Intermittent latency in Shoutbox.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@realcaliforniacheese are you still seeing problems with the shoutbox? I do see a delay every now and then when the godaddy site seal is loading. I will look into a slight change at the godaddy site seal to see if that helps with anything.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
@realcaliforniacheese are you still seeing problems with the shoutbox? I do see a delay every now and then when the godaddy site seal is loading. I will look into a slight change at the godaddy site seal to see if that helps with anything.
Not as bad as it was, just occasional. Let you know next Sunday. How's it going? retired in July, BYOD was the last straw. No more network, firewall or any other ******** IT calls in the middle of the night. Sleeping well again.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not as bad as it was, just occasional. Let you know next Sunday. How's it going? retired in July, BYOD was the last straw. No more network, firewall or any other ******** IT calls in the middle of the night. Sleeping well again.

Glad to hear you are sleeping well again. That is the most important part!

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I was thinking Bring Your Own Dinner. Later I thought of Date but that's an afterwork thing and nigh impossible for computer geeks.
Yes, IT guys don't really get any time off, you can run but you can't hide.I was the network administrator for a school district. There was me and the Systems admin to run 30 servers, 23 sites, Networks, and they were big networks, Voip, 4000 wireless access points, Firewalls, content filters...... We had 2k employees and 20K kids.

Managing a network at a school district is a unique challenge in the IT world. you have legal obligations to protect the kids from being exposed to anything nasty. At the same time all the teachers want to allow access to all these sites that are security issues.

When someone suggested that we let the student hop on our wireless with any device they might have my former idiot, balless and ignorant boss said sure. Talk about a nightmare. I hadn't had a real day off in the 10 years I worked there. BYOD was the straw, I'm too old for this ****. I know Wa Wa Wa..

Well now its No work, No stress, No money.

I am trying to adjust.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts