1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting article...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Fuzznuts, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Whites Only Radio in Wisconsin?
    by goofticket

Mon Dec 17, 2007 at 09:41:26 AM PST

goofticket's diary :: ::
    White Only Radio..

A simple search of the Midwest Communications website and it's listings of 'On-Air" talent....shows an alarming racist component.

Only white people.
    In the entire state, not one minority, anywhere...and 90% of the programming is conservative talk.

One might wonder if the owner, a guy named Duke (D.E.) Wright may have an agenda on his monochromatic pallette. His political contributions, personally and corporate are all Republican donations....Hmmmm.

The FCC requires minority representation, but the 90.2% whitness of Wisconsin is what defines diversity?
    This is disgusting, and likely to be an embarassment for Wisconsin.

Think the Fairness Doctrine needs to be reinstated?

Let's go through the list:

GREEN BAY

WIXX...only whites.
    WNCY...only whites.
    WTAQ...only whites.
    WNFL...only whites.
    WZBY...only whites.

WAUSAU:

WIFC...only whites.
    WDEZ..only whites.
    WSAU...only whites.
    WRIG...only whites.
    WOFM...only whites.
    WIZD...only whites.

APPLETON

WROE...only whites.
    WOZZ...only whites.

SHEBOYGAN

WHBZ...only whites.
    WHBL...only whites.
    WBFM...only whites.
    WXER...only whites.

NOT ONE MINORITY in the entire Wisconsin on air staff.
    Midwest's Corporate Executives are all white.
    They have jobs for on air talent....but they have to be approved by Jerry Bader, the local white guy talk radioist.

Jerry Bader, National Director News/Talk Programming, Midwest Communications, jerry@wtaq.com

What does everyone think?

2. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always believed that economic status has become a larger problem than racism within the last decade. Don't get me wrong, it still exists, but on a smaller level than economic status. Much of this is where you live, whether a problem is more prevelant than another. Living in Illinois, Springfield to be exact, I have found that the greater problem is economic status.

As for this instance, it should be looked into objectively. If a black person who perfectly qualified for the job was turned down, there is a problem. However, you should not hire someone to fill the status quo. If I understand you correctly, more than 90% of Wisconsin is white. Therefore 1-2 of the spots should be, according to percentages, filled by minorites. I would like the see the numbers for Milwaukee and Madison, since the population of the given cities are quite small. You can't base the entire state of Wisconsin on those four cities. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying the given is information isn't enough.

3. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Wasn't sure what to make of it, not being from Wisconsin, or never having set foot in Wisconsin.

I think this issue was brought up when Reggie White was alive regarding barbers, or something.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Seriously?
    I think it's stupid. Just another attempt to make everything a "racial problem". Most blacks i have talked with are liberals, (i said MOST, not ALL) and they have tried putting liberals on talk radio, and they found they don't have enough listeners. So they end up shutting down.
    In Milwaukee we had Michael McGee (a black man) on the radio, and when a white conservative talk show host's Mother died, McGee said something like "It's good that the mother of a conservative died........thats what she deserves for raising a son like that" (I think the actual quote was even worse then that, but you get the idea). Thus, he was kicked off the air. Gee.....must have been cause he was black, right?(Thats what he tried to say.....you know, when all else fails, trump with the "race card") Oh........they replaced him with his son, Michael McGee Jr. Another black guy that hates whites, and trys to make EVERYTHING racial.
    Fact is, i have been listening to a black man on the radio who was filling in for a white guy that was on vacation. You know what? I don't care WHAT color skin he has, the guy (i didn't hear what his name was) was RIGHT ON in what he said. Race has nothing to do with it. I have met all colors of intellegent and stupid people.
    To me, there is WAY too much use of the "race card" today, to get out of responsibility and get away with stuff. It ends up taking away from the REAL racial problems.
    If race problems were solved, guys like Jesse Jackson and AL Sharpton would be out of work. I think thats why everytime something happens, they are quick to try to make it "racial", so they can keep making themselves feel "important". Fact is, these guys make a living out of keeping the races divided. If we all got along, they would go broke.

5. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Cheesey,

That's not right that "they've tried to put liberal talk shows on the air, but found they have no listeners". That is just an incorrect statement perpetuated by Right Wing Hate Mongers like Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and O'Reilly, etc.

The point of the article was that the "media" is controlled by a handful of rich white guys, which you can't deny, and they have a certain "agenda", which is keeping all of their money, and making more money off of the backs of the middle class and working people, and to make sure that only one-side of any news story is reported.

The fairness doctrine was created so that you don't have monopolies of a few powerful, rich, white conservatives controlling everything that gets out into the media (TV & Radio) and the newspapers. The liberal media is a myth. Rupert Murdoch just bought the Wall Street Journal and myspace, and it's bad enough that we're bombarded with lies from Fox News 24/7.

Was just wondering if the percentages were right in Wis., and from your reply, I'll take that as a yes!

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Liberal media a myth???
    I don't know what you have been reading or watching on TV, but i get bombarded by liberal garbage daily. Our local paper "The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel" is 99% liberal slant. They put any conservative stuff on the last couple pages, if at all.
    And why do all libs call anyone thats conservative (and white) "hate mongers?"
    I have listened to talk radio, and all i hear is the truth being said. How if you do a crime, you should do the time. Is that "hate talk?" Is it "hate talk" to say we need to protect our country against terrorists, or illegal immigration? Libs turn that into supposed "hate talk" cause we want to keep immigrants out. Uh.....only the ILLEGAL ONES!!!
    And you know what? If liberal talk radio WAS listened too, you can BET it would be on the air! It's all about the money, and if no one is listening, thats the ONLY reason there is no liberal talk radio! The ONLY reason conservative talk radio is on the air is because people listen to it, and the majority AGREE with it. If they didn't, it would be off the air TOMORROW. Rich dudes don't keep it on the air if it isn't making them money. I know you don't want to hear that, but it's the truth. Most of the Hollywood rich and famous are liberals. If there was money to be made in lib talk radio, you can BET these rich libs would throw their money behind it. But truth is, liberalism is the minority, but they scream the loudest.
    Fox news is the FIRST news that just TELLS THE NEWS. They don't slant it either way, thus libs say they are lies. If it's not liberal slanted, it's lies to them.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh....and the "fairness doctrine" was created because that was the only way they could FORCE their doctrines into places where no one agreed with them or wanted to hear them.
    Seeing as no one would buy into what they say, FORCE it onto them.

8. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I spent almost 8 weeks in Wisconsin. Never saw a hinkle of racism.

The Carolina's now that is a different situation. I was at a Hurricanes hockey game and was given a flyer promoting "An American Heritage Family Day Picnic." There was going to be some Civil War Historians with exhibits so I thought I would go, even though it was out in the boonies.

Big mistake. It was basically a Klan Gathering.

I lived in L.A. during the Rodney King Riots. When the riots started I was in Carson. While trying to get back to Glendale I had a brick or something smash the passenger side of my car window. I then decided not to stop at any Red Light until I made it to the 101 freeway.

Oh there is racism out there, but I doubt that Wisconsin is the bastion of it.

R.P.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you RP.
    It seems this is just another attemt at someone trying to stir the pot. You know...."if there isn't a problem there, lets make up one" type of thing?
    Take a look at the Rodney King riots as an example. Does it make sense to tear apart a city, attack a bunch of innocent white people, destroy and rob businesses (many that were owned by black people) because of the Rodney King verdict? Lets face it...........it was a bunch of scum bags that were just LOOKING for a reason to riot, a reason to steal, a reason to smash a white person's head in. It had NOTHING to do with Rodney King. Heck, we see the same things happen when some pro sports team in a big city win a championship. These are thugs looking for a "free pass" to commit crimes.
    Are their racists in Wisconsin? I'm SURE there are. Oh.....and alot of them are "African American" as well as white. But i have yet to see a riot when a Wisconsin sports team wins. Not even in downtown Milwaukee.

10. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheesey.

Growing up in Canada I never experienced Racism until I moved to L.A., and it was against me. A guy said to me: "What is a white boy like you doing here, are you doing a little slumming? Get your white *** back to where you came from."

Fox is more right wing, CNN is more liberal. They both slant the view based on providing what their listeners or watchers want to hear.

It is TRUE that there are more Right Wing talk shows than Left wing, and it does have do with the amount of listeners. However it mostly has to do with the amount of ADVERTISERS. Advertising pays the bills. Generally business wants to advertise to buyers who have disposable income. It is the micro economic love story "Supply and Demand."

When was the last time you saw a BMW with a Democrat Bumper Sticker. The Democrat Bumper sticker will be on the 1992 impala with no hub caps, and a front left hand side - quarter panel that is painted a different color than the rest of the car.

Republican supporters generally have higher incomes (Throw out the Hollywood crowd.) than democrats.

With less advertising revenue the stations are forced to choose. Do I want to put on a Right Winger on the radio and get $100k in advertising dollars, or should we put on a democrat and perhaps pull in 40K in revenue.

There is racism with in racism. I know of many African Americans who despise Tiger Woods because he married a white girl. I know of many whites who despise his wife for marring Tiger.

Christ there are even some African Americans who criticize African American men who have girlfriends that are not black enough! Get that she is a light skinned Black not a Dark skin black. What is this world coming to?

Fuzznuts. I enjoy your posts, and appreciate your opinion on this, and in many ways your right. But Fox is not racist. You want to see real sick racist T.V. Click the link below.

(Warning this will make you sick. So do not open if racism offends you.)

My Nephew sent me this... He was doing a paper on racism and found this on the net.

http://www.whitepride.tv/

Not only are these people on this newscast racist, but they are the dumbest mentally challenged morons I have ever seen.)

AND no matter what you think of Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson at least they have intelligence. There are no extreme dumb *** black web organizations like there are extreme dumb *** white organizations.

I agree with you Cheesy as always.

Let's just all get along.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Harry Sydney must not count?

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know RP......but honestly? I see just as many "Hillary" and "Clinton/Gore" and the like on big SUV's and BMW's around here as i do "W" stickers. It's the Democrats that always scream about Republicans being the "rich" guys. But lets see.......who are the ones that are screaming that? Yup........the RICH DEMS! It makes me laugh when i see that kind of stuff, yelled by the very ones that are filthy rich themselves.
    But they ARE smart! Just as you say! They SAY they are "for" the little guy, and keep preaching how the wicked rich Republicans don't CARE about them. Yet they are lining their own pockets all along the way. The democratic party thrives on fear. They get the people scared, and make them think only THEY have the answers, only THEY can save them from the wicked republicans. Look at what Al Gore has done. He has made a FORTUNE using the "global warming" scare tactic. You see, i remember when i was a kid growing up in the late 1960's and early 1970's. What were we being told the big scare was then? THE NEXT ICE AGE WAS COMING!!! We were all gonna FREEZE to death!!! What changed so drasticly in 35 years, that NOW we have suddenly doomed the planet to global warming? Truth is, the planet has ALWAYS gone through climactic changes, and we have VERY LITTLE to do with any of it. But when you SCARE the people, you can CONTROL them. And unfortunatly, those with low income and low level of education can have the ol' "wool pulled over their eyes" quite easily. Thats another reason why Sharpton and Jackson flourish. They ARE intellegent, and know just how to control their followers, who might not be as intellegent as they are.
    If you want to read something interesting, read the book "Do as I say (not as I do), Profiles in liberal hypocrisy" by Peter Schweizer. It's a good read, and may open some eyes to whats REALLY going on witht he likes of the Clintons, Michael Moore, Al Franken, Teddy Kennedy, and on and on.

I wish i could run for president, as i would clean house on BOTH sides, and put this country back on track. But of course, they would bump me off in my first month, because i would not "tow the line".

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    ** looks at the topic and runs away **

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I just clicked on that site.........I didn't stay there long. You know what? If an African American wears a shirt that says he (or she) is proud to be black, people pat them on the back and say "good for you". But if a white person wore a shirt that says "proud to be white" they instantly would be called a racist. Now, to me there is nothing wrong of being proud of whatever your roots are, be it African, England, Ireland, France, Poland, whatever. Am i proud to be white? Heck no! The color of my skin has nothing to do with whether i'm a good person, or a jerk.
    Now the idiots on that site..........they think that because they are white they are better then people of color? That just shows how stupid they really are. I have known GREAT people of "color" and some jerks. I have known some great white people, and some jerks. If skin color is all that matters to you, theres something wrong with you. Those people are what real racists are.
    Unfortunatly there are plenty of racists of ALL skin colors.
    Me, i judge each individual on who they are, how they treat others, their moral fiber. I don't give a rodent's rectum what color skin they have.
    But thats how i was raised.

15. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    +1

The issue of racism, no matter how immoral it really is, will never be abolished because some people aren't complete enough as a person to get past the visual and focus on the real complexion of a person… their soul, heart and morale roots.

* Now runs away from topic for good *

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    well gentleman, while I appreciate the kindness and calmness in which this topic is being discussed, it must come to an end.

Rules, rules, rules....

By registering on and/or logging into www.packerforum.com you agree to accept and abide by the rules of the forum. Of which are:

1.)Moderation of Messages
    Admins or Moderators can/will delete/move any content on this site for any reason at any time, no questions asked, with or without notification to the member(s).

2.)Language
    Keep offensive language to a minimum. We would like this forum to be appropriate for users and fans of all ages. If you have any doubts about whether a particular statement might be considered offensive by other users, please do not post it. You do not need to use profanity to get your point across to other users

Please do not post:
    -Racist remarks
    -Excessive profanity
    -Sexual harassment
    -Religious persecution
    -Remarks that serve no substantial purpose other than to antagonize another person i.e Flamming or Trolling
    -Bigoted remarks
    -Soliciting or advertising
    -Posts which are illegal, or that endorse, encourage or enable the commission of illegal acts (such as posting information about constructing bombs or stealing copyrighted media)
    -Posting personal information without the express permission of the subject
    -Posting false information. Opinions are welcome but lies about facts are libelous
    -Posts that contain sexually explicit language
    -Posts that are designed to cause some technical problem for the system
    -Posts that seem specifically designed just to test the limits of what is not offensive and seem to serve no other purpose including boosting your post count
    -Any other post that shall, at the sole discretion of www.packerforum.com owners, operators, managers or employees, be deemed offensive
    -Posting links to locations which violate any of the use terms
    -Political threads, thoughts, comments etc.

3.)Flamming and Trolling
    No posting flame bait or Trolling. Posting inflamatory comments simply to agravate people off (with no factual backing) will not be tollerated and the posts will be removed. The poster of the inflamatory material will first be warned via pm and or email. If they continue the posting of inflamitory comments and do not intend to have intelligent discussions on the forum, their IP, email and/or username can and will be banned.

:locked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.