Interior line

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point our starting interior line is Scott Wells at center, Klemm and Whittaker as starting guards. Some QB is going to be killed. If I was Favre I wouldn't want any part of this either.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't so much not like Klemm and Whittacker but they are not the right type of guys fot the zone blocking scheme. Hopefully we can get some guards in the draft or after the first cuts

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Good thing season doesnt start for what, 4 or 5 months huh??

Setting your team up starts with free agency and we have done nothing. You can't count on rookies, no free agents left and the only trade material is Faine (sp?) the center from Cleveland and I don't see anything about trading for him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4 guys can play guard...

Depth Chart

OFFENSIVE LINE
T 71 Kevin Barry 6-4 332 26 5 Arizona FA-02
T 76 Chad Clifton 6-5 330 29 7 Tennessee D2-00
G/T 62 Junius Coston 6-3 317 22 2 North Carolina A&T D5a-05
T/G 70 Adrian Klemm 6-4 318 28 7 Hawaii UFA-05 (NE)
C 61 Wayne Lucier 6-4 315 26 3 Colorado FA-06
T 65 Mark Tauscher 6-4 315 28 7 Wisconsin D7a-00
G Pete Traynor 6-3 311 26 1 Iowa FA-06
C/G 63 Scott Wells 6-2 304 25 3 Tennessee FA-04 (D7-04)
C 68 Chris White 6-2 285 23 2 Southern Mississippi FA-05
G 78 William Whitticker 6-5 338 23 2 Michigan State D7b-05

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paxvogel, You set your team up through the draft and build around them via free-agency not the other way around.

There are no Guards in FA, Never were this year. It looks like we are going to have to depend on our guys, rookies, or some journeyman this year. Theres just no other way around this.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
At this point our starting interior line is Scott Wells at center, Klemm and Whittaker as starting guards. Some QB is going to be killed. If I was Favre I wouldn't want any part of this either.

If Klemm and Whitticker are the starting guards, i agree we're in trouble. However, I think there is almost no way that will happen. Sherman and Rossley aren't running things anymore. I think the guards will come from a group consisting of Coston, Barry, Tauscher, and a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. A June FA pickup is always possible too.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel

where have you been, NO GUARDS OR ANYWAY TO GET ONE.... weve been saying this in every other topic out there.
pyle says it right "It looks like we are going to have to depend on our guys, rookies, or some journeyman this year. Theres just no other way around this."

so just sit tight and pray its all we can do

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
THere is this thing called the draft coming up where we will take care of that.

Maybe we get lucky and Nick Mangold falls to us in round two :)

With the way Lendale White is falling, he might be around at the Steelers pick. They might pick him to replace Bettis instead of Mangold to eventually replace the aging Hartings.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I hope Mangold is around.Unfortunately, I think the Jets may snag him up one spot before us. If not we would probably go with something other than an o-lineman. The 2 that will be there do not fit the scheme. Possibly CB with Antonio Cromartie or WR Maurice Stovall if Moss is gone.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mangold would be a great pick. He'd start right away. Fits the scheme perfect and can play OG or OC. We could seriously get him as well. With the Jets maybe getting D'Brick and now signing Teague to replace Mawae that puts Mangold's next stop to Pitt at #32 but is he worth a pick over Moss or White. Probably not. So he could fall to us in round 2 and if he does I'd take him in a heart beat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts