Reaction score
Heard this on the radio today and made for a good topic

Injury prone to you is

Injured and can not play

Injured and can play

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think the meaning of it in NFL terms would mean injured and can not play. But you can still be injury prone AND work if need be. Pretty interesting longtimefan. I suppose it's how you look at it.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I don't think it really matters if one is injured but still produces on the field.

Therefore, I would have to say it would be an injury situation that affects the performance come game time.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im prayin Rodgers can get through this season ,, with out being injured to point he cant play ... with that sloppy oline he may not make it tho ... we have tough teams around the corner with better players ,, we will see ...

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither. Injury Prone, means that a particular player has a tendency shown from his history to not be durable, to wrack up injuries which cause him to miss valuable lpaying time.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so a broken foot that he played on, a bad shoulder that he played with and a torn acl he played with for 3 years and he is injury prone

okay

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
point of the poll was this really

if injury prone to YOU is a guy that just gets hurts and still plays then YOU have to say BF is injury prone as he had about 12 injuries just in last 8 years or so

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a black and white issue. If you are getting injured all the time and still play, but it affects you perfromance, then you are injury prone. If you can play through them and not have it affect you play where it hampers the res tof the team, then you are not. AR playing last sunday does not mean he's not injury prone as you can see how it was affecting him the last few drives. It will be interesting to see how he plays this week with missing more practice.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
This is not a black and white issue. If you are getting injured all the time and still play, but it affects you perfromance, then you are injury prone. If you can play through them and not have it affect you play where it hampers the res tof the team, then you are not. AR playing last sunday does not mean he's not injury prone as you can see how it was affecting him the last few drives. It will be interesting to see how he plays this week with missing more practice.

THere is a difference between playing with an injury (say broken thumbs) and playing with an injury that makes you a liability. Playing with an injury is part of the NFL. Its a very physical and demanding game and very few players make it the entire season without a scratch or wound of some kind.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Veretax said:
angryguy77 said:

THere is a difference between playing with an injury (say broken thumbs) and playing with an injury that makes you a liability. Playing with an injury is part of the NFL. Its a very physical and demanding game and very few players make it the entire season without a scratch or wound of some kind.

Thing is with BF, he was an oddity and we all know it..

Forget he was a Packer for a minute...

Do you understand how truly special it was what he did? No one is probably going to break his steak and I think we all know this.

People have to get used to the idea that AR will miss some time and that does not mean he is a wuss..It is a fact that happens in the NFL, and happens to even the toughest guys out there..

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was a freak and I don't think anyone in their right mind can expect for that to be repeated. As for AR, I do see this guy as a walking injury waiting to happen. Don't take that as a slam but more of an opinion based on the past. I don't look down on him for it, its just one of those things, but I do see it as a potential pitfall. But I could be wrong and he may not be any worse/better injury wise than the res tof the QB's in the league.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
Favre was a freak and I don't think anyone in their right mind can expect for that to be repeated. As for AR, I do see this guy as a walking injury waiting to happen. Don't take that as a slam but more of an opinion based on the past. I don't look down on him for it, its just one of those things, but I do see it as a potential pitfall. But I could be wrong and he may not be any worse/better injury wise than the res tof the QB's in the league.

Brett Favre was clearly affected by his thumb injury for an entire season. so he is injury prone?

Name me one game that Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre have missed or openly hurt the team and i will give you the injury prone label.

you see him as a walking injury because you cant get over a QB who didn't care enough about you to get over some trivial bull... and play for the team that made him. but don't take that as a slam.. but more of an opinion based on your past.

Bottom line. Neither Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre can justly be considered injury prone. Neither has ever missed starting a game due to injury.

this poll to me is pretty obvious. If injured and can play is still considered "injury prone" then more than 80% of the NFL is injury prone.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
angryguy77 said:

Brett Favre was clearly affected by his thumb injury for an entire season. so he is injury prone?

Name me one game that Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre have missed or openly hurt the team and i will give you the injury prone label.

you see him as a walking injury because you cant get over a QB who didn't care enough about you to get over some trivial bull... and play for the team that made him. but don't take that as a slam.. but more of an opinion based on your past.

Bottom line. Neither Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre can justly be considered injury prone. Neither has ever missed starting a game due to injury.

this poll to me is pretty obvious. If injured and can play is still considered "injury prone" then more than 80% of the NFL is injury prone.

I also said I could be wrong about him. I'm not talking in absolutes. This was a loaded poll topic so people can spin the facts to make Rodgers seem normal. I have never heard of a second string qb getting hurt as much as this guy has in the past. We will see and time will tell. But here is one thing that I wont be wrong about. The pack will not win a SB as long as TT and MM run the show. And peopl like you can cry about after reality hits in a few years, but at least you will have the satisfaction that they showed that hillbilly that he was not bigger than the team.

BTW I love you motto becase it's true. We are seeing what the full onslaught this team can do unde rthis coach.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:

And again Rodgers has had 4 injuries since high school thats 4 years of high school 2 years of college ball ( not sure if its 2 or 4, but 2 years at Cal ) and then this is the 4th year of NFL

thats almost 10 years and has had 4 injuries..

Take away his non starting time in the NFL and thats 7 years and 4 injuries..

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
Packnic said:
angryguy77 said:

I also said I could be wrong about him. I'm not talking in absolutes. This was a loaded poll topic so people can spin the facts to make Rodgers seem normal. I have never heard of a second string qb getting hurt as much as this guy has in the past. We will see and time will tell.

fixed your post for ya! as TT and Mm have NO BEARING on this topic

Was it loaded..NOT intentions were not put out from the get tho however..

I wanted to prove a point.. that is all

Call him injury prone then BF has to be called it as well

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Im done with this forum. You mods want to control the debat so much that people don't even know what they can and cannot say. I initialy had a friend come on and you guys deleted his origional salary cap topic. He's not comming back. Way to make this thing grow I can see that you guys have your act together. You can site the rules however you want, but you have made this forum into something that just plainly sucks. You should take a cue from Celtics Blog. They allow the people to rip on whatever they want and are not women about it. People were ripping on Rivers during the whole playoffs and they didn't limit the debate to certain threads because they didn't wnat to hear it. And you know what, its a great site to visit and discuss the team. You don't have to whisper your dissent and are not forced to go into other threads to voice your opinion and wonder if you ticked off some moderator because you ripped the team. Just because you don't want to hear something, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. This forum doesn't exist to amuse you clowns, but it is for the fans to discuss current and relevant topics like it or not. But your abuse of power will chase away peopel that are looking to debate the team and have a good time and not just say go tea go.I will find another forum where the mods have a life and can accept different opinons and the where the fans are not such homers that it makes this state look dumb. Mabey you mods should look around the net and see that these types of sites are not so restrctive as you.

Have fun watching you TT and MM team go down in flames. I for one will question the front office because I can think for myself.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
OK Im done with this forum. You mods want to control the debat so much that people don't even know what they can and cannot say. I initialy had a friend come on and you guys deleted his origional salary cap topic. He's not comming back. Way to make this thing grow I can see that you guys have your act together. You can site the rules however you want, but you have made this forum into something that just plainly sucks. You should take a cue from Celtics Blog. They allow the people to rip on whatever they want and are not women about it. People were ripping on Rivers during the whole playoffs and they didn't limit the debate to certain threads because they didn't wnat to hear it. And you know what, its a great site to visit and discuss the team. You don't have to whisper your dissent and are not forced to go into other threads to voice your opinion and wonder if you ticked off some moderator because you ripped the team. Just because you don't want to hear something, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. This forum doesn't exist to amuse you clowns, but it is for the fans to discuss current and relevant topics like it or not. But your abuse of power will chase away peopel that are looking to debate the team and have a good time and not just say go tea go.I will find another forum where the mods have a life and can accept different opinons and the where the fans are not such homers that it makes this state look dumb. Mabey you mods should look around the net and see that these types of sites are not so restrctive as you.

Have fun watching you TT and MM team go down in flames. I for one will question the front office because I can think for myself.

maybe read your post again??????????

I did not touch YOUR post

but the part I quoted in my post..

Can I not edit a post I quote at all??

Again YOUR original post is intact and was not touched..Go ahead, read it

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:

first of all, I should have known you were from Boston or a fan of Boston teams. They are all glory hunters who never REALLY pull for the team, just when they win. and they are all obnoxious as hell.

But as far as your point goes about Celtics Blog. They have reason to be denouncing their coach. Doc Rivers is terrible and you can point to a thousand things that agree with that point. IT has meaning and facts behind it. Thats not an opinion thats fact. Doc Rivers sucks. His team was so good it overcame not only LA but their own terrible terrible coach. In fact if you ask any real Boston fan... they still wish Doc Rivers would be fired.

Bashing TT and MM in everypost is completely different. hater.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:

If you can't figure it out, this thread had NOTHING to do with TT and MM, but YOU managed to bring them up. If YOU can learn how to stay ON TOPIC, there probably would be NO PROBLEMS.
Is that plain enough for you to understand?
And that is why those other forums turn into flame fests and troll wars.
And the spelling dude. :(

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why he is so mad. LTF edited his quote, not his original post. Wait, I just asked why a guy was mad when his name is, "angryguy" Nevermind. :beer:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IronMan said:
I'm not sure why he is so mad. LTF edited his quote, not his original post. Wait, I just asked why a guy was mad when his name is, "angryguy" Nevermind. :beer:

ROFL!!

:clap:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts