Inside Linebacker Prospects

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
And true to your form, you come at me swinging for no reason.... I SUPPOSE you followed Mathews career very closely during practices as a walk on freshman????????????????????????????? Not.........
It may seem to you like he's "swinging (at you) for no reason" but here's what you apparently don't understand: The person advancing a supposed fact has the burden of backing it up. So when you were challenged about Matthews playing safety at USC, why not quote and link where you read it - if you did?

I did not follow Clay's career very closely or during practices (the inference you leave is you did), but I did very easily find this:
The freshman linebacker was relegated to duties on the scout team at Southern California in 2004.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/clay-matthews?id=80431

Perhaps you'll find something regarding Matthews taking a snap at safety at USC, but that won't change the fact that in your relatively short time here, you frequently ignore facts posted by others, and play fast and loose with your own "facts".

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guys, I looked for a couple minutes and seen Mathews was 166 pounds as a HS junior. Played a few snaps at TE while at USC. Literally nothing about his freshman year other than an obvious assumption he was a LB. Couldnt find his weight as a walk on freshman, but can one assume its 200 pounds max?

All this speculation aside..........

If you were coach, and this guy walked on... Would you consider trying him a few snaps at safety? If you were coach? Im sure the USC coaches did....

That said I dont care to search archives to prove you all wrong. I read it on a scouting report back when this info was relivant. Its good enough for me.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Literally nothing about his freshman year other than an obvious assumption he was a LB. … If you were coach, and this guy walked on... Would you consider trying him a few snaps at safety? If you were coach? Im sure the USC coaches did.... That said I dont care to search archives to prove you all wrong. I read it on a scouting report back when this info was relivant. Its good enough for me.
This poster in a nutshell: Found “literally nothing” to support his statement. In spite of that he’s sure he’s right. Restates his unsubstantiated (made-up) assertion. And that’s “good enough” for him. :rolleyes:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This poster in a nutshell: Found “literally nothing” to support his statement. In spite of that he’s sure he’s right. Restates his unsubstantiated (made-up) assertion. And that’s “good enough” for him. :rolleyes:
spent 5 minutes looking. 5 minutes too much. None of you posted anything disproving me. You do the homework and you will find out.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts