iOL Discussion

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OTs get a ton of the chatter when circulating around draft talk...and honestly deserve it. However, that said what iOL guys are on folks radars?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we all know I'm more of a find a gem type guy so I'll get the discussion started in the first comment with no one that I feel will see 3rd round or higher...5th or later gems here:

iOL Darryl Williams out of Mississippi State - We hit a homerun with Jenkins so let's dip into that same well again...and to be fair it was watching tape on Jenkins that Williams caught my eye sometimes. Williams is a long tenured starter with guard and center experience. His technique isn't the real issue but his soft anchor and at times seemingly willingness to concede ground is concerning. His punch must enhance...but in the later rounds this is a kid I'd definitely want to take a pick on. I think 6th round or so.

C/iOL Jake Hanson out of Oregon - When I look to find that Center to replace Linsley I want a mobile and experience Center that isn't shy on the communication side of things. Hanson checks all those boxes for me personally. His big negative is he is not a pancake power blocker, his zone scheme blocking of steering people and/or being where he is supposed to be he excels at...making a hole through someone not so much. Started 49 games at Center...and did not allow a sack over his first three seasons, which was over 2,700 snaps. I personally have him graded in that 5th-7th range...many say 6th top shelf...I think perhaps 5th may happen.

iOL/C Gage Cervenka out of Clemson - Has played guard and center for Dabo and his strength is IMMENSE. His strength was his crutch leaned on to overcome some of his technique shortcomings and footwork. A raw but promising prospect, whose strength is such that offensive line coaches would drool over the chance to maybe craft something out of him. Personally I'm in the same camp as Hanson...wouldn't shock me if someone reached on him in the 5th but he most likely goes 6th/7th IMO personally.

Honorable Mention:

OL Tyre Phillips out of Mississippi State - Only a one year starter, but his size and frame and promise from a young age at guard transferred him to a reserve left tackle in 2018...to full time LT in 2019 starting every game. I put him on this thread merely because he was a guard...and I don't see him working out at a Tackle position in the NFL. 7th round or UDFA...this dude has boom or bust written all over him IMO.

Last edited:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Cushenberry III. Im not sure if we are willing to give up a second round for him, but if we do - we have our interior OL set for the future.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Cushenberry III. Im not sure if we are willing to give up a second round for him, but if we do - we have our interior OL set for the future.

There are kinda three guys at various levels of the draft that I envision as Linsley replacements for the future (not a fan of us spending on a next contract to him) include Cushenberry.

You are 100% right you will not see him get past the 2nd round IMO and many pundits have him going in the first it seems.

I have Cushenberry and Cesar Ruiz on nearly the same level, but Ruiz appears to be a touch more polished but both are excellent and I expect starters in the NFL.

Darryl Williams is my mid ranger.

Jake Hanson is mid/late ranger.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OTs get a ton of the chatter when circulating around draft talk...and honestly deserve it. However, that said what iOL guys are on folks radars?

Netane Muti, OG, Fresno State.

The guy put up 44 reps on the bench at the combine just three shy of the record,
PFF is also really high on him he's their IOL1.
And his highlight's that I found on youtube are pretty impressive.

He does have a bit of a injury history though something to keep in mind, still all things considered I'd take him in round 2 or 3.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The guy put up 44 reps on the bench at the combine just three shy of the record,

He does have a bit of a injury history though something to keep in mind, still all things considered I'd take him in round 2 or 3.

Yeah I didn't list just cuz I like you think he is gone by the 4th. He isn't one of the top 2 though in my opinion but I concur he deserves the argument.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He has a lot of an injury history.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Some later round developmental guys that interest me:
  • Matt Hennessy, Temple (C/G)
  • Nick Harris, Washington (C)
  • Jack Driscoll, Auburn (G/OT)
  • Jon Runyan, Michigan (G/OT)
  • Cohl Cabral, Arizona State (C/G)
  • Tremayne Anchrum, Clemson (G)
  • Danny Pinter, Ball State (G/C)
For this offense, I am primarily targeting movement skills and the ability to engage and remain engaged on the move.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gage Cervenka was the prospect of choice last night to watch some footage of. I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of his. Would love it if we have the picks to snag him late. I truly think he will start at some point in his rookie contract.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonah Jackson - Priority Day 2/Day 3 G prospect
Jack Driscoll - RT who may need to move inside
Matt Hennessy - Solid C/G Prospect
Daryl Williams - Solid C/G Prospect
Yasir Durant - RT who may need to move inside
Trey Adams - Injuries may require him to move inside.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonah Jackson - Priority Day 2/Day 3 G prospect
Jack Driscoll - RT who may need to move inside
Matt Hennessy - Solid C/G Prospect
Daryl Williams - Solid C/G Prospect
Yasir Durant - RT who may need to move inside
Trey Adams - Injuries may require him to move inside.

Trey Adams at 6'8 would be at a significant disadvantage playing inside.

Are there any iOL that tall? I can't think of any.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers tend to draft OLs under 6'6" but they take fliers in late round. I agree most guards arent that tall.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There are about 10 Guards in the NFL are 6'6, Kyle Long, Ethan Pocic, and Andrew Norvell are among them. It's somewhat of a stretch but it could work. Or maybe Center?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are about 10 Guards in the NFL are 6'6, Kyle Long, Ethan Pocic, and Andrew Norvell are among them. It's somewhat of a stretch but it could work. Or maybe Center?

Can't imagine his height helps him at all at Center.

To me, he's an outside player only. He's not going to get fewer injuries playing inside, and his size/athleticism doesn't lend itself to the inside very well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Trey Adams' shot in the league centers around some of his pre-injuries athleticism returning. He isn't going to play anything but tackle, and if he doesn't regain some juice, he's probably not going to play anything at all.

Members online

Latest posts