Interesting 2006 offseason

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knew that we would be strongly competing with the Vikings . . . . . for a higher draft ranking.

The reality is that there is no sure top 10 draft pick. So 10 could be better than 1 when it all plays out.

Its too bad about Daunte. As much as I hate the Vikes I want to beat them at their best.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm interested to see the approach thompson will take with this offseason, we're gonna have some cap room, i'd like to see us get a couple mid-range free agents instead of offering up big contracts...we're going to depend on a healthy javon walker coming back...we haven't the fondest idea of who our running back(s) will be next season...and of course, draft picks galore...

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Who knew that we would be strongly competing with the Vikings . . . . . for a higher draft ranking.

The reality is that there is no sure top 10 draft pick. So 10 could be better than 1 when it all plays out.

Its too bad about Daunte. As much as I hate the Vikes I want to beat them at their best.

well we didn't manage to beat them at their worst, so I guess we're doomed!

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pete Carroll doesn't want to coach the Vikings. He'd never be able to turn around a marry bunch of under-achievers. That'd be a mistake if they drafted Leinart if they got #1 unless they dealt Culpepper.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT is going to spend big money on a free agent kicker this off season, I hope it's on Neil Rackers of Arizona instead of Longwell. Rackers is younger, and has a stronger leg than Longwell.

Rackers was just named special teams player of the month for making all 12 of his field goal attempts, and for having 13 touchbacks for the month. But that's not what impresses his teammates according to the article below.

"We have to consistently tell him (Rackers) to stop (being so aggressive after he kicks off)," Green said. "He had a tackle near the 20-yard line the other day (against Dallas). There's no way he should be (there). If he tackles a guy, it should be at the 48-yard line on a guy who breaks through clean. He's a very good athlete. He's one of the top 10 athletes on the team. I'm talking about all-around athlete. A guy who can run fast and jump. He's also a strong guy. And guys respect him for that. He can also do tricks with the ball."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... b1104.html

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Longwell has "lost it" in the space of one year...

There's got to be something else going on...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66, on this we agree. Longwell is an exceptional kicker that is having obvious troubles this season. An abberation if you ask me.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:

Reality is that Reggie Bush is a sure-fire, win-win, top 10 draft pick and if the Packers pass on him, they will regret it as bad as when they had a chance to pick Barry Sanders. Of course hindsight is 20-20, but Reggie Bush is still in the future and GB better make it happen if given that opportunity IMHO!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:

no sure top 10 pick????????

there's at least 5 guys on USC i would take in the top 10.

(and rackers is a stud)

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
If TT is going to spend big money on a free agent kicker this off season, I hope it's on Neil Rackers of Arizona instead of Longwell. Rackers is younger, and has a stronger leg than Longwell.

well, fat chance of this happening because Rackers just got a 4 year extension today: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2217705

I heard that down here on the radio. :cry:

Usually the Cardinals aren't that smart. Oh well.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a HUGE mistake to consider the USC coach as "sure fire" in the NFL. And he'd be nuts to consider it! He's on cloud nine and he can name his own price at USC. To those who consider Bush as the team's savior, I recall that Barry Sanders was great for the Lions but he didn't make them perennial winners. Bush won't either. Exciting, yes. IMO, we're much better off in trading down if possible and getting more talent overall. Sayers didn't make the Bears winners by himself.

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but sanders didn't have the other players around him to back him up, and he basically kept the lions semi competitive all by himself. Same things with tomlinson, the type of player that you build around pretty much. Teams will hopefully have to bring in extra men into the box to account for him and then you throw it deep, with walker there we are covered. It's true though that as far as personell goes we are close to having a very good team.

Members online

Latest posts