Is 5-11 good enough for this year

Packerbacker04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think? It would be an improvement from last year but I dont see us winning many games with the way we have been playing. I hate going against a good offense tommorow.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'v stated before that I think next year is Judgement Year so to speak for the Packers future especially if Favre retires and we finally get a look at Rodgers. If they go 5-11 this year I can deal with it and live. Rome wasn't built in a day. If they go 5-11 again the following season then something is wrong and changes are needed.

So in my opinion this is the last year for this team to rebuild.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the Heck is 5-and 11 an improvement over 4 and 12?

5 wins or 4 either way you are not in the playoffs so the season is over.

There is a thing called the Draft. There is a thing called draft position.

4 and 12 is much better than 5-11.

However.... There is also a thing called drafting well. Hmmm??? Come to think about it, forget about what I just typed herein.

5 and 11 in 2006/2007 feels better than 4 and 12 if you blow the draft.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
How the Heck is 5-and 11 an improvement over 4 and 12?

5 wins or 4 either way you are not in the playoffs so the season is over.

There is a thing called the Draft. There is a thing called draft position.

4 and 12 is much better than 5-11.

However.... There is also a thing called drafting well. Hmmm??? Come to think about it, forget about what I just typed herein.

5 and 11 in 2006/2007 feels better than 4 and 12 if you blow the draft.

Good point about not being in the Playoffs. I would take it a step farther to the Super Bowl. I honeslty dont care if we are 0-16 or 16-0 and go on to loose the super bowl. The goal is the super bowl. Anything short of it is a failure.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well there schedule slows down a little but it builds back up to tough teams and I can see a gould 7-9 still

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how is a loseing record good????

im sure we can win more that 5 games this year.

i dont wat to see anything less than 7-9 this year.

and next year i want to see 10+ wins.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
how is a loseing record good????

im sure we can win more that 5 games this year.

i dont wat to see anything less than 7-9 this year.

and next year i want to see 10+ wins.
I agree 7-9 sounds good but how about 8-8 or 9-7...and next year they should be well on enough for 10+ wins, I hope.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5-11 was my prediction from the beginning of the season. good enough? no way!! realistic? i think so. if we win 9 games, i'll take off my G's!!! :D

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect much better than 5-11, but it's too early to put a number on it. I would love to see this team make a run at the playoffs. Next year is when the team needs to show some definite improvement in terms of wins and losses.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone please tell what four teams the Packers will beat! 5-11 is a stretch, 3-13 is a bit more realistic.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every sign of improvement is good!

I don't care about draft position, if you want your team to go 4 - 12 instead of 5 - 11 because you think you get a better player in the draft, if you want your team to lose, you're not a fan. I'm sorry, but I want the Packers to win EVERY game.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and btw, you can get a quality players in the draft regardless of draft position, you will get at least 1 quality player per draft if you know a little how to judge talent.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The roster is a mess. We don't have many players who could start on the real good teams. We have quite a few starters who might not even be good backup players on the good teams. Wouldn't Fischer look good in our backfield right now? 5 and 11 is never ok, just like 4-12 wasn't last year, but it's part of the rebuilding process.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
The roster is a mess. We don't have many players who could start on the real good teams. We have quite a few starters who might not even be good backup players on the good teams. Wouldn't Fischer look good in our backfield right now? 5 and 11 is never ok, just like 4-12 wasn't last year, but it's part of the rebuilding process.

God, what's the fuzz about Fisher? He got his chance to start last year and didn't even beat an undrafted rookie fumbler named Gado, and he sure wouldn't beat Morency. So no, Fisher wouldn't look good in our backfield.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed about fisher. this fan base gets attatched to players greatly... and thats awesome, thats what makes this team. the fact that we love every player probally too much. However

when we start worryin about a guy like tony fisher its gone too far. Hes gone. its time to start falling in love with good ol Vernand people. hes the Green Bay Packer now... and hes WAY WAY better than fisher already.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually Packnic is right, Morency is way better than Fisher!

Just look at their season stats:

Tony Fisher: 4 carries, 9 yards, 2.3 avg, 0 TDs

Vernand Morency: 34 attempts, 113 yards, 3.4 avg, 0 TDs
s

Vernand Morency has started 1 game.

Fisher stats last season on 4 starts + 10 games:

60 carries, 173 yards, 2.9 avg, 1 TD

hmm do we miss him, nope! He's not better than a street FA.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
5-11 was my prediction from the beginning of the season. good enough? no way!! realistic? i think so. if we win 9 games, i'll take off my G's!!! :D

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

please win nine games, please win nine games, please win nine games, please win nine games, please win nine games, please please win nine games, win nine games, please win nine games, please please win nine games,win nine games! :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
packedhouse01 said:

God, what's the fuzz about Fisher? He got his chance to start last year and didn't even beat an undrafted rookie fumbler named Gado, and he sure wouldn't beat Morency. So no, Fisher wouldn't look good in our backfield.

I thought Noah Herron just proved he is a legit fit for the system. I'd like to see Heron as the starter and Green as the 3rd down back this year. In my opinion Green is just done. He doesn't have it no more and Herron I think had a coming out party this week. Morency is a good player as well but the fumbles are just to much to handle.

Fisher is a pure 3rd down back. Nothing more and nothing less.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I want is for the pack to get a Rb and have the stats Ahman did in 2003 when he rushed for 1883 yards but i want a RB that is know for holding onto the ball i dont want to watch anymore rbs that cant hold onto the ball, we all have watched Green fumble so much and it has cost us games i hate it and i do not want a rb that fumbles that much

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts