizona at home, their next 4 games are against Buffalo, Minnesota, New England and Seattle. All 4 are better teams than the Packers and 3 of those games are on the road.
You have an exhalent chance of being 2-9 going into December and would still have to play the Vikings and then the Bears at Soldier Field.

Agreed this will be very, very bad season, I said before 1-15 or 2-14 seems right, now after I have wittnesed that this team is as bad as it gets and I have seen that we have the worst coaching staff in the NFL I will be glad if we end 2-14.

Great Job TT !!!!, please be honest and resign, by the way take Mickey Mac with you..

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5-11 is not acceptable, and it should not be to fans or to those inside the building at 1265 Lombardi. Howver, it is about the middle of realistic expectations(4-8 wins) headed into the season.

I agree with Porky, in that I need to see a foundation being built this year with a number of new starters, a new coaching staff, new blocking scheme, etc. and dividends need to become apparent next year.

Three drafts, three FA classes should be enough time to mold the roster to a competitive team on the upswing in the division. If we see no progress and live through another 3-5 win it is definately time to wonder if TT is the right man for the job.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
their is alot of football left ot be played. every week their is some part of this team that gets better.

i agree with spardo62 5 wins is not acceptable.

i think one of the biggest reasons we are loseing games is because of the d and us not being able to keep the lead.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami becomes a very big game for us. Coming off the bye week rested hopefully some of the guys that are nicked up will be ready. A win here sets up a possible run and is important in keeping some of the vets from letting up which could happen at 1-5.

We play three in a row against teams that are not of the caliber of those we have lost to so far. If we can get it done we could go into Minny 4-4 with a three game win streak.

The Pats, Lions, Vikes, and Jets at home and the game at San Fran are winnable ballgames. If we don't keep blowing games we should win a winning season is still possible.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Philtration said:

You summed it up nicely. I agree all the way. Next year is the year where we say what this team is going to do in the future. This year is just apart of the process.

AHHHHHH....the built in excuse!!!!

That's bull. If they don't show improvement this year, the process needs to be started over by someone else.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
Philtration said:

That's bull. If they don't show improvement this year, the process needs to be started over by someone else.

It's not an excuse, it's an opinion.

Most teams give 3 years to rebuild and this case shouldn't be any different. Should the Browns fired Crennel now? Should the Bears have made a change in their front office? Should the 49ers make a change? What about college programs and recruiting? Should they go after 2 years of recruiting? That’s hardly fair. 2 years is not long enough to get your guys on the field when they are ready. Most teams give at least 3 years and I agree that is enough time to build a team that can compete. 2 years is not enough especially when your rebuilding.

It takes time to build a team. Just because it's not your way doesn't mean it's not the right way. General consensus gives at least 3 seasons and if there is no improvement after 3 seasons then it's time for a change.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
Philtration said:

I'm sure you would love that Depack but it has about a 1-1000 shot of happening so suck it up and enjoy the ride before your bus stops.

Ahhhh.... youth. What a pleasant fragrance it is. Add a few pedals of experience and the aroma surrounding us is becomes familar to all....victory.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky...I'm not saying fire him if we are 6-10. I'm saying if we are not headed in the right direction by the end of the year we need to make changes. Two years is enough to show that the team is improving. SO FAR they haven't shown that but they have alot of football left. Drafting starters is great, but drafting starters that can win is what you are looking for. I really don't see a better roster than we had in 2004. I see a younger roster but that is it.

I really hope that we put together a winning streak and TT stays because there will be a better chance that Brett "Jesus in cleats" Favre will stick around. I really believe that the drafting of Aaron Rodgers will be the downfall of TT but we'll see. When Favre retires, we take another step backwards.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Porky...I'm not saying fire him if we are 6-10. I'm saying if we are not headed in the right direction by the end of the year we need to make changes. Two years is enough to show that the team is improving. SO FAR they haven't shown that but they have alot of football left. Drafting starters is great, but drafting starters that can win is what you are looking for. I really don't see a better roster than we had in 2004. I see a younger roster but that is it.

That is your opinion. Don't take mine or others as if we're making excuses. We all want to win. Let's agree to disagree. You think 2 years. I think 3 years. That's not a huge difference when you think about it.

I really hope that we put together a winning streak and TT stays because there will be a better chance that Brett "Jesus in cleats" Favre will stick around. I really believe that the drafting of Aaron Rodgers will be the downfall of TT but we'll see. When Favre retires, we take another step backwards.

I agree with you. TT's job is attached to Rodgers in my opinion. If A-Rod prevails Green Bay should move forward with him. If he's another Joey "The Bust" Harrington then GB will take a huge step back.

With all this said I think TT is going to be here until Rodgers sees the field. So Favre coming back might actually be buying TT some more time. That would be a logical explanation to why TT wants Favre back.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll agree with you. If Favre comes back it will be because he sees improvement and hope. If he thinks this team is going in the wrong direction I don't think he will come back. I would love for TT to be here for the next 10 years. My ONLY prerequisite for TT is that we are improving and have hope for the next season. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Members online

Latest posts