1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

IronMan

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, May 5, 2008.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packerforum name: IronMan
    Current City: Springfield, MO
    Hometown: Sweet Springs, MO

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I have always admired Brett Favre's consecutive start streak. That, plus the way I was raised, is a big reason why I have never called in sick to work for any reason. I got my first real job when I was 16, and I have never missed a day of work since. Theres not a lot of people I know that can say that, and its something I'm really proud of.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

My Dad was in the Army and we moved quite a few times. I think I went to 10 different schools on 12 years. We lived in Missouri, Oklahoma, Alabama, Texas, and Germany. In Germany, we were stationed at Bad Kissingen. It is no longer a military base, and has not been since the reunification of Germany in 1993. We lived there from 1982-1986. I enjoyed it there and I really miss the currywurst and bratwurst stands they would have on just about every street corner. Yummy!

We lived in El Paso, TX in the late 80s and moved to Springfield, MO in 1990, and I haved lived in this area ever since.

I have an older sister. She is 32.

I don't have any kids and do not plan on having any. I have a very low tolerance for B.S., and there's a lot of B.S. that goes along with raising kids. At a previous job, I once fired 13 people in about a years time. Mostly for calling in sick too much or just not doing their job. And I know if your kids disobey you, you can't just fire them and get new ones. LOL. I love my neice and nephews to death, but raising children just isn't for me.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I never tried out for the school team, but I played basketball just about every day when I was in Jr. High/Highscool.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

When I first got my drivers liscense, and driving to St Louis to watch the Cardinals. My friends and I went to to several games when I was 16-20. The first game I went to, Big Hittin' Mark Whiten hit a 472 foot home run off John Franco to win the game. I remember screaming in celebration, and all my friends looking at me like I was crazy.

Also, just hanging out, and playing basketball with friends. Good times.

5) What was your first job?

When I was 12, my Dad hauled gravel, and sand, for a side job when we lived in El Paso. I helped him shovel and got paid $5 a load. Yeah, we actually sold sand to people in El Paso, TX! My Dad definitely taught me all about hard work. Any job I have had after working for him has been a breeze. My Dad was a hard-a$$, but he is a big reason for any success that I have had in life.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

When I lived in El Paso TX, in the late 80's, I watched the UTEP Miners play Southern Miss in the Independence Bowl one year. Southern Miss had a quarterback by the name of Brett Favre. After watching him sling the ball all over the field, I was hooked. I have followed Brett and the Packers ever since.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

In 1999, when the Packers played the Vikings at Lambeau, they trailed 20-16 with just a few minutes left. Favre (with a badly sprained thumb)drove the Packers down the field, and on a 4th and 1 at the Vikings 23 yard line, with time running down, Favre hit Corey Bradford for the touchdown and the win. Favre was so exhausted after the game the training staff had to give him oxygen on the sideline. He left it all on the field that day, as he did for 16 years.

8.) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

I found out about pf.com from a few people at Brett Favre's website. This is a fun place to hang out at. I just like talking football, the arguments, the fun banter with rival fans, Fuzznuts creating a new screen name every few months and getting banned, the photoshopping, good times.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

The St. Louis Cardinals, Springfield Cardinals(St Louis double a team), Missouri St. Bears, and I still follow the UTEP Miners from time to time.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Playing guitar. Sleeping and working.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Well, not necessarily being part of the Packers organization, but I wish I could have been at Lambeau in 2003 when the Packers beat the Broncos, and they announced that the Vikings had choked. That must have been crazy. Thank you Nate Poole!

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

One. Last December, when the Packers played the Lions. The game wasn't all that great, as it was pretty much meaningless. But the whole Green Bay experience was a blast. I can't wait to go back.

13) What is your worst fear?

Going broke. About 5 years ago, the company I was working for went out of business and I was pretty much down to nothing. It was a horrible feeling having to borrow money from my Mom just to pay my rent. I quickly rebounded and decided that I was never going to let that happen again.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Playing guitar, watching the Packers

15) What’s your favorite food?

Porterhouse T-Bone with A-1 sauce. And cherry cheesecake.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

See #2.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

I hope to be in Canton, Ohio, when #4 gets inducted into the Hall of Fame.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I like it right where I am. The summers aren't too hot and the winters aren't too cold. That, and I've already had my share of moving.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.

- Brett Favre. No one has ever played with the passion and enthusiasm that Brett did. He is far and away my favorite athlete of all time.

- Sterling Sharpe. While he wasn't very media friendly, he was one the most talented wide recievers to ever play in the NFL. Its too bad injuries cut his career short

- Chad Clifton. I admired the way he handled the whole Warren Sapp situation. It takes one tough SOB to come back from an injury like that.

- Reggie White. I still remember him tossing that right tackle around like a rag doll in SB XXXI. Poor Max Lane.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

It has to be when Vikesrule lost the bet and had to change his signature and avatar. "I heart #4" LOL And I plan on making the same bet this year, and hopefully winning again. And if I lose, I will try be be a good sport just like Vikesrule was.

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

I hope I didn't disappoint. I would like to thank Vikesrule again for the nomination, and everyone at pf.com for making this a fun place to be.

22) Who do you nominate to be the next PF Interview?

Doddpower.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, yeah I blame the communists.

In all seriousness, what with AADP becoming forgetfull and apparently incompetent in his early 20s, I wonder what the future holds for old AADP. :-?

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Its not your fault. You're Canadian. :lol:

4. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Great read Midwest. Great contributor as well.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I second that opinion! :D
    Hey....if you like brats that much.....move to Wisconsin! We have them here all the time!
    I still have 2 packages of smoked venison cheese brats in the freezer from the deer i got last year!
    (I've been trying to make them last through the summer........but i'm afraid they won't last that long!) :wink:

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks guys. Mmmmmmmm cheese brats...(in my best Homer Simpson voice)

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats funny......i can HEAR it in Homer's voice!! :lol:

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Nice read Ironman... no patience for BS eh... I can relate to a point, kids are a handful.

Gotta love a good grilled brat.. or better yet a grilled brat the following day after it has sit in the fridge for a night.. some food just seems to taste better the day after.. a brat is good either way. ;)

9. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great interview Midwest! By not having kids you dont miss them, but if you have them, they are everything to you and then more. I am a proud as can be Mom and I dedicated my life to be the best Mom that I could be and so far as I can see I have done my job. :)

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I can't believe you'd ruin a perfectly good steak by adding something to it other than salt.

11. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    BTW.. thanks for the Brat idea.. last night I stopped on the way home and brought a package of brats, grilled them. Excellent!

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Now i have this picture of Bob, standing with a bright light shining on the brats, saying "Where were you on May 4th, at 2am???"

(Get it??? "GRILLING" them???) :lol:

13. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    IronMan Wrote:

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

I hope I didn't disappoint.

No Sir.... You did not disappoint. Nice job. I enjoyed reading about you.

R.P.

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. You must have an iron constitution.

I'll go a year without getting sick, but the next year, I'll get the flu and can't move.

Good. One gripe I have with the younger generation is they want things without working for them. Bunch of whiners, I say.

And a good thing that you realized parenting isn't for you. Way too many people out there that are parents that shouldn't be. Another one of my constant gripes.

By the way, you named four Packers instead of five. Who's the fifth? Donald Driver? Aaron Kampman? Nick Barnett?

Also, what kind of guitar do you play? You have an acoustic or electric (or both)? You play any Heavy Metal?

Nice read. Enjoyed reading about you.

15. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, it isn't that I never get sick. I just figure if I can walk, and drive, I can go to work.

I only have an acoustic. I have had this Alvarez for about 10 years.

[​IMG]

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sweet.
    I always wished i could play the guitar. I just don't have what it takes to do that though. My brother was self taught, and could play the electric and 12 string acoustic guitar. He was REALLY good at it. He had 2 bands back in the 1960's. I can sing good, but just can't play the guitar. It always amazed me how people can sing AND play at the same time.

17. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    We could start our own band.
    "Iron Cheesey"
    "Midwest Cheese"
    "Cheesey and the Man"
    "Cheesewest"

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Iron Cheese

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I love ALL the band names! It would be a blast to jam together! (Even to "jelly" together!)
    I have my own "Singing Machine" here in the bedroom. Got a couple karaoke CD's. When my wife's at work, sometimes i'll just sit here and sing.

20. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    "Green" Man Group.. one problem... everyone would have to shave their heads like Trippster.. :lol:

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    (Did I say no?) :lol:

22. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Not a problem. There is nothing to shave. Come on Cheesey, its only hair. :lol:

[​IMG]

23. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Your......BALD!?!?!?! :shock: :lol:
    If you wanna see me like that......better get the ol' "photo shop" up and running!!! :lol: