1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is 4 SB titles more impressive than 13 WC titles to the general public?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by VersusTheMoose, Feb 6, 2011.

1. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    I have been holding this question in all week (very superstitious person). Do you think the 4th Super Bowl title is more impressive to the non-Packer fan out there, or does the 13 World Championship titles still hold more of an impact.

Honestly, I think the 4th SB title means more to non-Packer fans. 12 and now 13 are often looked at as, yeah but..it was before the merger, there were less teams, it was generations ago, and it wasn't called teh sUpER BOwL.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the 13 time World Champion Green Bay Packers (so fun to type, you should try it), but I think I have a point. Feel free to correct away.

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    To young people the SB means more, but to older people and educated people who enjoy NFL history the 13 means more. imo

• Like Like x 2
  3. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    hey, I'm only 27 and very much appreciate the 13 NFL Championships...it's getting the idiots out there to except non-Super Bowl Championships as legit that is the biggest pain in the ***

• Like Like x 1
  4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Since 13>4 I would think the 13 will sound awesome to anyone.

Of course the non-Packers fans will argue about how 9 of them don't matter. But that's they're problem.
    The NFL recognizes all the champ. wins and that's all that really matters.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    13 world championships, no question.

6. y5nthon5a

y5nthon5a Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm 18 but keep pointing out that while the Steelers have the most Superbowl wins, the Packers have the most championship wins overall in NFL history.

7. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    13 championships mean more without a question

• Like Like x 2
  8. Saint Jack

Saint Jack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    From an outsiders perspective, I look at it two ways. For the modern state of a franchise I look at Super Bowls (Saints were founded the first Super Bowl, I know a bit hommerish but anyway) and I include the 13 championships when I look at the whole history of the Packers. Shows domminance throught te history of the team.
    Just my 2 cents

9. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
  10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Who cares what other people think?

We have 13 pro football championships. We have 4 SBs. And many more to come.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    that list is a crock of ****. Its worth less because there were less teams? do team get penalized for not winning anything when it was easy? **** like that pisses me off. Steelers fans just trying to make excuses.

12. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    The guy is the biggest troll on the internet I swear. Him and his followers over there. It's so bad I couldn't discuss football there anymore.

Here's another one of his recent threads.. LOL

STEELERS WIN XLV, I GUARANTEE IT!!! - CBSSports.com Message Boards

13. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
  14. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
  15. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    If you accept that the NFL represents excellence in professional football, then you accept that every NFL Championship is equally important, regardless of the year it is won. Why the league allows talk about the "Super Bowl" era is beyond me. It's a totally artificial, ignorant take on the NFL and its history.

After we've won our 16th Championship it will be a moot point I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    The Definitive Championship List - CBSSports.com

This list and the analysis behind it makes as much sense as saying Revolutionary War veterans are less important than Gulf War veterans because of the "quality of competition". Absolutely ridiculous.

17. A-Rod_is_God

A-Rod_is_God Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I love letting all of the ignorant Steelers fans who say "It's okay, we have 2 more than you!" know that the Packers have now won 13 World Championships hahahhh

18. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    a lot of non packer fans will argue that "their team wasn't around back then" and could have done just as well.. blah ... blah... blah... lol

19. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    I have a friend who is a Cowboys fan and he always uses "Five Super Bowls..." and "Our stadium is worth more than your franchise" etc. I like the NFL Championships, but I do not use them. I think if we go by Super Bowls, then we should use it. We NOW HAVE FOUR, so lets just use that and keep motivated to get to #7 in the new RODGERS ERA!

20. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Why not just say the Packers got one super bowl in the millennium era because there are 32 teams now. Packers got all 13 Championships through their history, a great accomplishment for an organization. What I hate is that Steelers are one of the older teams in the league and if they would of won one Championship back then the whole SB argument would be null and void.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +81
    You know, we have 13 now but slamming the guys who played real football in the old days to elevate the modern players is sort of like saying the guys who fought in Vietnam were better than the WWII combat Vets.

22. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491
    WWII doesn't count because Alaska and Hawaii were not states yet, and it was pre-merger. :snack: