Interesting depth chart

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer depth chart was updated today. They currently have Ruegamer as starting RG, Klemm or Wells as starting LG, and Whitticker isn't mentioned.

On defense they have Manning starting at LB, and still haven't decided between Carroll or Thomas at CB. Lots of uncertainty at a few positions so close to the start of the season.

http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

OP
OP
A

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
Looks like Collins' starting job has also been downgraded to possible.

Wow, they keep changing it every time I look. Just a few minutes ago Collins was the starter. They've since added Whitticker too as the possible starter since I last looked.

We probably won't know for sure who starts until they take the field next week :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Anyone else notice the weird positions for LB? SAM, MIKE and WILL. What is that?

Sam is the strong side linebacker,

Will is the weak side and GUESS what the other is?

I guess it is better than Sneezy Goofy, and Doc

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is one of the reasons I don't like the Packers own depth chart. It always seems to smack of politics.
I think most organizations like to keep the players jumping thru hoops a bit to see what develops.
Guys on the bubble will bust their butts to make sure they stick. Guys who are close to becoming a starter will often try a little harder. And so it goes.

There is some good and some not so good behind that kind of logic. As a fan we just want to cut to the chase (Oops sorry I shouldn't use Chase's name should I?) and know who's on the #1 team.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Sam is the strong side linebacker,

Will is the weak side and GUESS what the other is?

I guess it is better than Sneezy Goofy, and Doc
That's what I was guessing, but I'm just wondering why it says Sam, Will and Mike. What's the origin?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Bears Fan said:
I think that it would be more appropriate to call it the "lack of depth chart" :pray:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

you're lashing out Phil...look inward!
I can name at least 7 positions that the Bears have not only better starters but more depth at that posistion. Not lashing out at all.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as updates for RG and LG it seems as if Whitticker and Klemm have gotten the nod to start. Sherman just hasn't announced it yet.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I can name at least 7 positions that the Bears have not only better starters but more depth at that posistion. Not lashing out at all.

if all that depth translates into a losing season, then why brag about it?

Denial Phil.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Let's see 11 starters on Defense and 11 on Offense, 2 Special Teams = 24

Bears have 7 positions of more strength.

So that make us roughly 66% better than DA Bears, sounds about right. :lol:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04: Look at the first letters of each name.

Sam=Strong side
Mike=Middle
Will=Weak side

It's still kind of a stretch, but for some reason the names have stuck. I never heard those terms until just a few years ago, but now they are very common. I have no idea who came up with them, and why they didn't choose, say, Steve, Marty, and Walter.

By the way, does anybody remember so much indecision and secrecy about the starting lineups going into the first week of the season? I sure don't. It does not inspire a whole lot of confidence.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I think that it would be more appropriate to call it the "lack of depth chart" :pray:

The Bears would be experts on "lack of ..." charts. :lol:

Especially "lack of wins". :lol:

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, does anybody remember so much indecision and secrecy about the starting lineups going into the first week of the season? I sure don't. It does not inspire a whole lot of confidence.

Sherman's playing it close to the vest to keep the Lions guessing. It's got to be driving Mariucchi crazy trying to figure out whether to game plan for Ruegamer or Whitticker. :shrug:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one made me laugh, NCPackerfan. I'm picturing Mariucci alone in the locker room late at night, scribbling on a chalkboard, tearing his hair out: Ruegamer or Whitticker? Ruegamer or Whitticker?

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, I'll ask: who are the 7?
I can think of Kreutz at Center. Only one on O.
On D:
Harris DT
Urlacher MLB
Brown S
Who are the other 3?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depth charts are a weapon devised by coaches to drive fans and other coaches nuts. Best is not to pay too much attention to them.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Kuston-

I am not sure that I can come up 7, but one more would be Tillman @ CB. Going to be an elite CB in this league.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey phil, not to argue but with what you said, does that mean the Packers have 15 starters that are better at their position. Plus the kicker. If it comes down to the Bears & Packers games in December and you have " Put the game on the line Doug Brien" making the game difference kick, are you going to close your eyes? :pray:

Members online

Latest posts