Interesting read

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I read those things..

http://www.firetedthompson.com/

This guys says "Teddy lacks the will to commit to Henderson for more than a year, despite the fact William has been a stable back for 11 seasons. Most scouts still believe he has 2 or 3 years left in him."

He brings up what a good thing it was, but focuses way to much time and energy on guys that were let go...

Says we were not aggresive enoough to get get A.V....So paying him to be the highest paid kicker means nothing....The guy doesnt even mention the Pickett signing..

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a stupid site. We are on the verge of signing some good players and the only thing some people can do is complain. :evil:

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, this website isn't going to cut TT any breaks. I just think this site speaks volumes of how quickly TT has angered a good chunk of the GB fan base.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Or maybe he is expecting donations so he can get the Fa he THINKS would be great for the team?

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Be sure and send in your donation to this site, whole purpose seems to be for the guy to make money.

I doubt he's really trying to make money off the site. He asked for donations to defray the cost of hosting the site.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Be sure and send in your donation to this site, whole purpose seems to be for the guy to make money.

I doubt he's really trying to make money off the site. He asked for donations to defray the cost of hosting the site.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Grey Ruegamer on WSSP Radio

Grey Ruegamer was on WSSP Radio yesterday (1/30/2006) talking about Brett Favre's interview with ESPN's Chris Mortensen. He was quoted as saying that it's obvious that Ted Thompson is trying to build through the draft, build a young team, put his stamp on the organization, etc... and "older" guys like Brett (and he also cited himself) don't fit into that picture. He went on to ask if anyone Ted Thompson signed to the team during the season even had three years experience in the NFL, and speculated that Thompson was basically looking for people to send to NFL Europe. For anyone that might be interested, here is the full interview. It is about a 10 minute long, 1.75 megabyte file .mp3 file, so it might take awhile to download depending on your connection speed.

Do these statements disturb anyone as much as they disturb me?

When you're an athlete; putting yourself, your career, and your livelihood on the line every game becomes a lot harder when you don't believe in your organization or those that administrate it. I don't care how much you're getting paid, when the stakes are high enough that one cheap hit or bad block could cost you not only your job, but your health for the rest of your life; it's difficult to play for a team that makes you feel like you're too old to fit in there. Grey knows that, and so does Brett Favre.

I don't know about you, but it makes me wonder what the general mood in the Packers locker room is like.

(I know what you're going to say...He's disgruntled...But...no matter what the source is of his "gruntlement".... he is still CORRECT about the situation!)

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This same web from Hoos came up on the PackerNews site today also. The reaction to this was basically the poster could stick it. BTW Hoos, are you "LOVENTHEPACK" from the other site?

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MontanaBob said:
This same web from Hoos came up on the PackerNews site today also. The reaction to this was basically the poster could stick it. BTW Hoos, are you "LOVENTHEPACK" from the other site?

No, I'm not "LOVENTHEPACK", but that is where I found the site from. I agree that the site is maybe a bit much since Tighty Teddy has only been here for 1 and half years, but I wholeheartedly disapprove of the job he's done.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66 !!!

You trying to give player quotes on the situation now ? Good stuff but you do no that even though :

- Brett Favre is showing frustration with the team for the first time ever.
- Madden has pumped in his two cents worth on the situation.
- Packer fans are so pissed that they are signing fire Ted petitions.
- Half the fans on the forum chats are seeing problems with Ted etc etc

You do know all these players, coaches, writers and fans opinions must mean nothing because the fans of TT see nothing wrong and they know best !!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, you make this a black and white, TT vs Brett thing. It's just not that simple.

Pack66 - I think

Green, has more than 3 years
Henderson
Gardner
Davenport
Boerighter
Manual

These guys all have more than 3 years of experience. So again it's just not true. If there was SO MUCH dissention in the GB locker room why would half of our players resigned?

Ruegamer stated what he thought, but he is not Brett. Where does it say Brett thinks like that?

TT likes young guys, no doubt, but so did Kraft/Belichek in NE. Seemed to work out ok for them.

There were no real impact guys out there that fit the system and were not overpriced. Most the guys that can possibly fit in were either signed or have been brought in. Arrington has been brought in by several teams but noone wants to overpay him. Woodson is still deciding so he must be somewhat intrigued by GB or he would have done been signed by TB.

Who that TT signed in free agency is going to NFL Europe? That was the dumbest statement ever. All these guys will be on the field contributing come September.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Pickett also has more than three years experience. I don't think they have signed anyone with less than three years experience other than a couple of kickers. Nice to know that these people have their facts straight. Maybe instead we should sign every player possible on the wrong side of 30.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, better yet, lets sign every player north of 30 with bad attitudes and people who don't fit the scheme for millions of dollars more than they are worth. But hey, they were good when they were 27, who cares what they have done in the last 3 years because once they get to GB they will be superstars again.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man..

You guys are too funny!

Every FA that TT doesn't sign is too fat..or too old..or cost too much $$$...and yet you say there's no one out there to sign!!!

(Talk about toe-ing the company line..)

Well I don't where or how or when all of these guys are going to materialize for TT to sign 2 months before the season..do you?

As for the NFL Europe comment...I guess if TT is going to go with developing the team with rookies through the draft...either they're gonna start as rookies and be horrendous...or go to NFLE..!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you cant stress the Kraft/Belichek correlation enough. we are patterning our system after theirs and as much as i hate the patriots (with every fiber not takin by the bears and vikings) i couldnt pick a better team to emulate. Look im not all about TT, not even close, but he aint doin that bad. hes just under the microscope because of the situation he has walked into. Just dont come back on this site tryin to jump on the band wagon when what TT has done gets us back to the super bowl.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Pack66, every player you wanted was to fat,old,or wanted more money. You see you only name Big-Name players if you want to throw out a name that isn't so **** we can debate it. There are several people I would have not minded seeing TT pick up. Unfortunately, none are on your list of over-priced, brokedown has-beens.

There were people TT didn't sign and maybe could have or should have but he didn't. But he did make some good signings so I am happy.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vini wanted to kick in a Dome, just like every other Kicker. Wish we could have got him, but he preffered the dome

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts