Interview with Polamalu after winning AP DPOY

chucktownsteeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy is a very special person and player. I am glad we all have a chance to watch this once in a life-time person.

ChucktownSteeler

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I liked this tweet from Polamalu:

Similar to what Brady said when asked about what he thought about the MVP - Individual awards in team sports make no sense. Michael Vick's answer, on the other hand was, "I'd vote for me... Put my name on it".

Personally, I think Matthews should have gotten the DPOY, but congrats to Troy. He's been passed over for it many years, and better him than someone like Harrison.

Bart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well polamalu is a really cool guy and a great player and id gotta admit, that i fear him a little when we meet him in SB, but like JBlood says, then i neither would trade Matthews for him

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for congratulating Troy. He's a really wonderful part of our team and we're proud to have him in the B&G.
Congrats to Clay for making the final cut also. He's got a big fan base among the Steeler fans.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It went to the wrong one.
Should have been Clay Matthews the 3rd.

I'm gonna stick by my team with my stubborn Packers pride.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Polamalu is a class act in the league. Plays his heart out every down, humble, and a likable guy (off the football field). Now that I have time to get over my initial disappointment Clay didn't get it, congrats to Troy, he deserves it.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I a big packer fan,and I was hoping clay would get the award,I'm also a big troy fan and it is because of how he plays,all heart and I seen in games where if he knocks some one down always their to help them up,and you can tell he is a very humble person.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The voting was very close. It was deserving IMHO.

Was definitely rooting for CM3, and Packers fans know very well the impact this KID has when he's on the field, much like Polamalu, but I can't say it's not deserving, because Polamalu is CLEARLY the most impactful player on their D.

We suspect that Clay not playing would have the same impact (counting from the Miami game). And Clay has played injuried for most of the season. But everybody saw the difference when Polamalu wasn't playing. They were an average D without Polamalu.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh No! I thought Clay won it when I logged off here yesterday! I thought he had an outstanding year and he deserved it. I'm glad Troy got it if Clay didn't. He too plays hard every down. We can be proud Clay was considered for such a high award in only his second year. Hopefully Clay shows em in the SB who the real DPOY is!

pittguy578

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a Steelers fan, and if McCarthy doesn't get coach of the year after dealing with all of the injuries it will be a travesty.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I am a Steelers fan, and if McCarthy doesn't get coach of the year after dealing with all of the injuries it will be a travesty.

That is very decent of you to say - thanks. I don't expect it, but we'll see. (Seems to be the year of the Packer Snub.)

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy is a true class act.....in addition to being one heck of a player. I was lucky enough to meet him a few years back and he's one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. One awesome person for sure.

I was hoping Clay would get it but no shame losing to Troy. Clay will get his share of individual awards no doubt.

:chisux:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

I think it's going to go to Rheem Morris. But yea, I think Mike Deserves it too.

Members online

Latest posts