1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Iowa HS wrestler default match with girl, honest!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by OldSchoolFan, Feb 17, 2011.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Either he's gay or he's Andy Kaufmann reincarnated or both.
    A chance to pin down a girl plus to "accidentally" feel her in certain spots wouldn't be passed up by any straight teenage boys.

• Like Like x 2
  3. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    I like what the kid did. I am a former wrestler in the state of Iowa and thankfully I never had to wrestle a girl. I have seen two guys lose to a girl because they were nervous about being too physical. I dont think girls should wrestle, its a joke...

4. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I am by no mean sexist, and want my daughters EVERY advantage that a guy has...

However...

I agree with you 100%. This kid pulled an A Rodgers and took the high road.

My daughters in wrestling?, no way. ..

Can you imagine some of these "big mamas" in there heavyweight class? They would look like guards from Purdue.

5. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Here she is:

[​IMG]

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    My freshman year of hs my friend had to wrestle a girl. We hounded him (he was a junior or senior, cant remember) all week about it and said he was going to get his *ss whooped by a girl blah blah blah. Anyways we were all walking to the gym to watch the match and everyone came storming out freaking out. Dude broke her neck.

reguardless I think women should be able to wrestle. I used to box at a gym in my area and there was this girl there that used to box as well. pound for pound the toughest person I have ever met. There was some story floating around about her getting attacked by a pitbull and punching it to death when it attacked her while she was riding her bike to the gym. Never asked her about it but it wouldnt surprise me.

7. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Those singlets hide nothing. If he became.... excited.... about wrestling this girl during the match it'd be the kind of embarrassment you'd have to leave town over.

So, I don't blame him.

8. BoilerUp

BoilerUp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Hey if they played like the guards from Purdue, they'd be pretty damn good then!!:D

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Unless they wrestle with each other.

10. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Bravo...well played! :taunt:

11. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    There are not as many as people think. Of all the meets and tournaments i was in I think there were two girls - compared to about 300 guys. It is not a girl sport. If a girl can wrestle, a guy can play girls basketball... EXACT SAME THING.

12. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Yeah, the arguement is that since there is no female equivalent they can wrestle.

I think its BS.

If I am wrestling with a girl its because we are about to do a Mountain Bomb after a kickass Pumphandle Drop! (In Bed!)

13. Munch

Munch NFL Owner

Ratings:
    +104
    I'm a wrestling coach up here in Canada and to be quite honest the female division is very tough. The females only wrestle females and the division is quite strong with thousands of girls joining every year. Some of the toughest athletes I've had are female. I had a girl where every other match her shoulder would dislocate and we would call time and pop it back into place and she would continue and win. She was 5' and 110lbs tough as nails. I've been in the sport for over 25 years and have seen it all and I'm very proud to coach male and female athletes at the international level.
    If my boys refused to wrestle anyone boy, girl he wouldn't be wrestling for me very long as that's the way we practice. A training partner is a training partner and a match is just like anyother.

• Like Like x 3
  14. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    The wrestlers always used to tell us basketball players that you needed balls to wrestle. Now you need balls not to wrestle. funny.

15. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    This is more stupid than tough. If she were making millions of dollars as a professional you might understand it. But she's a child who needs someone giving her some good advice. You could have been the one.

16. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +508
    He was probably afraid this was going to happen

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT4sW26FMSQ]YouTube - Moonsault Double Stomp[/ame]

17. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I had to fight a girl in a karate tournament. Was the worst thing ever! Either I had to whoop her ***, or get humiliated in front of thousands of guys if I went soft and didn't fight back lol

18. Munch

Munch NFL Owner

Ratings:
    +104
    This is more stupid than tough. If she were making millions of dollars as a professional you might understand it. But she's a child who needs someone giving her some good advice. You could have been the one.

Not every sport do you get paid millions of dollars to do the thing you love. Sometimes it's not about money or fame it's doing it for yourself. It was only after multiple conversations with her parents and physician about her shoulder that this is what she wanted to do that we let it continue. she knew her career would only last her high school years so in that short span of 4 years she was determined to be the best.
    My own career ended short because of an injury so don't think that I took liberties with an athlete without laying out all options for her.

• Like Like x 1
  19. joshsup17

joshsup17 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I wrestled in high school and had a teacher that was a volleyball coach, she believed very much that the girls should have a chance to wrestle, but every time i asked if i could join the volleyball team she just laughed. It is a double standard, they just don't wanna piss the girls off. I could understand if there were enough women for a girls team, but at least here in nebraska the girl wrestlers are few and far between.

20. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    This is the type of reasoning that athletes use to justify taking PEDs so they can "be the best", even though there are good medical (and legal) reasons not to do so. Responsible adults should point out the error in their thinking. Just my opinion.

21. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    We had a girl on our high school wrestling team. I had to practice against her from time to time as she was close to my weight class but not exactly the same. Its only as big of a deal as you make it.