Interviewees

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think anyone that has been interviewed by Thompson has asked him the golden question? Is Brett Favre coming back? That would be a tough call. On the one hand, you know Thompson is tired of hearing it and it is probably a pretty touchy subject. On the other hand, if you don't ask it, it may seem like you are not interested in the subject.

Along the same line of thinking do you think any of these guys will use the "Favre card" during the interview. "I'm close to Brett....I think I can convince him to come back". Depending on what TT really wants that one could backfire on you.

MSMOLLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting theory. I would think that the interviewee would ask if Brett was coming back b/c that would change the direction in which the offense is headed. Why do you think that using the 'favre card' would backfire?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think it's somewhat irrelevant. Brett is going to retire soon, either this offseason or the next offseason. The real question these guys should be asking is whether they're sold on Rodgers being an NFL QB. He's going to be the QB in the very near future and any potential HC candidate better like him because he's going to get an opportunity to start for the Green Bay Packers in the next two or three seasons essentially tying the HC's fate to Rodgers'.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MSMOLLY said:
Interesting theory. I would think that the interviewee would ask if Brett was coming back b/c that would change the direction in which the offense is headed. Why do you think that using the 'favre card' would backfire?

IF TT doesn't want Favre back, I thought it could backfire. Maybe he doesn't want anybody trying to convince Brett to stick around. I said IF....that is purely speculation on my part. I don't want this to turn into a "TT wants him/ no he doesn't" thread.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point DePack. I am not sure TT really wants Favre back because he was Pro Sherman plus costs a lot of money. I would rather have Favre than TT myself. Favre could play another 5 years if he wanted but my bet is he will retire since the talent around him is not there. However, we do have some good young players to build with like Gado, Walker, Collins, Carroll, Burnett and Kampman. Rodgers has to develop and we really need to start working on replacing the OL.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that would be a tough one to deal with in an interview! i don't think they'd need to come right out & ask though. maybe just say "what direction do you see the organization going in over the next 5 years?" then see what TT has to say. of course, that could also be a question TT might ask the interviewees!! i wish he'd just hire somebody already & get all the speculation at least about the HC over with!! then it'll be all about favre again until HE makes a decision! i feel like i'm on pins & needles all the time now!!!

Members online

Latest posts