Interception Record

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, i was just watching NFL Network and they said Brett's only a few picks shy of setting the all-time record for interceptions (in a career). :rubeyes:

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on the bright side woodson broke his own record on ints in one season.

i think he will break it by the end of the season, but i dont think favre really cares about that record that much.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GEORGE BLANDA holds this record at 277 interceptions and I don't mind at all if Brett breaks it. Why you ask ?

Not to knock Blanda but to put things in perspective George's TD total when his career ended was 236 Total, Brett is already over 400 ( 413 ) I believe. Combine this with all the other records Brett has broken and / or is extending and this INT record may be significant to some but not to me.

Link to todays records Brett broke and is extending below:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9876533

Link to Blanda's Career Page Below ( check Stats page ):

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=29

Enough Said !!!

OP
OP
B

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very good points!!! I just found it suprising that he has thrown that many in his career. This was the first i had heard of that record.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GEORGE BLANDA holds this record at 277 interceptions and I don't mind at all if Brett breaks it. Why you ask ?

Not to knock Blanda but to put things in perspective George's TD total when his career ended was 236 Total, Brett is already over 400 ( 413 ) I believe. Combine this with all the other records Brett has broken and / or is extending and this INT record may be significant to some but not to me.

Enough Said !!!

Somebody send Blanda's stats to Brett.

Perhaps Brett will take note that some say George's best year came with the Raidahhs in 1970 at the age of 43.

RP

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bsmith_501 said:
Very good points!!! I just found it suprising that he has thrown that many in his career. This was the first i had heard of that record.

Thanks bsmith_501, I would not worry about this record, just have yourself a good arguement ready for all the Packer Bashers who "will" throw this record in your face and at the same time fail to mention all the other Brett records that have come with this one. Cheers friend !!!

OP
OP
B

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Winnipeg, i'll have some good arguments if anyone uses this record to bash Favre. Cheers to you too!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Enough Said !!!

Somebody send Blanda's stats to Brett.

Perhaps Brett will take note that some say George's best year came with the Raidahhs in 1970 at the age of 43.

RP

Well, I was going to say Brett should play two more years after this. Now it's clear that Brett needs to play until he's 43 then. :towel:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look at all the bums Brett has thrown to, I'm surprised that he doesn't already own the record. Even today, how many drops did our receivers have? For gosh sakes it's hard to win games when your receivers can't hold on to the ball. Even that interception in the end zone when Brett threw into coverage with four defenders there, if Martin comes to the ball, if he doesn't make the catch at the very least he breaks it up.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look at all the bums Brett has thrown to, I'm surprised that he doesn't already own the record. Even today, how many drops did our receivers have? For gosh sakes it's hard to win games when your receivers can't hold on to the ball. Even that interception in the end zone when Brett threw into coverage with four defenders there, if Martin comes to the ball, if he doesn't make the catch at the very least he breaks it up.

I listened to the game on the Lions broadcast and I think there were six dropped ones, including a dropped TD by D Martin, a dropped TD by Lee, and one Green dropped that got intercepted. Favre wasn't on today, don't get me wrong, but his stats would have been completely different had those 2 TDs been caught, because both of them were followed by INTs.

Let's pretend both TEs caught the TDs that were right in their hands. These would be the new stats:
22 COM 37 ATT 194 YDS 2 TDs 1 INT

Still, not wonderful, but acceptable.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

I listened to the game on the Lions broadcast and I think there were six dropped ones, including a dropped TD by D Martin, a dropped TD by Lee, and one Green dropped that got intercepted. Favre wasn't on today, don't get me wrong, but his stats would have been completely different had those 2 TDs been caught, because both of them were followed by INTs.

Let's pretend both TEs caught the TDs that were right in their hands. These would be the new stats:

Great post..totally agree... :thumbsup:

There's alot more involved out there then just the stats. Players have to make plays..

There's only so many opportunities to do so during a game...

And hey, they won today. So...take it for what it is...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

Drops are apart of the game. Granted they don't make it easier but you can't throw poor passes because guys dropped the ball.

Members online

Latest posts