Interesting Read from PackerChatters !!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should McCarthy get the credit...

Thursday, 31 August 2006

if Favre throws fewer interceptions this year?
Contrary to what seems to be a popular opinion, if Brett Favre throws 15 or fewer interceptions this year instead of 20-something of them, very little of that will have to do with Mike McCarthy doing what many like to call “holding him accountable.â€

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in other words, there's a really good chance that Favre will set the all-time interceptions record this year. :wink:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
So in other words, there's a really good chance that Favre will set the all-time interceptions record this year. :wink:

Nope it's the talent around him that would "really" set the record. :wink:

Seriously Michael Smith of ESPN had some nice words about McCarthy. He said he's on his way to become a great Head Coach and was a great hire for the Packers. One of the few guys who think he was a good hire.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Lare said:

Seriously Michael Smith of ESPN had some nice words about McCarthy. He said he's on his way to become a great Head Coach and was a great hire for the Packers. One of the few guys who think he was a good hire.

Did Smith say why exactly? Was this an espn interview type of thing or an article he wrote? Because that's very interesting I havent' heard any ESPN news commentators on football say MM was a good hire.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
Lare said:

Did Smith say why exactly? Was this an espn interview type of thing or an article he wrote? Because that's very interesting I havent' heard any ESPN news commentators on football say MM was a good hire.

It was "Who's Ready and Who's Not"

Smith said Favre is not ready and McCarthy will have this team prepared despite the Monday Night game and is ready. He said McCarthy will make a great NFL Head Coach. Smith was fairly high on McCarthy from the get go. I remember when he was hired he had some good things to say.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that if everything is perfect, Favre will throw fewer INTs. That's a given. However, in spite of that, I don't think Favre will throw fewer than 20 INTs this year. THis year we will NOT see the stars align for us. Too many weaknesses yet. TT will take care of that within three years, I have confidence in him.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
Lare said:

Smith said Favre is not ready and McCarthy will have this team prepared despite the Monday Night game and is ready. He said McCarthy will make a great NFL Head Coach. Smith was fairly high on McCarthy from the get go. I remember when he was hired he had some good things to say.

What did he say Favre is not ready for?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:
Lare said:

What did he say Favre is not ready for?

Did you watch him Monday Night. :wink:

That's pretty much why. Personally Favre has been around for a while. I think he's ready by now. Is he in mid season form. Probably not but I think he's ready for the start of the season but he'll need to play better if this team is to do anything. The whole team will need to gel.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Lare said:

What, no tearing apart Michaels Smith's credibility? If he would have said McCarthy stinks it would be "This guy has no credibility" or "this guy doesn't know anything"

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
Lare said:

What, no tearing apart Michaels Smith's credibility? If he would have said McCarthy stinks it would be "This guy has no credibility" or "this guy doesn't know anything"

Maybe you should read posts instead of thinking stuff up in your head or assuming things or labeling all posters in one group. I've stated I'm back to square 1 with the coaching staff. If you would of read that instead of doing the above tactics you wouldn't have to bother to make a ridiculous post such as the one in the quote box. I even gave a theory that what if McCarthy gets fired at the end of the year like Ray Rhodes.

I've said some nice things about McCarthy. Like I question the hire at 1st but he is slowly starting to win me over as a Head Coach because of what I‘ve seen at practices. I'm not there yet but we'll know by December for a fact.

I've said some negative things about the guy. Maybe he'll be like a Norv Turner. A good Coordinator but can't cut it as a Head Coach.

Mike Dikta ripped Thompson for firing Sherman. I didn’t denounce Dikta.

But you wouldn't know that. Your objective is to come to the forum and annoy as many people as possible because they disagree with your takes. Grow up, learn to agree to disagree, and discuss football.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
Lare said:

Maybe you should read posts instead of thinking stuff up in your head or assuming things or labeling all posters in one group. I've stated I'm back to square 1 with the coaching staff. If you would of read that instead of doing the above tactics you wouldn't have to bother to make a ridiculous post such as the one in the quote box. I even gave a theory that what if McCarthy gets fired at the end of the year like Ray Rhodes.

I've said some nice things about McCarthy. Like I question the hire at 1st but he is slowly starting to win me over as a Head Coach because of what I‘ve seen at practices. I'm not there yet but we'll know by December for a fact.

I've said some negative things about the guy. Maybe he'll be like a Norv Turner. A good Coordinator but can't cut it as a Head Coach.

Mike Dikta ripped Thompson for firing Sherman. I didn’t denounce Dikta.

But you wouldn't know that. Your objective is to come to the forum and annoy as many people as possible because they disagree with your takes. Grow up, learn to agree to disagree, and discuss football.

It wasn't even directed at you Porky, take a breath!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, it wasnt directed at you, porky. He only quoted you in the message, so naturally...he wasnt talking to you.

that makes sense.

somewhere...

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really interesting about that article is that more fans don't appear to understand that there are a lot of factors that contribute to INTs. Just think how bad GB would be if Favre took the conservative route many here are advocating??

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It was "Who's Ready and Who's Not"

Smith said Favre is not ready and McCarthy will have this team prepared despite the Monday Night game and is ready. He said McCarthy will make a great NFL Head Coach. Smith was fairly high on McCarthy from the get go. I remember when he was hired he had some good things to say."

This might be the stupidest comment ever. If Favre is NOT ready then how will how "will McCarthy have this team prepared"?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think favre said it himself he needs to trust the new w.r. he said he depends on driver alot because they know where they stand with each other but he has to have that with the others plus get the run game going it is a team effort,and i think he wont have that many interceptions this year.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he made a nice pass to Jennings again today for 89 yards so on a positive note, I think we now have our other go-to guy in place !!!!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Well he made a nice pass to Jennings again today for 89 yards so on a positive note, I think we now have our other go-to guy in place !!!![/quote]

Ferguson? lol jk

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts