Interesting..... Beightol on the hot seat?

Reaction score
Beightol might get fired after season

To me, this is coming out of the blue. Beightol has been excellent. And I like the fact that he is firey. Not many men his age are. But most interesting...... THIRD-LAST PARAGRAPH! :shock: ....

If the Packers do let Beightol go, they will lose a vital cog in their offensive brain trust. Sources say he is one of the few assistants willing to challenge Sherman on game-plan decisions

I don't know about you, but I think something like a pro-con system is vital. I have defended MS many times in the past, but letting Larry go would be a shame. He can only do so much with so little. But regardless, it shows the coach he is when even after the new players, we are still fourth in sacks allowed.

I personally think it is best if TR leaves, but Beightol HAS to stay.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beightol is the wrong guy to get rid of. He's transformed several of our O-line players into excellent players.

Rossley is the one that needs to go. I hope Beightol doesn't become Sherman's scapegoat.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems the writers are about out of material lately. The season is a wash so they reaching.

There may be changes but I don't think anyone has an inside track on what anybody is thinking/planning for the off-season. And that includes a certain QBs future as well...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Beightol was fired by Sherman. He's our best position coach. Because the line has been so good up until this year, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he just didn't have the same caliber of players to work with. I also like his fiery personality, and he does seem like a coach who would not be afraid to challenge Sherman on game-planning.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you get this stuff, Beightol fired by Sherman!! Do some of you posters really believe most of this stuff that comes across websites. Be more knowledgeable. If Sherman haters get their way all Assistant coaches will be gone, if Sherman loses his job, which I doubt will happen.But many new GM s have fired head coaches they did not hire.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the thing that stands out, and leads me to believe there may be some truth to this matter, is the fact that the article cites Beightol as the one assistant who will challenge Sherman on game-plan decisions.

We all know how much Sherman likes lackeys and ***-kissers who are of one mind....this could be the kiss of death for Larry....having an opinion he expresses. For SHAME!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way this man should be fired. If he is fired, this organization is showing that it is really screwed up.
The guy that deserves to go is Rossley.
If he stays and Beightol goes that will be the final straw as far as Shermans validity as Green Bay Packer HC assuming it is his decision; and most HC's do have the say over their coaching staff.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The irony of it all would be one bad season gets Larry fired, and somehow Rossley survives an entire career of sucking. Go figure, the one guy who shows some fire and a spine and it is being speculated that he will be gone.

Good to have friends in high places if this is how it shakes out.

I would have to guess that TT would be inclined to can Sherman's *** if he pulls this **** as it would CLEARLY be a political move designed to show MS has some balls.......but which would have a negative impact on the team.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now DePack..

You just don't understand Sherman...

This is Sherman throwing Beightol to the crocodiles so that he can keep his pet "hump" Rossley...This fits Sherman's "MO" to t "T"...

Also..Beightol had the "nerve" to challenge King Mike...He lords it around Green Bay like he's the Aga Khan...nice man..my ***...!!

Sherman is more of an arrogant, pr!ck control freak than any of you could even imagine! Won't listen to anyone...fires anyone who disagrees with him...all to save his sycophantic..yes..man...Rossley!

There's an old saying...that's going to catch up with Mikey....

"You can throw all of your servants to the crocodiles...but eventually they will come for you..."

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is, Beightol has displayed the ability to get the job done for several decades. Mike Sherman has shown the ability to fall short of expectations for 4 years, this season included.

Beightol has typically coached players up and made whoever he has had work, this year being the exception. Mike Sherman had an absolutely loaded offense for 3 years and still found ways to not utilize that unit to offset what he knew to be a weak defense. Open 'er up a bit Mike, the opponents are gone score in the 30s...and yet he never did.

Big difference.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mikey Sherman asks "hey what time is it", Tomy Rossley answers "Any time you want Mikey",,,, I am sure this is the kind of guys that Shermy likes to have in his staff anything but *** kissers...

Well it seems that once again the wrong assistant coach will be fired...

Maybe Shermy is even considering to tear down Lombardi´s sculpture at Lambeau and replaicing it with Tomy Rossley´s one.... Maybe we should have Tomy Rossley´s one in the mens room so we can all pi$$ on him !!!

Have a good year 2006!!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Sherman, I think we can all agree, likes to micro-manage the **** out of this team. This characteristic has been raised repeatedly, in both good and bad terms, throughout his tenure. If any of you have been around people like this, you recognize them for what they are...control freaks. Now, like most personal traits, control freaks come in various degrees....some tolerable some not.

Personally, I think the teacher in Mike Sherman that demands total control over a classroom has reared its ugly head in his coaching staff. I think Sherman looks at his staff in the same way he looks at a group of students in the classroom. He has the ***-kissing suck-ups (Tom Rossley, Slowik, Novak) that require no dispersion of energy beacause they are nothing but parrots for the coach. And he also has the brilliant rogue (Beightol ) who challenges his teachers message...and as a result, gets his knuckles slapped with a yardstick.

If Sherman should dare to let Larry go, and retain the likes of Tom Rossley, I think all of the defenders of Sherman will be forced to re-think their position on this issue.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as a few others alluded to, this sounds too dumb to be true, and may be a matter of the media reaching.

but if Beightol wound up being the one and only coach fired this offseason, then I would agree w/ TOPF and digs, and lose a lot of faith in MS.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digs..

i tend to see him as some pinch-faced screw of a librarian...

or Nurse Ratched from One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest...

hey...there's Mikey's new name...

Big Nurse...!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
Seems the writers are about out of material lately. The season is a wash so they reaching.

So this is really the writers making this stuff up? See this is the kind of thing that makes me angry about Mike Sherman. You've got a guy who has built you a superb line. You give him crap to work with and then you blame him. That's how we lost Ray Sherman last year. Beightol is the only coach with any balls to make a difference and inspire on that team. You want to fire someone? Fire Mr. Predictable, Rossely.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost Ray Sherman because of the whole issue of his son's death being ruled a suicide not because of a breakdown in the relationshipbetween he and Sherman. You're thinking of the old RB coach, Jeff Jagodzinski (TEs) and jethro franklin (DL) all of whom openly criticized Sherman after they left GB.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read the article. It was basically an interview with Beightol and nowhere do I recall him saying anything like "I'm worried about my job." It was pretty much the writer creating drama where none existed.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would bet not one of you Sherman bashers have ever met the man, yet you all know his personality flaws....how he feels about everything....his emotional status....who his friends are...etc.

The fact is none of you guys knows what goes on in the lockerroom... what relationships are between coaches....whether or not Sherman gets in Favre's or anyone else's grill. Quit pretending to know something. You don't. We are all outsiders. Deal with it.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
The thing that got me was when Beightol said he could get his walking papers. Why would Beightol say that? If he has been fined by MS for being to blunt and agressive as a coach, then there is perhaps some animosety between the two. I said MAYBE, not definitly. If a respected person with a track record of Gold like Beightol was told to change his style of coaching from whats worked, then you can understand the coach being upset. But Beightol could have as easily said he failed to get the guards ready this season, he made a mistake somewhere, and it was his fault and won't happen again. But Beightol eluded to the fact that this O-Line could cost him his job. That is what got to me. Beightol isn't the type of man to throw stuff out there for the sake of giving people something to talk about. He must feel he is on the hot seat for him to say it is possible for him to loose his job. And that is inexcusible. I agree with many others, if this move happens, I can't continue to support MS. But I will give MS the benfit of the doubt for now, he is a smart man (I hope), and realises the excellent coach Beightol (who teaches his players clean ways to beat the D-Line, none of the chop block crap) can't be let go.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack..

You can see the stuff that goes on the field...what articles have been written..what other coaches have said..what the man himself has said..etc...and get a pretty good picture of the man...BY HIS ACTIONS....

what many of these posters have said, to me...does not seem far off the mark...

My question to you is...do you think you know this man...? I mean..better than any poster here....

You seem to have a high opinion of him that is very personal to you..and i am really wondering why?

Just what do you see in this guy?

Members online

Latest posts