Interesting article on Lazard/Kumerow OVER Allison/MVS

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be very OK with Adams, Lazard & Kumerow in on 3-WR sets. Obvious passing downs pull a TE, insert MVS & let him fly... clears out the middle for the others & allows Jones the wheel-route in the flat behind MVS. Time to get serious & get Allison off the field unless we go 5 WR set.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Heard one of the guys on GB sportstalk radio refer to Kumorow as "Whitewater Jesus".

That tickled my innards.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just turned on the DIII Championship game. My wife rolled her eyes. Then the announcer said "Kumerow" with the catch. That must mean that Whitewater Jesus's younger brother plays there as well.

Lazard deserves to be the #2 for sure. IMO MVS and Kumerow can fight it out for #3 while with Allison taking a few reps in the #4 or #5 position. He just doesn't have anything.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allison is gonna come through big one of these games.
Great!! As the #5 WR he'll get 4 or 5 snaps and actually make a play! He's had opportunities and made some good/great catches along with some bad drops... now he hopefully has a lot of time on the sidelines to think about producing.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question or potential problem is if Lazard and Kumerow can learn the routes in those spots quickly...we shall see

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're looking at a few routes to be reused:

Comeback
Slant
Go
Dig
Out/screen

I don't think it's anything crazy

It's just can they get open and catch the ball lol, which they've proven they can

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, only Agholor is less efficient than Allison is?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great!! As the #5 WR he'll get 4 or 5 snaps and actually make a play! He's had opportunities and made some good/great catches along with some bad drops... now he hopefully has a lot of time on the sidelines to think about producing.

His contract is up at the end of this year, and I'd say barring a major game winning catch in the playoffs or something, he's walking. There should be some great WRs in rounds 2 or 3 even, so I say send him packing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see him back. I don't think he's going to get big bucks or even medium respectable bucks, so he's not going to cost a lot. He's a guy you replace when someone beats him out, but you need 3,4 guys to beat him out. So far we have 2?

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Geronimos story and he seems like a good guy but at the end of the day he just isn't an NFL receiver

I mean you look at the Vikings top 3 or 4 or the Chiefs top 3 or 4 receivers

Not to take anything away but those are NFL receivers. Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but with his top 3 receivers and Kelce, he should be throwing for 40 touchdowns every year lol

We just need to invest in better receivers

I would have loved Emanuel Sanders as he's that smaller slot guy you need with Davante and Lazard

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense has looked FANTASTIC the past 5 weeks or so now, especially just DOMINATING the Vikings O today

Will be curious to watch Lazard progress... He caught 5/9 targets but 2 of those were "throw aways"

He had a bad drop on a deep pass that was originally ruled a catch

But I was impressed with some of his 3rd down catches

Members online