1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting 2006 offseason

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who knew that we would be strongly competing with the Vikings . . . . . for a higher draft ranking.

The reality is that there is no sure top 10 draft pick. So 10 could be better than 1 when it all plays out.

Its too bad about Daunte. As much as I hate the Vikes I want to beat them at their best.

2. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i'm interested to see the approach thompson will take with this offseason, we're gonna have some cap room, i'd like to see us get a couple mid-range free agents instead of offering up big contracts...we're going to depend on a healthy javon walker coming back...we haven't the fondest idea of who our running back(s) will be next season...and of course, draft picks galore...

3. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well we didn't manage to beat them at their worst, so I guess we're doomed!

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Pete Carroll will coach the vikings and draft Matt L.

5. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Pete Carroll doesn't want to coach the Vikings. He'd never be able to turn around a marry bunch of under-achievers. That'd be a mistake if they drafted Leinart if they got #1 unless they dealt Culpepper.

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete Carroll doesn't want to coach anywhere but USC.

7. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If TT is going to spend big money on a free agent kicker this off season, I hope it's on Neil Rackers of Arizona instead of Longwell. Rackers is younger, and has a stronger leg than Longwell.

Rackers was just named special teams player of the month for making all 12 of his field goal attempts, and for having 13 touchbacks for the month. But that's not what impresses his teammates according to the article below.

"We have to consistently tell him (Rackers) to stop (being so aggressive after he kicks off)," Green said. "He had a tackle near the 20-yard line the other day (against Dallas). There's no way he should be (there). If he tackles a guy, it should be at the 48-yard line on a guy who breaks through clean. He's a very good athlete. He's one of the top 10 athletes on the team. I'm talking about all-around athlete. A guy who can run fast and jump. He's also a strong guy. And guys respect him for that. He can also do tricks with the ball."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... b1104.html

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AZPF, I AGREE! I think RL is making excuses for his misses, and Rackers would be an instant improvement.

9. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    That's awesome lol, go kicker :)

10. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I find it hard to believe that Longwell has "lost it" in the space of one year...

There's got to be something else going on...

11. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    66, on this we agree. Longwell is an exceptional kicker that is having obvious troubles this season. An abberation if you ask me.

12. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Reality is that Reggie Bush is a sure-fire, win-win, top 10 draft pick and if the Packers pass on him, they will regret it as bad as when they had a chance to pick Barry Sanders. Of course hindsight is 20-20, but Reggie Bush is still in the future and GB better make it happen if given that opportunity IMHO!

13. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Must be Mike Sherman.

14. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably SheRossley's fault.

15. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    now you're gettin' it...

(haha..)

16. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    no sure top 10 pick????????

there's at least 5 guys on USC i would take in the top 10.

(and rackers is a stud)

17. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    USC is an NFL player factory :p

18. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well, fat chance of this happening because Rackers just got a 4 year extension today: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2217705

19. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard that down here on the radio. :cry:

Usually the Cardinals aren't that smart. Oh well.

20. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's a HUGE mistake to consider the USC coach as "sure fire" in the NFL. And he'd be nuts to consider it! He's on cloud nine and he can name his own price at USC. To those who consider Bush as the team's savior, I recall that Barry Sanders was great for the Lions but he didn't make them perennial winners. Bush won't either. Exciting, yes. IMO, we're much better off in trading down if possible and getting more talent overall. Sayers didn't make the Bears winners by himself.

21. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But we have the team around Bush. We have Favre, Javon Walker, Donald Driver to mention some, so it wouldn't all rely on Bush.

22. ChuckSTG

ChuckSTG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but sanders didn't have the other players around him to back him up, and he basically kept the lions semi competitive all by himself. Same things with tomlinson, the type of player that you build around pretty much. Teams will hopefully have to bring in extra men into the box to account for him and then you throw it deep, with walker there we are covered. It's true though that as far as personell goes we are close to having a very good team.